• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Am I the only one who just got banned right now?

Discussion in 'Discussions (no Ban Reports here)' started by DTtaro, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Rabbit112

Rabbit112 Community Developer

I was using my garrison profile when I got kicked off, except I immediately logged back on and pretended nothing happened. Then again the riskiest things I do on this account are 2-3 hour grind sessions for skins + the occasional dungeon heal for gear.

I didn't post it because a) I'd rather not be lumped in with others with it when I can easily have my garry activities automated with minimal risk (and using HB meshing), and b) it's messy as hell :D

2. Xeddzul

Xeddzul New Member

High Pop US Based servers, 3 accounts, one farming the same spot 10-12 hours a day, 3-4 days a week (my own private profile) and running the GarrisonButler Lite on 3 toons, nothing else. One account leveling DK's from 55-100 then grinding garrisons (5 at the moment, this account is only 3 weeks old). Last account was online for tripwire (got kicked when it happened, I logged back in and raided manually), I use Enyo and several different paid routines (Millz and Oracle) and run GarrisonButler on 8 toons on that account daily. Went back to my usual routine as soon as HB was repaired and functioning again after tripwire event.

I have not been banned/suspended on any of my three accounts. Blizz likely has my IP on file from when they banned one of my two accounts during mop (economic exploitation...3000 auctions per day).

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    3. Mr_Pibb

Mr_Pibb New Member

Hi Folks, let me summon this up.
      This thread here is created yesterday and those people all report, that they got banned within tha last 2 days on US accounts:
      • DTtaro
      • saltychip
      • JUANNY
      • themuffin
      • dragzz
      • l337pally
      • blasthoss
      • toxicocr07
      • shep
      • wtfmofo
      • Trendkill
      • myrgy
      • Froga
      • MoMedic
      • venndann
      • mike1234
      • jesterr9
      • Rabbit112
      • Xeddzul

I count 19.
      And additional 18 Ban reports in seperate threads in the ban report sub forum. Thats a total of 37 users banned within 2 days (And I did not count if someone got banned on multiple accs). I would say, thats pretty damn much. Noone of those reported that he was doing kamikaze stuff like dungeon farming for 12h a day.

And there is this absolutely new thing with the 6 month bans.

So.....

We have 37 reported US bans within 2 days.....

and we have 1 reported EU ban I think that has nothing to do with it. (yet)

Compared to the days before..... In the same timeperiod there were usually 3-5 reports.

I never used that word, its mighty and dangerous and most of the time it is placed wrong and could cause a panic, but get a lifejacket, I see a banwave incoming.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    4. dabootzi

dabootzi Member

What are you talking about ppl? Blizzards knows that you are botting .. The GM might pass beside you farming with a bot but will never care to ban you. They don't care as you paid your bill "UNLESS" someone reports you, here goes the BAN.

5. Ilja Rogoff

Ilja Rogoff Well-Known Member

So why do you try to panic here? 37 bans and suspensions, and how many botters? 10k? 20k? Uh?

6. elMonstro

elMonstro New Member

Maybe more players reported bans because of ban length? I wouldn't bother reporting 3 day suspension, but 6 months suspension is something worth reporting.

7. venndann

venndann Member

I have not known Blizzard to issue 3-day suspensions for this, it's usually a permaban. A 6-month suspension is new.

It's clear they are on a ban rampage, and a lot of these reports are coming in from people who have not been overly exploiting the game with hundreds of auctions, 10-12 afk farming, and other typical activity that would expect to raise a red flag. Prior to this we've expected that "stealth botting" or smart use of routines and bots kept us under the radar. That is no longer the case. The more we share information, the more we can understand what's happened, and the better the Buddy team can take steps to protect our investments.

8. Taran32

Taran32 New Member

A large number of those ban reports also listed "GarisonButler" as something they used, were using, or "used for 5 min" at some point prior. If that supports HB controlled movement whatsoever, my money is on that. It more than likely leaves the same detectable trail as any Gathering/Farming botbase/plugin.

9. myrgy

myrgy Member

I was using it but only a small percentage of its users have been banned. I'm quite baffled as to why I got banned.

10. JUANNY

JUANNY Member

I only the cr fo raiding (demonic premium) and i got the 5 month banned- no other activities

11. Lemmi

Lemmi New Member

People forget that only a small fraction of people report their bans, hell i never did (i escaped this one though, lucky me) and also hear from a lot of them from other sources, especially when the big clean ups happen every once in a while. So if we see an astounding 37 reports here, that means what happened this days in us was pretty big and given its nature, very weird, deffinetely worth investigating and trying to figure out.

12. hams

hams Member

pvp or pve?

13. Taran32

Taran32 New Member

Did you have "Enable Chat Output" on your botbase? I assume you were using Enyo or something similar.

14. soverine

soverine Guest

I wish, and I hope I don't get into trouble from this, we'd get some sort of reassurance or answer from HB. I know, I know we have to keep up the smoke and mirrors, but this is hitting close to home for most if not all of us and a simple "we got this" or anything would help. Right now everyone is sitting here speculating and assuming and we all know what good that does.

15. JUANNY

JUANNY Member

pve-i was actually raiding when i got dced from the game and upon trying to log back found the fatal 202 ban error

16. JUANNY

JUANNY Member

no i did not have the cr chat output enabled bec im not certain that blizz cant pick up on the chat lol

17. Taran32

Taran32 New Member

That was my concern. Those are usually a high risk feature. Well if you were raiding during the tripwire, there's a good chance your raid may have reported you when/if people realized what was happening. Other than that, it seems very odd that you'd get banned for ONLY using a CR. Are you sure that

A. You haven't used ANY ofher botbase/plugin on this account ever? Please think hard about it. It helps people to figure it out if you used ANYTHING else for any number of time. For any number of seconds/minutes
      B. That the CR author doesn't have something within his CR that's sending something back to the game client? (proc information, AOE ground information, etc.)

18. JUANNY

JUANNY Member

A-the only thing i use is enyo with demonic premium-i do not use any plugins other then i what i just mentioned which are require for the combat routine to work
      B-tbh i dont know enough programming to answer that and even if i did the routine is streamed straight from the buddy store so its code is out of reach

its been mentioned that very few bans have happened since the tripwire event which is true however we cant rule out that blizz could be very selective about who and how many they choose to ban so as not to alarm the community in general until they are good and ready-i also control the bot movements so as not to look bottish

19. Taran32

Taran32 New Member

Have any other users of that CR reported bans that you're aware of?

20. JUANNY

JUANNY Member

think i saw one other reported but he was also running grinding profiles so it could just be coincidence-i did read somewhere that reportedly blizz was xperimenting with some new bot detection technology but that is pure hearsay