• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [A] Garrison Chores: Mine and some others

Discussion in 'Farming' started by Prostak, Dec 3, 2014.

1. surfman

surfman Member

Prostak,

This below -

Otherwise excellent profile buddy well done.

2. Prostak

Prostak Member

1. I was thinking of improving Herbalizm, but nobody asked :)
      2. There are some Cache cleaning problems right now, I am looking into them. BTW are you using the version that places Herb and Mine orders faster?
      3. Problem with Level 2 mines is because Level 2 is now meshed :) This is in immediate plans - should speed up things greatly, but so far has broken old code. I am also slowly fixing nodes with updates.
      4. In the work now is fixing order placement, that is the biggest time eating hole so far. After that we'll see what we can do.

3. luvobama

luvobama Member Legendary

Thanks for all your work there! Great stuff.

4. Tyrr

Tyrr New Member

Awesome, and yes, I am using the newest version I found on the front of this page. Not sure if you can, might want to use svn update for it for when you do upgrade as well... makes it easier to update, that is for sure =)

Glad to hear that you should get that resolved here... I have run it a few more times, it does seem to happen mostly near the main rock to the right before you go down the level 2 branch, to the tunnel near the pool, also located near the main entrance area that this happens. I have gotten it to accept pause now and then and then it runs back. Hope you are able to get this locked, it's working awesome otherwise! =)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
    5. Prostak

Prostak Member

Main changes today in v 1.11 are:
      - Mine level 2 uses mesh now: 4 lines of code instead of 400, works great in tests, moves straight from a node to a node, does not repeat paths. Can't remove those 400 lines of code though: level 3 mine is still un-meshed;
      - order placement improved on 2 small level 2 slots (level 3 small slot untouched yet);
      - herb garden processing changed as Tyrr sugested: skipped until 96, placed both before and after. This could have take more polishing, but not today.

What bothers me is Herb orders reportedly not working. I have not seen this in my own tests. Do you have logs?

6. Tyrr

Tyrr New Member

No, I don't seem to have the logs for that, and they did start working last night, might have been because of my two lower level toons, the rest appear to have started working this morning. Will update to the newest and try it as well! Can't wait! Thanks again!!!!

Update: I ran it, works smooth! However, is the garrison itself meshed? I notice that while the mining is very smooth, and I do mean very smooth, the outside garrison still has the waypoints like the mines did? And while the herbal does go back to the guy on the second try, it doesn't actually work. It opens it for a split second, then runs back up to the path and continues on. Hmm... just tried it on a new toon, and it worked smooth, both before and after... very interesting! Also, mounting seems to no longer work with this version in the garrison, it runs you manually. And now, after two toons, it mounts again... so far... maybe HB just needed to wake up... thanks again!

So far, that's all I have seen different from the rest that is smooth! Thanks again!

7. Prostak

Prostak Member

I do not think so. I mean: HB thinks it is meshed, but the mesh is sometimes way off (mostly a building on a path), so far we can't rely on that, some path forcing is necessary. But as we see - things change here.

That's how it's supposed to be in the meshed area. Just 4 lines of code take care of the whole mine. I hope Mine-3 will follow and HB will be able to handle 2 meshes of the same instanced place. Making paths was fun, but having a mesh is much more convinient.

Flashing most probably means it can't place the order: already full or no components. Problems are expected when an order dialog fails to open - happens even with manual placement. If this starts to bother - some fix can be added.

Yes, I have this same problem. Probably, since the mine-2 is now off CTM back to normal movement HB tries to mount there and when failed - blacklisted the mount. Just a guess. Will add force-mount and we'll see. Thank you for trying!

8. Prostak

Prostak Member

Corrected in 1.12. Problem was: now meshed Mine 2 was switching off Mounting for some timeout.

9. Parametic

Parametic New Member

does this run profession buddy?

10. Prostak

Prostak Member

This is a Questing profile. Select Questing from the bot list, then load this as a profile.

11. KissMe4711

KissMe4711 New Member

Dont´ work for me, after version 1.11 the mine is waiting over and over to reach the position, HB writes TtB: 19 ... until 0 then next position, wait, and so on...

Vers. 1.10 works good

12. Prostak

Prostak Member

1. What garrison level and mine level do you have?
      2. Could you please attach the log.

I had a problem with combination of Garrison-3 with Mine-2, which is actually unmeshed but was considered meshed by the profile. But this is supposed to be corrected in 1.12.

Upd. I've checked (Garr2,Mine2) (Garr3,Mine2) and (Garr3,Mine3) combinations with 1.12 profile. Seem Ok. Another possibility is: old (pre-mesh) caching is interfering with new mine-2 mesh. I was forced to make a fresh HB install some time after mine-2 was meshed, so I have only a clean meshes. Yoy may want to try that too.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
    13. KissMe4711

KissMe4711 New Member

So, now it´s working after all "fresh"

one thing, i´ve you have a trading post, he goes inside and make the thinks to do, but wait for mount inside. I move the char manually outside, mount up, and then it go on ( Garrison Lvl. 3, Trading Post Lvl. 2)

14. Tyrr

Tyrr New Member

So far, no major issues with the newest version... here's hoping that they mesh the rest of it all for smoothness! Great job!

Have you considered the other suggestion I put in as well? Not sure if feasible or not, however, it does speed up gathering when you are able to snag one of your followers to patrol the garrison with you, especially the more support oriented classes. Assuming of course, that you clear your missions prior to running the script that is. However, would be nice if the script while passing one of the followers, speaks to them, and prompts one of them to follow with you to conclusion. The follower becomes a pet like a hunters pet, and helps you if attacked while mining or herbing. Hope this is something you might be able to add in the future =)

15. Prostak

Prostak Member

I see where it comes from. I've used a bit too strong arguments trying to force HB to mount. Will correct.

Upd. Got the same problem: stuck at Trading Post. But it is not mount-related. There is a 3rd variant for Trader Joe, all with different ids. Why?? Oh: Blizz seems to use a different person for a different order, lol.
      Upd2. Wowhead lists 11 different Trader Joe's. Adding them all.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
    16. Prostak

Prostak Member

I've considered that suggestion briefly, but I do not see an easy way to make this from inside a profile (there may be one, I just do not see it). It can be easily done via a plugin, but adding one more component into the solution does not seem worth it.

BTW I guess you have problems with a healer class? In the days of Sunsong Ranch tilling I've made all my healers to learn a DPS spec, just because of these nasty little buggers. But you need to be in a healing spec only when you go in a group.

17. Tyrr

Tyrr New Member

I would have thought it would be similar to how you have us talking to the npc's for doing the recipes, just have to locate one of them, speak to them, and select the response to have them come on patrol with you. Since only followers give that option once you speak with them, wasn't sure how hard/easy it would be to add in a quick check like you did for the herb and mining guys who use the stones and seeds. Ah well, I can still do it by hand, it doesn't take much more, just a bit of extra time is all =) Thanks!

18. Prostak

Prostak Member

19. Tyrr

Tyrr New Member

So far, it is all working nearly flawlessly! Great job! I have noticed a few issues again.
      1. On a level 3 garrison, I have placed the inn in the new expansion slot, and the run to check it in the script tries to take me through the left side wall, and I have to either pause the script, which usually breaks or crashes HB, or, force it to walk around the corner to get inside so it continues and resolves.
      2. Not sure if this is intentional, however, you do have it checking all the spots for whether any productions can be made, however, if I upgrade any except the mine/herb, it won't finalize or even work with them until done manually.
      3. I have noticed that it sometimes "forgets" some nodes in the mine. I just had it happen as I was writing this, and had to stop the script entirely so I could run back and grab the 2 missed nodes showing on the mini-map that the script failed to see. One was in the lower corner, lvl 3 mine, and one was near the entrance... perhaps a last scan before exiting the mine to see if any are left?
      Here is the error from HB: [MyCTM-v1733(fatal)] MyCTM is not able to reach Mine-II 5 Waterfall from <1984.152, 128.8797, 20.30486>
      Bot stopping! Reason: Fatal error in quest behavior, or profile. -> this was after pausing, and having to run back to the node that was nearly hidden behind the banner in the bottom room to mine it, then, I ran the toon back to as close to the spot I paused it at, and tried to continue... This was on another toon than the one above, which only had a lvl 2 mine, not a lvl 3.
      4. In the herb garden, lvl 3, I have noticed that it tends to get stuck on the left side fencing near the tree, when it is collecting, and then fights to try to get around it for a bit, and if you have a small toon, i.e. gnome, once you get out of that pocket area, you run under the lamp that is on the post to the right of that pocket, and get stuck, causing an infinite loop of blacklisting that never blacklists because it can't get you out from under it. Just thought you might want to know.
      5. Thanks for the github link. However, the revision on it seems to be one behind on this main page... when I download it, I get revision 1.12, and the front page has 1.13?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    20. Prostak

Prostak Member

Thank you for your attention. I was a bit distracted by other project.
      And I think I can retire this one, since there is a superior replacement. I've checked this one: https://www.thebuddyforum.com/honorbuddy-forum/botbases/190750-bot-garrisonbuddy.html and it seems to work while not perfect, but still great.
      1. The Mine runs are impressively fast. This is expected from BB but was missing in PB profiles I've checked earlier.
      2. Configurable and configuration is good.
      3. I had 4 stucks in 10 runs, but nothing that can't be corrected.
      4. It does Missions!
      It still in beta, free and open-source. Please consider donating: I can vouch for the amount of work that went there.