• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Accessing current monster life regen?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Infinite Monkeys, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Infinite Monkeys

Infinite Monkeys Community Developer

I'm trying to improve how caustic arrow works in my routine, and I need to know if monsters are already in a poison cloud or not for targeting. I had a look in the object explorer and I think when they're in the cloud it makes their 'Regen' under the 'Life' class/struct negative so that they take damage. If I could access that stat I should just be able to check if it's negative, but I can't work out how to get at it. Does anyone know?

2. pushedx

pushedx Moderator Moderator Buddy Core Dev

Alright so what you want to do is roughly:
      1. Pick a mob, like a boss, that won't die right away and won't kill you.
      2. Open up Object Explorer, refresh it all, and select their Monster entry.
      3. Save the right side panel using the Save button. This dump goes into your Logs folder.
      4. Cast your caustic arrow, and if you're sure they are under the effects, Refresh the right side panel and save it again.

Now, you can use something like Code Compare or any other comparison tool really, and check for differences in a few areas:
      1. Stats, as if they have a harmful stat on them from the caustic arrow, then it should stand out.
      2. Auras, if they are standing in the cloud, they should have a very specific aura you can check for.
      3. Actual Health values, under the LifeComponent, you should find a regen value, although I think this would be a bad way to track it because if their regen surpassed your degen, or other things were DoTed on them, it'd not be accurate.

Give that a try and see if you can find something specific to identify what you're after. I'd say start with Auras first, then Stats, then actual fields in components. Play with that and let me know if you can or can't work it out and I'll take a look at it when I next get a chance if not. Good luck!

3. Infinite Monkeys

Infinite Monkeys Community Developer

Whoops, I checked for auras with object explorer before asking and couldn't find one. I guess I was killing stuff too fast when testing, because I removed all my gem links and Hillock survived enough for me to find the aura ("caustic_cloud"). Thanks!