• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [A - Quest] WIP | Loremaster Achievement

Discussion in 'Alliance' started by wownerds, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Megser

Megser Well-Known Member

Dead thread is dead.

2. wownerds

wownerds New Member

Nope, not at all. Got 6 exams coming up and will finally be able to continue this project in about 2 weeks. Stay tuned.

3. wownerds

wownerds New Member

Thanks for the offer, please provide me with some contact info (icq, skype, etc.)

4. Laruae

Laruae New Member

Willing to help

Hi there, was thinking about doing this very same thing. Most of my knowledge of profile writing is gleaned from pouring over other's profiles and self-tests. You actually beat me to writing an Arathi Highlands profile, so perhaps I could simply help contribute to this set rather than write my own.

I am working on a Hinterlands questing profile right now which would give the explorer and loremaster requirements as well as complete all quests there, excluding any "mounted" quests which create a new action bar as I have no idea how to script for those.

Hit me up if you are still actively working on this profile set. If not, I'd like permission to add your Slithis and Arathi Highlands profiles to mine. Also testing slithis for you soon.

5. Farmbot

Farmbot New Member

This Project died?

6. HazeX

HazeX New Member

Very interested in this one and would donate should you be able to finish it. Please update us as to whether or not you plan on completing this. Sure hope you are :)

7. Laruae

Laruae New Member

This project is NOT dead. I am not certain if OP is still working on anything past his Arathi Basin and Slithius profiles, but I am currently working on making more of these profiles in order to complete this project. Do note that the completon of this will have to be settled around my coursework, but is indeed being worked on.

8. justlaxn

justlaxn Member

I was 3/4 of the way making a SoS profile and then my druid got the achievement from Kick's profile -___- I would recommend asking permission to take bits and give credit from the solid leveling profiles as there are many quest already coded and you would only need to add a few quests to many zones.

9. Laruae

Laruae New Member

Quite true indeed, Kick has some VERY solid leveling profiles. I plan to ask for permission to scavenge from his work at a later date, but first I am improving my skills by creating these myself. Pretty much everything I know about writing the profiles has been gleaned from Kicks, or w00t's work. The biggest problem in making these profiles is when there is a requirement for a vehicle activity or a use item on target where you have to select a ranged AOE to hit, much like how the EZ Throw Dynamite works. I'll be PMing Kick soon though. Also, if you don't mind, could you attach that SoS profile? If you are alright with it, I may be able to finish it and add it to the group. Depends on you though.

10. justlaxn

justlaxn Member

yeah i'd definitely recommend asking kick. i learned pretty much the same way i just haven't gotten around to finishing up the profile. ill attach what i have for now (i havent decided if i'll have time to finish it with fall semester coming up)

11. Laruae

Laruae New Member

Turns out that Kick's inbox is full or he has turned off his PMs. Any idea how to get his attention? I guess I could post a thread, but that seems kinda crass.

12. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

???

13. Laruae

Laruae New Member

Ninja stalker Kick. Thanks for the reply, had a question or two for ya if you've got the time. First off, I am working to finish this idea of compiling questing profiles to create a set which would help others gain the Loremaster title and achievement. I was wondering if you would have any problem with me using some of your work and listing you as one of the main contributors. Please do let me know.

Besides that, I had two questions, one being if you have any progress/solution for Vehicle quests as of yet.

On another note, could you possibly give me an example of a /if statement which would allow the picking up of a profile at any point in the progression? I know the total listing would probably be quite long and require a set of /if statements directing the thread to each new check for every quest listed in the profile, stopping on the ones which are not completed by the user. What I am not certain of is A) how to check completed quests with an /if-then statement, and B) how to set the program to resume the quest. I assume that once you are able to pinpoint the quest which the player has not done, then the bot can run to that quest and take it. If the player is part way through the quest, would Honorbuddy have a command to abandon the quest and then re-accept it in order to being with a clean slate?

Thanks so much for your time, your work has helped me get started creating profiles myself, and some feedback would mean tons.

14. Daydreamer

Daydreamer New Member

I would be very much willing to help out! :) Just PM and I'll be at your service. Not good at making profiles, but if there is anything I can help out with I'm very much willing.

15. riceburner

riceburner New Member

I will be willing to test anything you need me to. I am about to start loremaster and have only done quests in darkshore. Everyother zone is untouched and I am a lifetime member, also have skype and all that jazz. Currently unemployed, and no family matters to bother me so I can bot all day and be there to watch it and take notes on whatever you need me to.

16. Bengan12

Bengan12 Well-Known Member

I could help out here if you want.

I se this as a huge project that no man can do alone.

17. riceburner

riceburner New Member

Thread is dead :(

18. darknemesis

darknemesis New Member

are you still working on this ?

19. liquidsnakeblue

liquidsnakeblue New Member

Jeez, talk about a necroed thread. Too bad this project didn't take off, would have been nice.

20. splash

splash New Member

I guess this is no longer worked on?