• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • AcquireFrame usage

Discussion in 'Community Developer Forum' started by Teo, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Teo

Teo Member

Through many of the routines I have seen usage of BuddyTor.Memory.AcquireFrame but no info is mentioned about it in the api documentation.

Is this something that is required for the bot to work correctly?

I am asking because I got rid of all my lag/fps issues when I removed all calls to it (with no errors appearing in the log).

2. alltrueist

alltrueist Active Member

I don't have a great understanding of it, but I don't think removing it would cause any problem for DPS rotations. No classes uses multi-dotting, so that's not an issue. Healing would probably be most affected. Give it a shot and report back if anything bad happens :D

3. Aevitas

Aevitas Well-Known Member Staff Member Buddy Core Dev

What is essentially does is a call to Monitor.Enter while inside a frame (in our case, every time DirectX's Present is called) and preserves the game state until the frame lock is released. This guarantees, normally, that the game's state does not change while your code executes. Since SWTOR is a two-process game however, that's not strictly always the case as SWTOR is special.

Normally, you should't have to worry about frame locks too much as they are acquired on script calls, which are also used when you cast abilities etc.