• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [A][Q] Flightpath-o-Matic Get all FP's

Discussion in 'Alliance' started by atg68, Apr 22, 2015.

1. atg68

atg68 New Member

ALLIANCE EDITION

Horde Version here : [H][Q] Flightpath-o-Matic Get all FP's

I was tired of getting Flightpaths on all my characters, so I wrote these profiles.. I have tested them all on at least 4 characters and I think I have all the bugs removed. Please let me know if you find any missing flightpaths or any errors in the code. Most profiles take at least an hour to run, and if you have to stop in the middle, it will start over. (Sorry, I asked if there was a way to detect if a FP was already known, apparently there isn't)

These profiles WILL NOT get any "phased" flight paths or any flight paths that require a quest to do (IE: Scholozar Basin)

All profiles make use of Azyul's Universal Navigation Snips found here : Universal Navigation Snips (the work EchoTiger has done is AMAZING, thank you so much for this!)

REQUIREMENTS : Ability to fly in the relevant zone

Changelog :
      • Apr 21, 2015 : Initial Version released
      • Apr 24, 2015 : Removed all use hearth logic, the universal navigation snips from EchoTiger made it pointless.
      • Feb 3, 2016 : Changed order of FP's based on FPSWare's suggestions and removed Hearthglen FP. Also, chained them together so they autoloaded.. Start with Eastern Kingdoms if you're Alliance.

If you like these profiles, please feel free to buy me a Pepsi!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
      exfelon and fpsware like this.
    2. atg68

atg68 New Member

reserved

3. WoWbotfan

WoWbotfan New Member

Wow, thank you so much for putting these together atg. I unfortunately don't have any alliance characters to test this, so I have a couple questions:

1. Will this use a flying mount to travel from FP to FP, assuming the area is flyable? If not flyable, will it use a ground mount?
      2. Since it uses Azyul's, I'm guessing it doesn't matter which continent you begin in. It will get to whichever profile you're loading, correct?

Only suggestion I have is stringing these all together so that it can be left to run all of them without the need for the user to change profiles. That's a minor convenience thing though, and I still think it's great just having these profiles.

4. atg68

atg68 New Member

yes, it flys from FP to FP.. so you need to be able to fly to use them...
      you can start them anywhere, it will use Azyul's to navigate to where it needs to be..

I have Horde version mostly done, will release in a few days...

5. atg68

atg68 New Member

I'm away for a few days having surgery, so if there are any problems with this I will address them when I am back.

6. WoWbotfan

WoWbotfan New Member

Hope all goes well and wishing you a speedy recovery!

7. atg68

atg68 New Member

surgery was cancelled.. so I will be working on horde version this weekend..

I updated a few of the alliance profiles to not use hearth.. I originally was going to make it a requirement to have your hearth set to stormwind to use these, but the universal navigation snips made that pointless...

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
    8. iiiofv

iiiofv New Member

Script looks good, so glad someone decided to make one of these recently.

Filled a gap, thankyou

9. atg68

atg68 New Member

10. klepp0906

klepp0906 Banned

problem being the lack of discerning which ones you have as well as blacklisting the phased ones.

if you dc and have to restart hb, gg your starting over. if you didnt open up a phased one, you stand there and cant continue gg you start over.

A for effort? :p

but naw, its much needed and will work for many folks - but for others.. those are some much needed improvements imo.

11. Proto

Proto New Member

Problem in [A][Q] Northrend All flight paths by AtG68
      Profile visits Wintergard Keep FP twice. Once after Moaki Harbor FP and again after Wyrmrest Temple FP. Should only visit after Wyrmrest Temple FP. Easy edit tho, thanks for posting these.

Also flies over the northern portion of Wintergrasp PvP zone on its way to Sholazar Basin. Event was in progress, was dismounted, and trapped. Would be nice to add a couple of hotspots to fly through the southern portion of Icecrown and avoid Wintergrasp.

Edit: Attached a fixed verson of [A][Q] Northrend All flight paths by AtG68. Now visits Wintergard Keep only once, and avoids Wintergrasp by flying behind Icecrown Citadel. Tested and works great.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    12. fpsware

fpsware Community Developer

Great work but some fixes are necessary.

Eastern Kingdoms
      * Remove Hearthglen FP as the character gets stuck on an invisible wall and is unable to fly to that location.

Northrend
      * If a Wintergrasp event is in progress the no-fly zone is extended and your current pathing takes you through this when flying from Wildrunners Overlook to Rivers Hearth. A simple fix is to move Argent Varguard AFTER Wildrunners Overlook, and before Rivers Hearth.

I've also made a small addition <CustomBehavior File="LoadProfile" ProfileName="NEXT PROFILE NAME" /> at the end of the last FP for that continent, this way it automatically loads the next continent profile, and so on, and so on until the entire world is done. Sure it takes a few hours to get all flight paths for all continents but it's a set-and-forget method.

13. atg68

atg68 New Member

thanks, made those changes and re-uploaded them. :)

14. fpsware

Another addition, this one is to Pandaria, Westwind Rest is not available without completing quests.

If you've leveled your character by dungeon farming or other non-questing means this FP will not be available.

15. fpsware

I am in the process of testing 100% automated flight point discovery for every contenient, excluding WoD.

Load Eastern Kingdoms profile it once complete it will automatically load the next continent, and so on and so on. When you need to do the MoP flight points it will do the MoP entry quests (for now assuming you DON'T have the portal to MoP), take the first flight path to VoEB, learn MoP flying and continue discovering all flight paths.

The entire automated process should take about 5 ish hours and should complete without a single fault, fingers crossed.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    16. Proto

Proto New Member

This sounds awesome! please let us know here when we can take it out for a spin.