• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Alot of Bans Lately?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by EZmode, Apr 12, 2011.

1. EZmode

EZmode New Member

Hey guys, I recently RE subscribed to Honorbuddy because I was sick of leveling.

Now I bought this bot about 3 Hours ago.
      I have used it, Quite amazed of how the questing works actually (Iv used AIO) so Im pretty Impressed in how it equips Gear, Learns skills, ETC.

But what im wondering is, Is it out of the ordinary right now with all these bans? It just looks like a lot have been popping up lately... is this normal?

2. dottzor

dottzor Member

Yes its normal.
      Now move along.

3. EZmode

EZmode New Member

Really? Alot of people have been getting banned I mean I dont know I guess im still kind of skeptical..... Usually dont see bans like this every day back in the day.

4. Bengan12

Bengan12 Well-Known Member

GM?s got rabies right now, hopfully they get cured soon so this go back to normal.

Seriously, they are out saying they are working harder to ban boters, this is likely to be a campain they run for a while but it is costly to have to many people working on it so it wont last to long.

5. EZmode

EZmode New Member

Would you say its a bad time to Bot then?

6. cynyde70

cynyde70 New Member

It's always a bad time to bot! ^_~

7. EZmode

EZmode New Member

But there is Better times, at times. Is this one of those times?

8. Nesox

Nesox Moderator Staff Member Moderator Buddy Core Dev

There is no such thing as bad times to bot, only bad times not to bot ;)

9. pontius001

pontius001 New Member

Honestly, if you are this concerned about botting, then don't. It is as simple as that. If you do bot, just be prepared to lose your account is all.

10. mevip

mevip Member

i got reported by some stupid kid that wass following me around ... he`s claiming he called a gm where i wass boting .. lol ... more then 2 weeks have passed since then and nothing happend ... not even a mail from blizzard or anything ... i`ve been boting like at least 16 hours a day ... i dont have auctions at the moment ... sometimes i auction stuff thats worth around 1-2k gold mostly skinns ... anyway what i`m sayng is. i`ve been pretty careless about my booting ... leaving the bot alone for nights with instance buddy ... and stuff like that. i`m still here and its working great at the moment. my advice to you ? if ur going to bot ... first test every profile you`re going to use. for example with instance buddy there are places where it gets stuck often. like jumping in the water and hiting his head on the wals while trying to get out and stuff like that. test then go afk thats what i do

11. fasteddie78

fasteddie78 New Member

bans are apart of botting...if you dont want the possibility of being banned, dont bot.

12. lynar

lynar New Member

Never thought i would get hit with HB and it's nice movement, but bah.. got a 72hour couple of hours ago..

Bought a new account, started a shammy :)
      Couldn't wait for the ban to finnish :p

13. shinavaka

shinavaka Member

there is never a "good" time to bot But there is smart botting, just do a little research on the best ways to bot and youll be fine, currently i archeology with a little questing every few hours, i mine/herb all day and do my dailys at the end of the day, and thats still a little extravagant so...

14. haxed

haxed New Member

The way i look at it is that the bot itself is not being traced by blizzard, so the only way you would get caught is by someone reporting you or whatever. On my botting accounts i don't care if i lose them because id just level up another. But on my main account i don't bot that afk thus making it a bit safer.

15. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

gm's are finally reading the ban reports because less and less ppl are getting hacked finally

16. ZoOoOoM

ZoOoOoM Community Developer

Pretty much what Kick said.

Can't think of anything other than that.
      Especially with the rapid increase of botters in WoW in the past few months.

17. mevip

mevip Member

if u ask me ... i think we are going to get banned sooner or later. the way i see it. i got reported and nothing happend. so i`m thinking ... maybe i wass added to a banwave list ? ... and i`ll get banned in 1 month maybe or something like that ... lol ... what do u guys think ?

18. katzerle

katzerle New Member

First Time I also was afraid because of the Banforum, was thinking about not buying HB.
      One Tipp: Take a look at the single Bans, read the reasons why those people get banned and learn from them. Then you see the most of them are explainable with simple reasons. ;)
      If you bot save, this bot is as save as any other Bot outside there, maybe even saver.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
    19. dayloon

dayloon Active Member

There have been a lot of suspensions in the EU recently. Not bans though. Looks like they're just catching up on player reports

20. rik_1551

rik_1551 New Member

I honestly believe they are tracking the bot. I tried real hard to get my 72 hour suspension overturned but they wouldn't have it. The reason:

""When running, the World of Warcraft client may monitor your computer's random access memory (ram) and/or cpu processes for unauthorized third party programs running concurrently with World of Warcraft. An "unauthorized third party program" as used herein shall be defined as any third party software, including without limitation any "addon" or "mod," that in Blizzard Entertainment's sole determination:
      Following a review of your case, we can confirm that such program has been used on several occasions by your account, and that the subsequent action taken is appropriate. We would not look to enter into any further communications on this issue as the matter is now considered closed."

I don't think they are stupid to insta ban everybody they catch running the bot because it would mean a big loss of game subscriptions for them, but i think they're stepping up recently with the 72 hour suspensions to try deter people from continuing to use it

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011