• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Exilebuddy Roadmap Thread #1

Discussion in 'Archives' started by pushedx, Apr 20, 2016.

1. pushedx

pushedx Moderator Moderator Buddy Core Dev

The 2.2.2b patch was released earlier tonight, and Exilebuddy is undergoing its normal updates. As part of our next release for this patch, the first set of our major project changes will be put into place. The purpose of these changes is to help adjust the development direction of Exilebuddy so it hopefully remains profitable in the future, while still providing a better value than it has in the past. There's a lot of things we need to do with the Exilebuddy project to bring it in line with the other larger projects we have.

The tentative patch notes for the next release are as follows:
      You need to register and have one post to see spoilers! A number of major breaking changes are included in this update, which we are sorry to have to do to users so soon after the last set of breaking updates post-expansion, but we feel it's necessary to move Exilebuddy forward.

OldGrindBot

The biggest change, is that OldGrindBot is now included as source with Exilebuddy, and will be loaded via the new 3rdparty content system. This means users will finally be able to see and work with the actual bot implementation we've been using for a while now. We must warn prospective devs though, the code was written in 2014 and has been band-aided and patched over the years, as I've talked about in many posts before, so there's a lot that could be done better and probably a lot of issues people will see and point out to use to fix.

However, the purpose of this change isn't to switch the development of OldGrindBot to a community based one, as we don't have the resources or time to support that for now, but rather help spark interest in more community development for Exilebuddy by providing something that has been known to be working for a while now (with bugs here and there, but that's the nature of this stuff) that clearly shows the extensiveness of the API design we're using. A lot of community developers have been making great progress with our API, and we hope this code can help them take their stuff to the next level.

Localization

The core EB API is undergoing updates to support non-English languages in the official client. At this time, we cannot support other PoE versions, but we need to position ourselves for the possibility in the future by making the changes now, and coding our new bot implementations with support for it.

To help this out, additional game files have been exposed though the API. We'll cover this with devs more in the near future as we do updates to OldGrindBot to make use of them, but we want to let users know these things are taking place to help support it. For now, the Scripts folder contains the new scripts users can run to dump BaseItemTypes and ClientStrings for reference.

New Stuff

OldGrindBot will be replaced with something more modern and better in the near future. ExVault and myself will be working towards updating a lot of the outdated aspects of Exilebuddy, and bringing our out-of-the-box offerings up several levels of quality. To do this, we'll be working on redesigning new bot implementations for questing, mapping, then the actual grinding aspect (either though the quest bot or a standalone implementation, we're still talking about it). Design is vital in this, as coding simple things that work is easy, but we want something that will offer users the features they need, while still being manageable and not require a lot of regular maintenance from us. We'll cover more progress on this in the near future as part of another roadmap thread!

Closing

We want to thank all our users who have been with us during these crazy times. Your support and enthusiasm has given Exilebuddy another chance, so we really hope to make the most out of it. It will take some time though, but we are committed to working our hardest to finding a way for things to work out.

2. ExVault

ExVault Moderator Moderator Buddy Core Dev

From today, I will be working on a questing bot. Expect it to be an integral part of Exilebuddy soon.

WhereIsMyMind and BigBudda87 like this.
    3. eng1ish

eng1ish New Member

awesome news, looking forward to it :)

4. Norulz

Norulz New Member

Big good luck guys !

5. Fujiyama

Fujiyama Member

Great news! Good luck :)

6. CanPayUpTo30Dolars

CanPayUpTo30Dolars Member

EB patched right now but cant detect Maprunner and FlaskHelper plugins... before patch everything was right!
      Please give me some advice !
      Thanks in advance.

7. toNyx

toNyx Well-Known Member

Wait for the authors to fix their shit ! :D

8. pushedx

pushedx Moderator Moderator Buddy Core Dev

A lot of plugins will need new updates. We'll be working with authors as needed to help them adjust to the changes.

These breaking changes needed to be done 'now' so ExVault and myself can get started on new things without having to maintain two different versions of EB (across release/beta) and our internal code structure can support having ExVault helping out now.

9. DontBeAfraid

DontBeAfraid Active Member

oh my god :eek:

10. popcornandpepsi

popcornandpepsi New Member

Questing from ExVault is a good news.
      I'll buy when that's ready :)

11. darlack

darlack Member

after all ready and plugins we love will work => i start buy keys
      after you speed up or let us to speed up ID,SELL,STASH i will buy lot keys >30
      thanks

12. awpviki

awpviki Member

Well,i wasted 37,5$ for other bots when closed EB and today bought again 5 Eb keys.

please warn us and dont let to lose much more money.

Pusedx and Exvault will be great and Eb live forever i hope!

thanks,

13. hegs

hegs New Member

Myself included.

14. Kaffee

Kaffee Member

One of the best posts I've read.

15. tnthemaster

tnthemaster Member

Man this week has been great for me this is the icing on the cake.

16. widds

widds Member

Probably not a popular opinion (due to increased cost for end-user) but I'd seriously contemplate the idea of setting up a paid store like Honorbuddy has.

Take QuestBot for example, if implemented well and works just the same it would completely automate leveling of new accounts. Accounts are free. I could literally spend 10 seconds signing up for a new account, set it and forget it, and be farming (to make money) in a matter of a day or two. That functionality was like a $50 plugin at one point in Honorbuddy and sold well. It would pay for itself multiple times over.

Then look at it from the point of view of developers. The more development from third-party developers the more content there is for the bot and the more subscribers you have paying a monthly fee. Imagine the increase in plugins available if they could charge a few bucks for an expanded Lootfilter or Gem/Passive leveling plugin. It offloads "core" improvements users want to free up development time to the core of the bot and provides a better experience. I know I've spent hundreds of dollars on the Honorbuddy store over the years just myself. It doesn't take more than a split second decision to drop $5 on a profile that farms something that I don't want to do by hand.

17. Tormiasz

Tormiasz Community Developer

Your argument is invalid tho.
      Bossland hired ExVault to do the plugins for you and you don't have to pay for them :) The questbot will come, according to what ExVault said, propably this week.

18. gandalf11

gandalf11 Member

this week, wow thats fast, guess i start booting early then i expected

19. plzrepeat

plzrepeat Member

I had weird bug today, it said read or write memory error and then the bot kept running around opening chests and barrels killing absolutely no mobs.
      and I couldn't see OldRoutine in the settings tab.

20. hegs

hegs New Member

Hype, hopefully soon dood!