• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Am I the only one who just got banned right now?

Discussion in 'Discussions (no Ban Reports here)' started by DTtaro, Mar 23, 2015.

1. JUANNY

JUANNY Member

my understanding is that the cr runs under and with hb which has obfuscation shield for the code it injects into the client so i doubt the cr itself should raise any red flags but since im not a programmer i cant say-after my ban expires on sept 23 ill prob just log on to move my gold so im basically done with the game

2. myrgy

myrgy Member

I got banned and was using a CR during the tripwire. But I think if Blizz is waiting "until they are good and ready" then they wouldn't have banned anyone at all.

3. Taran32

Taran32 New Member

We're more or less trying to figure out what people were doing in conjunction with CRs to narrow down the possibilities. As it stands, most of the bans reported seem to have a few major things in common:

A. They used/were using GarrisonButler once, twice, or often
      B. They used standard high risk Gathering/AFK BG farming botbases/plugins w/ Singular
      c. They used standard High risk Gathering/Farming/Questing/AFK BG farming plugins with free/paid CRs.

There's been very few accounts of people being banned for ONLY using the CRs and nothing else. That's making me question if these people aren't being honest about the other things they did, utilized some high risk features of some of those CRs without reading the fine print (aka chat output), or are troll accounts from the Blizzard forums looking to stir up suspicion of HB's safety. That kind of thing DOES happen, and it happens on other forums too. Lot of people are being linked these forums straight from the Bnet forums, and it wouldn't surprise me if some of them went the extra mile with fake ban reports to scare people.

4. JUANNY

JUANNY Member

lol in part blizz is getting alot of pressure especially from pvpers to do something about arena bots as an example so to save face they occasionally hand out bans to make it look like they are serious about curtailing bots so you can say it might be a stopgap measure that they are using-when the tripwire event went off numerous reports showed that server participation drastically dropped in arena matches-so it is safe to say that blizz might not be willing to lose thousands if not hundreds of thousands of subscribers because of the financial hit so bans are prob only handed out selectively until they feel the pressure again

5. PeterLong

PeterLong New Member

I never afk'd anything, I used Lazyraider + Tuanha handling most cooldowns, interrupts, movement, etc myself.

I used Autoangler some, always attended it, while it was running I had sound on and was AT the computer just tabbed and doing other stuff.

I used Garrisonbutler Lite, again, always attended, mostly browsing the internet or watching TV while it ran, with sound on.

Both my accounts sucked a ban, my theory goes in the Garrisonbutler direction at this time.

I have another account I haven't played since Pandaria, and that account is 110% clean, never ever used -anything- on that account. I will reactivate it tonight and never do anything outside of basic rotations with it, we'll see how it goes I guess.

6. theDizzle

theDizzle New Member

Either this garrison profile is extremely popular or it's some kind of strange coincidence that a lot of people are getting banned after using it.

7. kirdd

kirdd New Member

For those of you who got banned for using GarrisonButler did you have the issue where it would crash when opening up a work order container?

Wonder if that crash allowed Blizz to get info needed to suspend the account, say if you submitted a crash log.

8. phantaz

phantaz New Member

Just got the same,Exploitation of game mechanics 6 months.

9. yepgotbanned

yepgotbanned New Member

Around 2 hours ago I got disconnected while I was manually doing my mine/herb in my Garrison. 6 month ban!
      Two days ago was the last time I used HB to clear my garrison with garrisonbutler and I've used enyo while raiding in the past.

10. Taran32

Taran32 New Member

There are an awful lot of people mentioning "GarrisonButler" in their ban reports. That's 2 or 3 more now? My gut says it's something tied to that botbase/plugin or the other Garrison profiles and such. With the sheer amount of people now botting Garrisons instead of AHs in the major cities like before, it stands to reason Blizzard might have found a way to narrow down the botters based on something within that botbase/plugin. After all, they only have to check one instance to find a pattern. Prior to Garrisons, AH botters were spread across multiple cities with different profiles doing different things at a time.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    11. phantaz

phantaz New Member

I never used Garrison bots,just leveled and CR.didnt farm on this account by the way. I have sent a ticket to Blizz see what happens.US

12. PeterLong

PeterLong New Member

Did you use GarrisonButler?

13. kirdd

kirdd New Member

This may be full on tinfoil hat mode, but how many people who got banned recently have submitted posted an error log on these forums recently?

Wonder if some poor Blizz intern has been combing through those logs looking for something to identify accounts with and actioning when they have a match?

14. Taran32

Taran32 New Member

Did you do ANYTHING automated? Any HB controlled movement at all? Did you have "Enable Chat Output" selected on any of your botbases? That's a major risk right there. You have to look over all of your checks/unchecked notifications in all the CRs or plugins you ran. Lot of people on the Ban Report section have some form of AFK botting listed as one of their activities prior to the ban.

It doesn't matter if you only ran it for 10 seconds and decided against it. If you fired it up at all, that's important information to share because it'll help people figure out what the common denominator is on these reports. My gut tells me it's the Garrison Botting botbases/plugins, most notably GarrisonButler. Regardless of whether or not they're free/paid premium versions.

15. Coocks

Coocks Member

Try opening a log, see if you can identify your characters/account. This must be the most stupid Tinfoil hat comment in the history of stupid Tin foil hat comments on this forum.

DEER LORD!

16. Mydruid

Mydruid New Member

Actually he is speaking a lot of sense. Go look at one of your logs sometime it lists more than enough information for blizzard to find you if they wanted to. If you dont believe me post a log and I will show you.

17. kirdd

kirdd New Member

Like I said, massive tin foil hat area.

What made me think that is considering some of the logs show; character level, race, class, glyphs, talents, world location and currently running addons all with a neat timestamp, not at all entirely out of the realm of possibility. Just incredibly time consuming and probably quite a few false positives.

Though with that being said, it is quite unusual on how they are doing it. Usually it is all the bans in one fell swoop, this one is kind of trickling out like they are doing it in small batches to add to the confusion.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    18. Frayman

Frayman Member Legendary

Ive had disconnect after disconnect recently and I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same problem ..My wow locks up and I am forced to login again ..internet has been stable and all but I am really curious how many others have had a disproportionate amount of DC's lately.

19. sappete

sappete New Member

6 mo ban this morning. Just botted leveling / garrison and some light farming. F them.

20. DaveOw

DaveOw New Member

I've been disconnecting a lot too in the last week, I toned down the botting from 16+ hours a day to 2 or 3 and it seems to have got a lot better.