Demonbuddy for Season 16 released, updates.buddyauth.com !
  • Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Demonbuddy

¿Can DemonBuddy load compiled assemblies?

Discussion in 'Demonbuddy Support' started by Elektrozoider, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Elektrozoider

Elektrozoider Member

Hi. Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but it is a very simple question:

¿Can DemonBuddy load compiled assemblies in C# or VB.NET through Reflection, or it only can manage to load C# source-code files and compile them at runtime?.

The thing is that, as my main programming language is VB.NET, and since DemonBuddy can't load/compile VB.NET source-code files, then I would like to use a compiled assembly (written in VB.NET) as plugin.
    ¿Can I do this?, ¿and where I should put my assembly file?. I tried to put my assembly inside the "Plugins" dir, like: "...\Plugins\MyPluginName\MyAssembly.dll" but it didn't load. If I convert the source-code files to C#, and then I put those source-code files in that directory, it loads properly.

Thanks for read.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  2. Elektrozoider

Elektrozoider Member

I seen that inside the roslyn folder there is the vbc.exe compiler for VB.NET source-code files, however I think this is unused by DemonBuddy because I put a "emptiness" 'Plugin.vb' file just with the IPlugin interface implemented to see whether or not DemonBuddy compile it at runtime, and I don't see my VB.NET plugin in DemonBuddy...

Please @Tony can you clear my doubts about if DemonBuddy plugin infrastructure supports VB.NET source-code files and/or compiled .NET assemblies?.

3. Elektrozoider

Elektrozoider Member

I really expect to get an answer to this simple question. Thanks in advance...