• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • quests and dungeons together

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by mevip, Jan 27, 2016.

1. mevip

mevip Member

anyone knows how i can get honorbuddy to do quests and queue to dungeons also ? it will level much faster i think that way

2. chinajade

chinajade Well-Known Member Moderator Buddy Core Dev

3. mevip

mevip Member

well this would be AWESOME if i wouldn't get this message :D

4. chinajade

Hi, Mevip,

Sorry, not following.

The error message is telling you to switch from the 'MixedMode' bot to the 'Questing' bot, if you want to run the profile. Obviously, the profile author wants you to expliclitly know that 'MixedMode' is NOT supported. So, the message is telling you how to correct the problem, if you wish to proceed.

cheers,
      chinajade

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    5. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

Sometimes you guys are a little too cryptic in your responses, Chinajade. Plus, the general user is too lazy to read pages they get linked to.

Questing and Dungeonbuddy are NOT compatible. They never have been nor will they probably ever be. Yes, it would be nice if they were, but they aren't and don't expect it to change.

6. mymegabot

mymegabot Member

Makes sense ... however, since 99% of the quest do not fall into this category, why not just support some type of attribute on the quest node in question where it can be defined whether or not a transition to another BotBase is supported during this quest. Granted it's not "ideal", and you would need some logic in the Mixed Mode BotBase to ensure it doesn't just continue to queue over and over again after it's been determined you're currently not in a position to transition to another BotBase.

You folks are clever ... I'm sure this could be supported it some manner or another.

7. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

No, it can't be supported in the manner you're thinking simply because the quest bot would not be able to move on when it reaches one of these incompatible quests. Additionally, Dungeonbuddy was never meant to be an AFK botbase unless you're running a full team together, in which case questing wouldn't work anyways.

8. mymegabot

mymegabot Member

What do you mean by "the quest bot would not be able to move on when it reaches one of these incompatible quests"? When the quest bot begins a quest which is defined as incompatible with BotBase transition, it simply means the Quest Bot would not permit a transition to another BotBase until that quest were completed. (technically this would be handled by the Mixed Mode BotBase).

Furthermore, I know it's not ADVISED to run DungeonBuddy AFK, but I think saying it wasn't "meant" to be run AFK is a stretch. I mean hell, the DungeonBuddy UI has an override that even allows TANKING in random Dungeons. If the intention was to prevent AFK, I think it's pretty agreeable much could be done to discourage this.

9. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

If it was as simple as you think it works, don't you think they would've done that already? From my understanding, mixed mode is basically running 2 botbases at once. Even when questing is running, Dungeonbuddy is still running and watching your queue.

If you're at your computer watching your bot quest anyways, why do you need to run mixed mode? Just queue up and when your queue pops, press stop on the bot, switch to dungeonbuddy and start it up again.

Sure, much could be done to discourage AFK'ing. And the more it gets limited, the more the children will come to the forums complaining that the HB team is limiting their ability to bot.

The HB team is basically fighting a lose-lose battle. If they limit things, people complain. If they don't limit things, people get banned and blame HB because of their own stupidity. A great example of this was when they decided to turn arena usage off. People complained until it was re-enabled, then started bitching again when they were using instant interrupts to get themselves banned.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    10. mymegabot

mymegabot Member

I don't know how simple or complicated it would be ... hence the reason I joined the discussion. I think it's an interesting conversation ... and I would hate for it to be stifled with statements like "If it was easy don't you think HB would have done it already" ... I mean offer up some substance, unless you aren't interested, in which case why join the discussion. You're not providing anything insightful or new if you're just going to make arbitrary statements with implied difficulties without anything concrete.

For example, I stated that one possible scenario might involve adding another attribute to the Objective node in the quest profiles ... this attribute would specify the state of the Quest Bot, and whether or not a departure to another BotBase would cause disruption. I'm not sure exactly what the Mixed Mode bot is doing ... but it apparently has a role, as some proxy bot which is managing state between the two "running" bots. Seems reasonable that Mixed Mode could make some sort of request for transition to the primary bot (Quest), and if rejected, inform the secondary bot (DungeonBuddy) that the request for transition was denied ... of course DungeonBuddy would need an update to it's state machine (or whatever state implementation it's using) to handle the "rejection" scenario ... which might be, i.e., decline invite, and suspend any future queues for x minutes to avoid a scenario where you are constantly queuing and declining when it pops because your primary bot (Quest) is still in the middle of a quest which cannot be interrupted.

You could even make it a bit more dynamic ... and the primary bot could report it's status to the Mixed Mode Bot, which could then be polled by secondary bot (DungeonBuddy) as to whether or not it should queue ...

It's not perfect, and I'm absolutely sure it's more complicated than this ... but let's talk about it. Where are the traps I am missing ... don't put it in the trash can because HB hasn't done it yet. Think for yourself ... do you have any ideas on the subject? Are you willing to embrace your own ability to think independently, or just assume it's HARD because HB hasn't done it ... and run around discouraging others.

HB doesn't own the monopoly on "trying to please everyone" ... that exist in every business, everywhere. Furthermore, you need to think objectively about the situation. HB make a conscious decision (whether they, or you, want to admit it or not) to "support" Arena's ... just because they didn't have an ArenaBot, doesn't mean it wasn't supported. They were meshed, and well aware of Combat Routines that were being used in Arena. Then all the sudden, they are getting whacked with bans ... and in a panic, made a knee-jerk decision ... to ACTUALLY not support Arena, and prohibited the bot from functioning in those scenarios ... in the hopes (and silly hopes at that) that Blizzard would suddenly leave them alone. I mean really ...

You don't need to link me to post where HB staff have specifically stated "Arena isn't supported" for years. I know. What I'm asking you is this. Seriously? You can't see through that?

11. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

I'll simply answer you with HB's stance on the matter...

Dungeonbuddy and Questing are not supported together. They don't plan on fixing the incompatibility issue either. Could it be fixed? My guess is yes, but they aren't going to.

Of course I can see through the HB team's BS. I've been doing it for years. It pisses them off a lot of the time, too. Just because I can see through the BS, it doesn't mean anything is going to change. It's been the same way with them since day 1. Part of the problem is they aren't a customer-oriented company, and I believe a lot of that comes from 2 reasons...They are programmers at heart and they have a strangle-hold on the wow botting market. They know they'll continue to sell keys and know that the buddystore will make them even more money no matter how bad most of the profiles are on the store.

Until you see some actual, real competition it's very unlikely that anything is ever going to change with them. They have no reason to. And since wow is declining in numbers, it's not likely they'll ever see any real competition...And they fully know that.

12. chinajade

Arenas are NOT supported--never have been, never will be

Honorbuddy does NOT support Arenas! The position is imminently clear here:

Your weasel wording and 'logic' flies in the face of stated policy and intent. Honorbuddy does not actively stop meteor strikes or global warming, either. That does not mean we 'support' them.

Stop with the lies and wishful thinking! We do NOT understand why you (and some others) are incapable of understanding and acknowledging the clearly stated position. Just to be CRYSTAL clear:
      [size=+1]Honorbuddy does NOT support Arenas.
      NEVER HAS, and NEVER WILL!
      [/size]​

The edict is from Bossland, himself. This is not something we will 'discuss' or argue with you about—as there is nothing to argue about... it is NOT SUPPORTED.

If you are incapable of acknowledging the CLEARLY worded policy and position, at least do NOT spread lies to the contrary! Consider this your final warning. Further 'discussions' of whether or not Arena is 'supported' will be considered trolling, and treated accordingly.

cheers,
      chinajade

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    13. mymegabot

mymegabot Member

Understood.

14. beastlybot

beastlybot New Member

+1 rep

15. mevip

mevip Member

why so many angry responses ? lol ... i mean lately i`ve been watching the forums and all i see is people insulting each other.