• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • 5 man dungeon gold farming runs! Whats your most effective gph?

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by Astraithious, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Astraithious

Astraithious Member

If you don't know how to configure the bot then don't quickly assume the numbers are exaggerated. It's really quite easy. I have 2 5 man teams that netted me 60k yesterday in about 6 hours but I'm making them gather for me now to since I would like them to survive a while. I don't use anything while farming dungeons they just run maybe 6 to 8 minutes per dungeon depending on what one

2. nordrassil

nordrassil Member

5 man group, 1 blood dk, 3 bm hunters, 1 resto/balance druid.

Gold per hour: Dk 750, hunter 1: 750, hunter 2:750, hunter 3: 750, druid:1750 <----- looting and purely vendoring.

I've gotten these measurements using the addon !statter over a 6 day period, 10-12 hours each day, so they are accurate. This comes to 4750 gph in total, or 950 gph on average per character, from just vendoring and completing the dungeons.

Gear: 550 pvp gear with heirloom weapons from garrosh heroic, though I havent really noticed much of a difference from the 550 pvp weapons tbh.

Just cause you fail with your setup doesn't mean others are lying.

3. Kau00

Kau00 New Member

What settings are you changing from the default that make such a huge difference?
      I'm running a 5 man team (prot paladin, disc priest, frost mage, mm hunter, ele shaman) and I'm only seeing 4-500gph on each toon with them all looting and vendor everything.
      I did let them farm frogs the other day and get full sets of 496 gear as well as the 50k coin trinket, and they got enough tokens to 4/4 all of their gear.
      So they are all like 510-515 now up from being in heroic blues, so like a 40ilvl increase and I'm still seeing around 500gph. Its disappointing, i was hoping for closer to ~1000gph.
      The only thing the gear changed was that they rarely wipe anymore.

4. mnime

mnime New Member

Safe as fuck? then you don't know about the bot hunters, some pvp geared ppl are just standing in front of some of the famous dungeons and just attack you, if you act weird then they will report you, if you attack them as most of the routines do, you'll be dead :) so bottom line you either get banned or camped and never be able to go in the dungeon cause let's face it, bots are too slow to react to ganks.

5. Angelus

Angelus Member

ITT: someone who completely misunderstood what is going on :rolleyes:

6. mnime

mnime New Member

And someone who always tries to find a topic and act like a jerk and post useless posts. Kudos.
      As the title says, it's about the most effective way to farm 5 man dungeons, I'm suggesting that it is not a good idea and it is not safe as the other guys said.
      What's your contribution smart ass? Over 500 posts of useless crap?

7. Angelus

Angelus Member

Yeah mister smartass and like I said, you completely missed the point this was going about random heroic dungeons.

Good job of making yourself look stoopid :D

8. Astraithious

Astraithious Member

This is an awful set up , what do you expect with casters? The mobs die too fast or they should for casters to be effective at all. You'll always see low gph with them whereas I have a team of hunters with prot warrior, then I have a melee zerg with prot warrior, both clearing 1000gph easy

9. nordrassil

nordrassil Member

Lol? you seem confused about what we're actually doing -_- Read through the thread again kiddo

10. nordrassil

nordrassil Member

ehm, we all run in 550 ilvl gear, so......
      And that's a horrible setup, use your brain a litte...

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    11. mnime

mnime New Member

And my point was that it is not safe, and yet you keep thinking you're the smart one. I don't want to change the subject cause apparently you haven't tried this way, there were times that one of the toons stood outside maybe because died earlier and tried to run in and get stuck. That's why ppl get banned this way, there's no other way anyone could report you for this. End of conversation for me.

12. nordrassil

nordrassil Member

Yeh you should end the conversation since you dont have a clue what we're actually doing. You're talking about dungeon farming old instances solo, we're talking about queuing up as a 5 man party and farming mop random heroics. Get your head out of your ass son, you're clueless.

13. mnime

mnime New Member

Nope I was talking about 5 man random too, but ppl are mean here. Keep going.

14. nordrassil

nordrassil Member

no you obviously weren't. if you died in a 5 man you'd end up as a ghost, having to run into instance to spawn, no chance of being ganked. Seondly, there's no way you can die farming random heroics, been running with 4 dpsers and a blood dk tanking, never have i seen the tank below 80% hp (except after falling damage, but cant die from that).
      Sit down son, you messed up.

15. Kau00

Kau00 New Member

My feelings, they hurt :(

I went with that comp because i was trying to keep them from competing for gear on the leveling process but i realized too late that that was a stupid reason to pick a non optimal comp.
      So right now I'm just trying to figure out as much as i can so that i round two of characters goes a lot better. That's why i was asking about settings. Like is there an actual way to tweak the settings on DB to run heroics faster or is it really just the comp that's going to pull in that much GPH? From what i see a paladin tank priest healer and three hunters looks to be the ideal comp? Or five blood Dks?

I was thinking about getting them all pvp gear before i had them farm timeless shit but after having them all end up bugged out in separate BGs either trying to drown themselves under a dock or running into a gate i decided farming frogs
      was going to be safer. I have botted battlegrounds in the past without any issues so i think that maybe its just buggy right now after the patch?

16. razer

razer New Member

This thread really turned to shit just like HB forums but wow guys.....

17. happyfriet

happyfriet Active Member

It's a curse, when above 3 pages - people get the urge to kill eachother via the internet.

18. Astraithious

Astraithious Member

Very amusing 1 and a half pages or so. If you're sub 550 ilvl running casters don't expect good numbers seems to sum everything up

19. Macatho

Macatho New Member

Retri paladins out-DPS hunters when running singular.
      EDIT: Forgot to add that this is Overall DPS, so like running 5man for 4 hours and then checking total damage. retri's are higher than Hunters. I dont have any fury-warriors but I'd assume that they would perform well too.

20. Macatho

Macatho New Member

If you dont wanna spend a bunch of time gearing your characters you can expect around 500-600 GPH.

Sure if you get all characters with mythic gear and optimize the dungeonscripts to ignore boss mechanics because you outgear everything, sure you can probably push 1000-1200 GPH.

Also get some royal satchels etc...

For those of us that bot because we dont wanna spend 20 hours per characters gearing, 496ilvl-500ilvl will get you around 500-600GPH.

And my tip is to skip these classes as they suck:
      Shaman (all specs)
      Mages (all specs)
      Shadowpriest
      Boomkin

If you're thinking, well fuck it would be nice with heroism/bloodlust. Its not worth it, the class is shit and will drag the team down more than the occasional heroism/bloodlust.

And to those saying its super safe.
      It is not, I've gotten maybe 75-100 bots banned that were running 5-man dungeon teams.