Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Buddy
    Reputation
    Join Date
    21.11.2012
    Posts
    39

    Default Witch Doctor - optimal HC Build? Thoughts and opinions appreciated!

    Hey Guys!

    The topic says it all. Have seen some ridiculous WDs running on hardcore. Was wondering if anyone could give me some tips? Maybe setups for DB/Trinity ?

    I had this in mind:

    Acid Cloud - Acid Rain
    Spirit Barrage - Manitou
    Zombie Dogs - Leeching Beasts
    Spirit Walk - Jaunt
    Soul Harvest - Vengeful Spirit
    Gargantuan - Humongoid

    Passives:
    Grave Injustice
    Pierce the veil
    Gruesome Feast

    Im running exping scripts now, and WD seems to work fine on HC. Some things i would like to tweek, eg increase the distance that he keeps while fighting mobs to be on the safe side...
    Any thougts on how to do this?

    And secondly the build:
    What to modify?

    I know there are some great WD's on hc Share ur thoughts!

  2. #2
    Buddy
    Reputation
    Join Date
    21.11.2012
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Wow! Such an immense set of replies!

  3. #3
    Buddy
    Reputation
    Join Date
    16.06.2012
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Stats?

  4. #4
    Buddy
    Reputation
    Join Date
    21.11.2012
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Even better...

  5. #5
    Banned
    Reputation
    Join Date
    22.08.2012
    Posts
    711

    Default

    Just wait a very long time to to continue to the next act. If you ever go AFK DB could crash and burn then your WD HC is no more, I wouldn't be to concerned. I used a combination of noxxic for stat priority, vicious cattle for BiS (ideas for AH), and most popular builds/items for my barbarian. It was confusing as hell at first, but then you figure out that one stat that makes the difference is what makes my echoing fury go from 500k to 50m. You're not going to have the gear to get optimum XP/hour so you'll have to swap gear for patience IMO and nothing splains it better than this pic... as seen below.

    slow-ride.jpg

  6. #6
    Buddy
    Reputation
    Join Date
    10.06.2011
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matrixen4 View Post
    Hey Guys!

    The topic says it all. Have seen some ridiculous WDs running on hardcore. Was wondering if anyone could give me some tips? Maybe setups for DB/Trinity ?

    I had this in mind:

    Acid Cloud - Acid Rain
    Spirit Barrage - Manitou
    Zombie Dogs - Leeching Beasts
    Spirit Walk - Jaunt
    Soul Harvest - Vengeful Spirit
    Gargantuan - Humongoid

    Passives:
    Grave Injustice
    Pierce the veil
    Gruesome Feast

    Im running exping scripts now, and WD seems to work fine on HC. Some things i would like to tweek, eg increase the distance that he keeps while fighting mobs to be on the safe side...
    Any thougts on how to do this?

    And secondly the build:
    What to modify?

    I know there are some great WD's on hc Share ur thoughts!
    Your build is all wrong. You will die in HC.

    The only way to survive on HC is to go for 0-cooldown-dogs-build: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=65710243&f=142&o=0

  7. #7
    Buddy
    Reputation
    Join Date
    11.06.2012
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mephuser1000 View Post
    Your build is all wrong. You will die in HC.

    The only way to survive on HC is to go for 0-cooldown-dogs-build: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=65710243&f=142&o=0
    A 0-Dog with HC gear...... Zero dog is some of the most expensive gear in the game on Softcore and you want to buy it in Hardcore.


    Need to edit Trinity's WitchDoctor.cs but something like this

    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...YXd!aXe!baabYc

    I would also have it kite than TP to town anytime the Spirit Vessel buff is active. Meaning it saved you from death.

  8. #8
    Buddy
    Reputation
    Join Date
    21.11.2012
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Hmm very interesting. Shall look into it. Modifiying trinitys file hmm Sounds advanced. Wonder if I can do that! ^^

  9. #9
    Buddy
    Reputation
    Join Date
    21.11.2012
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardettos View Post
    A 0-Dog with HC gear...... Zero dog is some of the most expensive gear in the game on Softcore and you want to buy it in Hardcore.


    Need to edit Trinity's WitchDoctor.cs but something like this

    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...YXd!aXe!baabYc

    I would also have it kite than TP to town anytime the Spirit Vessel buff is active. Meaning it saved you from death.
    This is the scary part. Was looking into the root a little more, and found a file called avoidaceradiussetting: This sounds interesting, but unfortunately it looks like black magic to me:
    How do i make it: Oh look theres arcane enchanted, i should GTFO?

    Gonna read and devour forums to answer this q, but if anyone feels obliged to help me in this matter is well appreciated!

  10. #10
    Buddy
    Reputation
    Join Date
    23.11.2012
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Wtf no spirit vessel?

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •