• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • A Botter's Nightmare is...

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by zonpan, Nov 5, 2012.

1. zonpan

zonpan Banned

A stupid botter.
      It's the worst thing that can happen to a good botter. They have absolutely no idea how World of Warcraft economy works and think anything they sell is profit no matter what. The price of Ghost Iron Ore has dropped in my server to -25g/stack in the auction house due to people that can't take the time to manage their stuff properly. Even though I've tried to expand my market with professions the profit margin keeps dropping every day. Cataclysm was fine, the prices dropped but they were appropiate. 25g/stack is just dumb now, so many people prospecting and selling gems that it's really hard to make money off that too, gem prices are super low and AH fees eliminate your profit.

Anyway, I have 6 licenses of honorbuddy and 6 WoW accounts, at this rate I'm going to have to switch servers and start farming somewhere else.

Now tell me, what is your worst nightmare as a farm-botter?

2. CoyDK

CoyDK Banned

Selling fish workes pritty well for me. I only run one account but I make more by selling fish than I do selling ore or herbs

3. Reignwolf

Reignwolf New Member

Your post makes me giggle. You sound like Mafia trying to monopolize the price of things and forget that botters are there for easy gold and mostly no hard work, so why should all cheaters be worried about deflation and regulating the prices?! If one cutouts, the others will follow cascade style, simple like that.

4. xXxExpertxXx

xXxExpertxXx New Member

Grind Bot. 10 hours = 10 k well for ME atleast when i did it back in cata. On my other acc I dont grind bot anymore. cant risk getting banned. have it set so it uses 5 different grind spots. Every few hours it moves to a new spot! and It disconnects for an hour then reconnects at lunch time! making it look like i left for lunch! :)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
    5. zonpan

zonpan Banned

Not a mafia per se, but I see it as an enterprise. I buy machines (bots) that will automate the job, since I can't afford workers. And I would like to sell the products I get at the best possible price. I mean, it is possible for all the botters to make an even bigger profit by just holding on to the ore and not posting it on the AH, selling it in trade. The auction house just gives both botters and buyers how much the ore is worth because of the overstock. I have personal clients that ask me to mail them the ore, but my earnings would be much higher if it wasn't for the other dumbasses.

Also, the reason for my worry is that I sell gold, that is how I pay for my stuff while im in college and this is my first test-business which I'm trying to learn from.

6. knaw

knaw New Member

A lot of people don't understand how good of a business this really is.
      If you have the machine power and start up funds to buy a few accounts and HB instances, you can actually eat and pay rent off of this game...
      I've made 2k since the start of MOP due to everyone trying to powerlevel professions and needing crafted gear so badly.

I really just wish other botters would learn patience and stop posting up 200+ stacks of ore the first thing in the morning when they wake up and discover their loot from the night before...
      Then again, if you have the gold, buy up their 25g stacks and wait til tues/thurs for raid night and the prices always jump up to 60g+...

7. Giwin

Giwin Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

A lot of people don't care and it's not just botters that post at stupid prices for a quick sale ;)

8. zonpan

zonpan Banned

I totally agree with the first part of your post, it's quick and easy money of done right, and there's nothing wrong with smart botters trying to make the most out of what they bot.
      Anyway, I tried that a few days ago, lost about 10k gold because the price dropped instantly the next day.

9. LowKey

LowKey New Member

it's entirely possible it's someone new to botting that doesn't have AHbot set up properly so it's going for stupid low prices

that said, anyone that undercuts by huge amounts for no particular reason is a huge pain in the ass. economy white knights that get every recipe or cut or glyph and then post them constantly for no profit are just idiots. Yeah, you could be making 200g profit per gem/enchant/glyph, but you're not because something something profit is bad. Great, thanks, way to ruin it for everyone else.

10. berndsenzwei

berndsenzwei New Member

I don't mind people selling their stuff for unreasonably low prices it will be bought fast and it's gone. What i can't stand is ah botters who undercut you for 1copper minutes after you posted your stuff. I haven't sold a single gem in a week because some asshole is always 1copper cheaper then me.

11. heavygun

heavygun Member

Well, alot of Chineses Stomped my Server some Days ago, they came along with Fly + Speedhack Ninjaing all my Nodes, then posting it for about 20% less, now the Price for a Ghostiron Ore Stack went from 65-75 to 30.

Thanks Chineses.

12. zonpan

zonpan Banned

They are using hacked accounts so they don't really care about getting banned. What bothers me are the ones that duplicate mounts and cool stuff to sell it super cheap.