• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Ability IDs

Discussion in 'Community Developer Forum' started by alltrueist, Oct 19, 2014.

1. alltrueist

alltrueist Active Member

SWTOR Miner is a well-known dataminer. He posted a ton of 3.0 information he mined here. What caught my eye is the "Full Advanced Class Data." Here you can see lots of information about the new Disciplines, but most importantly you can see ability IDs for each spell. Having ability IDs would be HUGE for combat routine writers because we could important things like distinguish between same-name debuffs. Is there any way for us to access the ability IDs through Honorbuddy?

2. Ama

Ama New Member

That is some good info that would be easy to import and work with. It wouldn't really solve our debuff problem though. Our debuff problem is a bw issue. The guids for the debuffs aren't consistent in the debuffs list for each target. Fixing our debuff issue is just gonna take a few hours and some clever programming.

As we stand right now, problem debuffs are being cast with timers. So we cast the debuff on the target and then add a the spell/target combo to a blacklist while the timer is there. At least I think thats what I did, it was a long time ago. :p

What I need to change it to is...
      1) push spell/target/debuff-guid to watch list
      2) next tick, look for the debufff-guid that was applied and fill it in

It wont be super hard, just need to sit down and do it.