• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • A combined effort to dispell the myths...

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Synik, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Synik

Synik Active Member

Unfortunately there is an ever growing common occurrence happening and that is people claiming they are pulling in 15k a night with a single farming bot. By all means with multiple farmers I would begin to believe it but a single farmer it is just idiotic.

I feel it would be helpful for long term users to dispel these myths publicly otherwise the Buddy community will quickly fall under the spotlight of Blizzard. Doing this will also make all the new botters aware so they will not come to the chat room complaining that they farmed all night and haven't made 15k.

2. cookiepooh

cookiepooh New Member

When i used to bot a year ago or so, i used to rake in 2.5k over a 24hour period using Glider aslong as i emptied my bags 3 times a day. It's not the best but it wasnt the worst amount at the time either (considering i was jsut mote farming). Not too sure how money is like now once at 80 but if i can get 5k a day per bot id be more than happy.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
    3. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

umm... boss says you can make 2k/8 hours = 6k.

now some of us veterans can get more bang out of our buck since we have crafters, friends, raids, NAMES, etc.

who would you rather buy from?

FriendlyRaider selling Sar ore @15g/stack

or

ChingChongRice selling Sar ore @ 15g/stack

4. Synik

Synik Active Member

Yup the 8k over a 24hour period sounds more reasonable.
      We just need to dispel the myth of "I left my bot on 8hours and got 15k lolz".

5. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

now i can run 4 bots and get 20k a day, thats ez :) but you gotta have a lot of friends, or a lot of time (another acct) to sell/craft it all... like me =)

now on my 2nd server where i wont have any crafters -- im just going to sell the herbs on ah, rest vendor. same w/ ore (bars) -- whats ez is just getting a DK (L55) on main acct on that server, get it to 65, farm mining up to ~400'ish so i can smelt sar ore... and just it smelt a lot :p

6. Imortel

Imortel New Member

15000 gold per account per day is outrageous....even 8K per day is way too much.

Even if you do manage to farm 24/7 and supply a shitload of mats to crafters and what not, the demand will drop like a rock quite fast due to oversupply.
      We all want to make 10s of thousands of golds per day or per hour....this is impossible or if we do that we cross a dangerous threshold and we can get our asses banned rather quickly.

Better safe then sorry or with noone to buy my 10 guild banks full of stuff.

7. Mess1337

Mess1337 Active Member

I roughly 3.5-4.5 k gold in a 6 hour period. From 7 AM to 1 PM. I can farm so much since there is noone else farming.

8. Imortel

Imortel New Member

I assume its with 1 bot and a crapload of micromanagement? :)

I'll be running 6 farmers starting tomorrow and between work, working out and wow...I won't be able to micromanage that much stuff.
      I'll be happy if I make 2k per bot per day :) it will be more then enough for me.

9. dudubiton

dudubiton New Member

2k over 8h period with miner+engineer, selling straight.
      3-4k over 8h with miner+herbalist, converting frost lotus to flasks with elixir master and selling some inscription made glyphs (20%-40% of low cost grass).

10. Mess1337

Mess1337 Active Member

Nope :D Just selling to private buyers. Goes quick and I sell raw materials.

11. MrBig

MrBig Member

15k a day is a ton lot, unless your markets are very high you will get no where near this.

But 7k-10k a day is can be done, but it all depends on your market and your ability to sell stuff. If you go all out and undercut everyone on AH you will get no where near this, much less the next day, and the next, always downhill.

Key is private buyers, make sure you have a lot of mats when market itself is higher, then, make sure you sell like 75-90% of the normal price, so your buyer gets happy, you just do a PRICEOFITEM*0.75 or whatever discount you want, and sell for that.

If your AH is crashing, dont expect to get values higher than this, one option is to control the AH by buying everything and posting at 200% the price, then having your private buyer check the prices... you then sell him at 95% of the normal price, makes him very happy that you still kept your cool while prices were to the roof, and you get more bang for your buck (or more buck for your bang haha).

12. Tag

Tag New Member

15k/24 hours?

It can easily be done if you're completely self-sufficient and/or have a large amount of private buyers.

If you're able to C.O.D your farmed goods combined with using Jewelcrafters, Alchemists, Inscriptionists etc, you can seriously rake in the gold. The crafting and prospecting takes ~30 minutes/night also, so it's not time consuming in any way. People rarely take the dependence of the server on gold/hour. There can be some vast variations.

This is a serious exaggeration and has become the expectation of new users, it definitely needs to be corrected.

The amount of gold anyone is making is likely less that it was a month ago with the recent changes gearing up for Cataclysm. Though, the prices should go up briefly for the new Obsidian Sanctum raid (depending on whether or not it's widely puggable), then drop again as people have no interest in spending large quantities of gold on soon-to-be outdated items.

13. donnamonna

donnamonna Member

5-8K is the best I've ever done with one account in a day. Usually closer to 5k.

14. exfelon

exfelon Active Member

2 bots mining herbing ~8 hours, after prospecting, usually nets me on average 8-9k a night. more if i try harder, less if i just vendor a bunch of it.