Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: DB not looting

  1. #1
    Vuz
    Vuz is offline
    Buddy
    Join Date
    11.09.2012
    Posts
    3

    Default DB not looting

    Hi there,

    I am new here and I have just started to use DB since last week. It is a great tool and at start it works flawless. However, I have noticed during last weekend that for unknown reason DB stops looting items. During the week I don't run it much because I only start it when I'm home from work. Basically it only runs during the evening and when I go to sleep, I stop everything.

    This is what I'm currently using:

    Latest version DB
    Profile: A1 Inferno Champion Hunting -- by ciggarc
    Plugins: Giles Trinity 1.3.1 and RadsProfileManager (Acronic-Plugin-7512579 zip file)

    Some global settings that I have changed and the rest default:
    1) I have changed the kill radius and loot radius to 60 and 80
    2) Bag protection (First 2 column starting from left and all the rows in those columns)
    3) Stash protection 2 and 3

    What I have observed:

    Bot runs correct at start but after a while (yesterday it happens after 4-5 hours) it just stop looting. This has happened twice (Saturday and yesterday) and both times it looks like the looting was stopped after a townrun to sell and stash stuff. With Giles' plugin I have set to pick up all 52+ items and all pots and gems, so in a run it happens that I go to town 2-4 times.

    What did I do to solve the problem:

    On saturday I have spent more then half a day trying to fix the issue. I have done multiple fresh installations of the old versions when it was still looting. I was even using the DB wizard with each new fresh installation and according to the wizard I have to repair Visual C which I did each time. At some point I was really desperate and I was thinking to reinstall whole windows. But then I was informed by a friend that there was a new Giles plugin out and I took the opportunity to use the new Giles plugin PLUS using the latest version of DB. After installing these I still got the same problem. Then my last attempt was to install DB in the root of my HD and I accidentally forgot to set Bag and Stash protection (lost a couple of items because of that, hehehehe). With the last installation it was looting again so I was very glad even though I had lost some fun stuff. Then the moment I turn on bag protection it was not looting anymore. This is where I got the clue that bag protection is preventing my bot from looting. Somehow it thinks I have protected my bag completely even though I have only set a few columns (with all the rows) as protected. I have even checked the cfg file to see if it is correct in there and all looks fine. In the end I have manage to set the amount of Bag protection as I want by incrementally increasing the size of the bag protection slowly (trial and error).


    Yesterday after running the bot some hours the problem came back in the evening while the first half of the day it was running fine. I took a break of botting in the afternoon for max 2 hours or so and after that restarted the bot.

    I have used the same strategy and now I have put all the stuff I don't want to sell in my stash because I have only been able to protect 3 spot in my bag (1st column row 1-3).

    Unfortunately I did not make any log dump of the DB sessions (don't know which 1 of the 4 options to dump log) when I have noticed that it went wrong. I did see some nullpointerexception about health determination messages when fighting elites but not sure if it is related.

    So I just want to ask if someone has experienced the same problem.

    Please note that this is occurring both in latest as previous DB version with Giles previous as current plugins. I don't think it is because of Giles plugins so that is why I post this message here.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    Legen *wait for it* dary

    Join Date
    15.01.2010
    Location
    Athens,Greece
    Posts
    78,188

    Default

    remove bag and stash protection and let me know if you see any changes

  3. #3
    Vuz
    Vuz is offline
    Buddy
    Join Date
    11.09.2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    remove bag and stash protection and let me know if you see any changes

    Thanks Tony for the quick reply.

    Yesterday, the issue has occured again after approx 3 hours botting. Then I have removed the bag protection and the bot was looting agian so I called it for the day. This evening I will let the bot run without bag protection to see how it reacts. As for removing the stash protection, I prefer not to try it yet, since the bot is messing up my stash.
    Yesterday I have also heard something interesting: the amount of potions can also cause the looting system to stop working. Someone who I have introduced to use the bot has observed the following: after the 100th pot has been looted (while we have the "always loot pots" option checked in Giles Trinity plugin) his bot was also not picking up any loot (and he also has bag and stash protection). Only after removing the pots from his bag or lowering the amount of pots, his bot was looting agian without needing to touch the bag/stash protection.

    This is odd since I have 2xx pots in my bag when starting the bot and I can see it was looting the first hour. Furthermore I dont think in a session of 3-5 hours, I will pick up more then 100 pots because I never saw it reach 300 or above. However, this is an interesting observation which I will be testing the coming days since I have the feeling this could be related

    To be continued...

  4. #4
    Buddy
    Join Date
    02.06.2012
    Posts
    1,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vuz View Post
    Thanks Tony for the quick reply.

    Yesterday, the issue has occured again after approx 3 hours botting. Then I have removed the bag protection and the bot was looting agian so I called it for the day. This evening I will let the bot run without bag protection to see how it reacts. As for removing the stash protection, I prefer not to try it yet, since the bot is messing up my stash.
    Yesterday I have also heard something interesting: the amount of potions can also cause the looting system to stop working. Someone who I have introduced to use the bot has observed the following: after the 100th pot has been looted (while we have the "always loot pots" option checked in Giles Trinity plugin) his bot was also not picking up any loot (and he also has bag and stash protection). Only after removing the pots from his bag or lowering the amount of pots, his bot was looting agian without needing to touch the bag/stash protection.

    This is odd since I have 2xx pots in my bag when starting the bot and I can see it was looting the first hour. Furthermore I dont think in a session of 3-5 hours, I will pick up more then 100 pots because I never saw it reach 300 or above. However, this is an interesting observation which I will be testing the coming days since I have the feeling this could be related

    To be continued...

    You should not be using bag or stash protection. Put your valuable items in your stash and let the bot have full access to your bag. Stash protection is simply un-necessary with Trinity as Trinity will *NOT* try to put anything in a slot where an item already exists as long as you have installed and are running it correctly. Bag protection checks within DemonBuddy are flaky, and can cause random errors. If you have valuable items, keep them in your stash. If you are super-paranoid, create a mule character and stick them in the mule character's bag-slots.

    You should post any issues with looting, combat, anything at all in the Trinity thread if you are using Trinity. The DemonBuddy guys can't really help you with errors you get while running with plugins, since they did not create the plugins and can offer no guarantees about how those plugins work or what they do.

    However I should point one thing out;
    - nobody that has installed Trinity correctly, followed all the instructions on the Trinity thread (clearing out old plugins, clean DB install, using Giles filters for pickup rules *NOT* using "custom loot rules" which is an advanced option and shouldn't really be needed by anyone except advanced users), is having any issues with loot - but again, I should make it clear, that most people botting do not use protected bag slots (because, as people find, they cause random bugs/issues/confusions within DemonBuddy at times). Try and stick to the default options in Trinity as much as possible, the default settings have been designed to be the "best for everybody". If you are not Inferno farming, you may want to go to the "Item Handling" tab and lower the item levels the bot picks up - but beyond that, you should keep everything as it is.

    If you have further problems with Trinity, please post in the Trinity thread!

    (Tony - any chance of a sub-forum for Trinity and letting me moderate it!? I know this is really really unlikely, but a plugin that handles so many different aspects of DemonBuddy (handles almost EVERY aspect of DemonBuddy) rather than one small area, having only one thread is becoming a struggle, and my changelog/update posts quickly become lost in the thread, and I've started to notice a lot of overspill into other threads elsewhere in the forums for Trinity related things, something that doesn't really happen with most plugins, as most plugins only focus on one small aspect of the bot. 1,170+ replies in less than 7 days, 60-70k+ views, and overspill throughout the forums...!).
    Last edited by GilesSmith; 12.09.2012 at 13:46.
    - Giles "The Shrewsbury Devil" Smith.

    My Plugins:
    Giles Trinity v1.6.3.4
    Auto Gear Upgrader & Equipper v1.7.1

    [Donate via PayPal]

  5. #5
    Vuz
    Vuz is offline
    Buddy
    Join Date
    11.09.2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GilesSmith View Post
    You should not be using bag or stash protection. Put your valuable items in your stash and let the bot have full access to your bag. Stash protection is simply un-necessary with Trinity as Trinity will *NOT* try to put anything in a slot where an item already exists as long as you have installed and are running it correctly. Bag protection checks within DemonBuddy are flaky, and can cause random errors. If you have valuable items, keep them in your stash. If you are super-paranoid, create a mule character and stick them in the mule character's bag-slots.

    You should post any issues with looting, combat, anything at all in the Trinity thread if you are using Trinity. The DemonBuddy guys can't really help you with errors you get while running with plugins, since they did not create the plugins and can offer no guarantees about how those plugins work or what they do.

    However I should point one thing out;
    - nobody that has installed Trinity correctly, followed all the instructions on the Trinity thread (clearing out old plugins, clean DB install, using Giles filters for pickup rules *NOT* using "custom loot rules" which is an advanced option and shouldn't really be needed by anyone except advanced users), is having any issues with loot - but again, I should make it clear, that most people botting do not use protected bag slots (because, as people find, they cause random bugs/issues/confusions within DemonBuddy at times). Try and stick to the default options in Trinity as much as possible, the default settings have been designed to be the "best for everybody". If you are not Inferno farming, you may want to go to the "Item Handling" tab and lower the item levels the bot picks up - but beyond that, you should keep everything as it is.

    If you have further problems with Trinity, please post in the Trinity thread!

    (Tony - any chance of a sub-forum for Trinity and letting me moderate it!? I know this is really really unlikely, but a plugin that handles so many different aspects of DemonBuddy (handles almost EVERY aspect of DemonBuddy) rather than one small area, having only one thread is becoming a struggle, and my changelog/update posts quickly become lost in the thread, and I've started to notice a lot of overspill into other threads elsewhere in the forums for Trinity related things, something that doesn't really happen with most plugins, as most plugins only focus on one small aspect of the bot. 1,170+ replies in less than 7 days, 60-70k+ views, and overspill throughout the forums...!).

    Hi Giles,

    Thanks for replying and I have taken the advice to not use bag/stash protection.

    However, regarding some points you have made:
    1) Reason why I did not post in Trinity thread is because I think this is a DB problem and not because of the plugin.
    2) I have followed exactly the instructions as stated in the threads about your plugins and that of ciggarc. All things are default except for the item filter (which is configurable in the plugin itself in tab Item Handling), kill/loot radius and bag/stash protection.


    @All
    Yesterday I have removed bag protection (but not stash protection) to see how the bot reacts. It was running for approx 3 hours without any issue. I will keep testing this issue till I can pinpoint what kind of options will and can cause DB not to loot in combination with Giles Plugin or even other plugins. In my opinion if DB is offering the option to protect you bag/stash then it should work else just remove it. Therefor I will continue testing this and update you all.

    Regards,

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •