• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • A base repair option question

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by pieboy, Jul 31, 2016.

1. pieboy

pieboy Member

Im a bit confused on why a basic repair function isnt part of the base bot, or some option for it as opposed to needing to pay for a premium repair plugin. I realize that content creators need compensation for their work and Im glad to do so, but aren't we already paying for the bot program itself month by month? I would think that something as needed as keeping gear repaired while running the bot would be at least implemented into the program over time but years later and its gone from a couple working free plugins to really only 1 option that went to another site that needs purchased there. Nobody seems to be asking about it and if it is its always the user being directed to "google it". Im not trying to get anyone pissed off or anything im just genuinely curious as to why its like this.

2. RahlRB

RahlRB New Member

Well, let me first suggest to you that you pick up a lifetime key. Paying month to month just isn't worth it as soon as you've payed for 3 months worth of time...

As to why there isn't anything built in for repairing....the honest answer is that Mastahg doesn't see it as a priority to do. I've been using this bot since it was still in beta and I can say that I still don't understand why Mastahg decides to work on some things and not others. Heavensward was released in June of 2015...and yet we still do not have support for Flying built into RB itself. Even ground mesh issues within Heavensward have taken up to 8 months to get fixed.

I know it can seem harsh that you have to pay for RB itself, and then have to pay again to get anything truly useful (here's looking at YOU Lisbeth!!)...but this bot has depended on community developer content from the very beginning. What you get right out of the gate with RB really isn't all that useful(here's looking at YOU Kupo). The main difference now is that since Mastahg and Bossland decided not to allow a RB Store, the community developers had to create their own.

y2krazy likes this.
    3. tishat

tishat Member

That said.. With what's available for free you can do pretty much everything