• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Adding a plungin system / combat logic to GB.

Discussion in 'Archives' started by unomobster, Sep 3, 2010.

?

Options you would like to see in GB

1. Nothing, it's fine as is

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    2. Combat logic, no more macros

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    3. Plugin sytem, Kingreply would be awsome

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    4. What's GB....

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. zomgmage

zomgmage Member

The thing about a combat bot for a never ending mmo... There will always been something to change or update. HB might become a lot more stable but it will never be fully "done".

I really hope they do merge GB into an optional HB plugin at some point with more options combat wise and logic wise. Normal GB seems pretty easy for them to update so they could always keep that "as-is" for the non conformers.

2. haukinyau

haukinyau New Member

@zoom

i heard Bossland said GB will be integrated into HB as a feature in future planning, probably why they dont bother introducing combat logic for GB yet. The product initially started focusing on GB, now gradually had more attention on the HB. Plus, i wouldn't want to see GB breaking up just for the sake of implementing new feature. GB is advertised as Flying Gather bot, and it serves its purpose well to my opinion.

on topic, yes, i agree combat logic is a good add-on to GB. Always room for improvement, constructing comment appreciated.

3. mistatic

mistatic Guest

I feel that a plugin system would not be needed just a feature that would allow whispers to be applied to.

Also I do not think a combat logic would be needed as it generally just attacks the one mob that is near the node and if there is more then one then the node should be blacklisted.

4. butane

butane New Member

The only reason I want GB as an HB plugin would be so that HB can then use flying mounts. Imagine a world where you can fly when you need repair, vendor, change zones, getting/turing in quests. Soooooo many problems would be avoided, especially with the new ability to fly in Azeroth. Not being able to fly with HB is really starting to get to me, especially when its not a matter of implementation, its a matter of the devs not wanting to because they could not make a killing selling GB.

On topic: It makes much more sense to incorporate GB into HB then it does to rewrite GB to have some of the features of HB.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
    5. Bobble

Bobble New Member

this made me lol hard.

6. I3ig Al

I3ig Al New Member

I want GB integrated into HB for the better pathfinding logic. its really annoying to have an herb pop up on the other side of a giant ass mountain or building or whatever, and GB just goes HUURRRRR and flies at the wall until it realizes its not getting any closer, then attempts to strafe around it.

the GB/HB combo could run on the current waypoint routes system, and then when it detects a node in range, switch to the HB system so it can dynamically make its way around obstacles.

7. Azathoth1

Azathoth1 New Member

So who remembers the debut of Yoink? ;)

8. gimik

gimik New Member

what Butane said.

9. Ilja Rogoff

Ilja Rogoff Well-Known Member

full ack to butane

10. crack00r

crack00r Member

dont forget that HB navsystem use more RAM

the nav from GB is maybe stupid like bread... but dont need much RAM so you can use more GB/WOW's per PC

11. Klovnene

Klovnene Member

Well said m8, i agree totally!

12. mezz0

mezz0 Member

It's a fact that HB has much more downtime then GB......
      Yet still you want to have the same logic that drives HB to be incorporated into GB ? :)

As for the flying bit; I fully understand ! I for one refuse to pay monthly for a bot simply because they decided flying is their bread n butter.

I said it before and I will say it again, there are free alternatives that will provide flying/gathering. They are open source and only require you to have or build a Mac (*cough*hackintosh*cough*).