• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • 5 Tips on How to avoid losing big on ban waves.

Discussion in 'Discussions (no Ban Reports here)' started by WTB A Noob, Oct 13, 2017.

1. WTB A Noob

WTB A Noob Member

Hey guys, i have been botting since wow glider days and would like to share a bit of what I have learned over the years. So here are 5 tips to help you guys.

Now before the tips I feel I should explain the mindset behind this; the team at honorbuddy does what they can to prevent/avoid ban waves but often times I see people who risk a single account that holds a lot of gold or even their main characters/accounts.

The HB team does great work but you are ultimately responsible for what account get's banned. This bot doesn't come with a guarantee because that is unreasonable considering the subject. So use these tips/mindset to give yourself some insurance for the future.

Tip 1: ALWAYS bot on a spare account(s) under a different email/B-Net. You should fully know one day this account will get banned and that's ok, that's it's job, to get the dirty work done for you.

Tip 2: have multiple, privately owned guild banks spread through servers/accounts that you can store gold in; if 1 account gets banned hopefully you have another accounts character in that guild to prevent losing the gold and so you still have access to it.

Tip 3: after huge updates for WOW/HB always first use/test accounts you don't mind losing for the first week/month.
      but in reality ANY account you bot on should be deemed expendable. if you lose your beloved account only YOU pay the price for using accounts you care about and it's entirely your fault for being reckless.

Tip 4: Have multiple accounts. I have only about a dozen accounts spread through about 5 different battle-nets, I never have all of these accounts going at once. I have sleeper accounts who I get to the max level and get about a million gold on them and then allow that account AND it's guild bank go to 'sleep' until I may need it again in the future. this helps you recover from any losses you may suffer from a ban wave.

Tip 5: ALWAYS have a wow time token sitting on every single account. I have never lost a wow token from a ban and it was always sitting there to reactivate the account when it was unbanned. this should be priority number 1 when botting a new account is to grab the token first then anything else later. don't get stuck paying $$$ outof pocket to re activate it later.

I hope this help anyone in the future, and remember guys. ban waves will ALWAYS happen so in reality you need to be prepared for it. the HB team does a great job but they aren't invincible, so the rest of the responsibility is on YOU!

2. Qtmeganr

Qtmeganr Member

Actually you only need one tip to avoid a banwave...don’t bot. Lol.

3. WTB A Noob

WTB A Noob Member

Maybe if this was "how to avoid a ban" but that's fantasy land ;) this is about minimizing losses.

4. IronOkie

IronOkie New Member

Good post, the only issue with the modern state of WoW is that all the redundancies and fail-safes take time to build up, and if you don't already have them in place you are pretty much up a creek as right now nothing is safe, and it's not likely you will get far enough to establish any fail safes to protect you.

5. Shylari

Shylari Member

So 'don't bot on accounts you want to keep'?

6. WTB A Noob

WTB A Noob Member

The point is minimizing losses, you will have losses regardless. Just like business you have to protect yourself when and where you an. but every investment is a risk regardless.

7. Smashin

Smashin Member

I found that blizz really only throws out wave in the 3,6,9 month span. What I do is bot for a solid 2.5 months the transfer off my mains that I botted on to another non botted account. Then let it sleep for a month to see if there is a wave then I go back and play them for another month to two and send them packing again. It does get costly but if you are a casual player like me you want your mains progressed with all the questing shit so a few hundred a year isn't going to break me. You could also farm gold and use that to pay for your transfers.