• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Am I the only one who just got banned right now?

Discussion in 'Discussions (no Ban Reports here)' started by DTtaro, Mar 23, 2015.

1. phantaz

phantaz New Member

just got replay back on appeal,findings remain the the same account banned for 6 months

2. shadowrukia

shadowrukia New Member

Is it safe to use honorbuddy right now or not???

3. gaudion1

gaudion1 New Member

I let my fingers from Hb for a month. Save is Save.

4. Gaaldornick

Gaaldornick Member

Yea, used to be they give most folks a one time pass (or multiple) for 72h suspension. No dice on my end either.

5. kirdd

kirdd New Member

So another thing has come to mind, how many people whos account got hit with the 6 month bought gold or sold gold at one time or another?

Could be sending a strong warning before the WoW tokens go live.

6. sappete

sappete New Member

Never bought or sold gold. Didn't bot after tripwire hit. Still got banned.

7. ITGuy

ITGuy Member

you are never truly "safe" per say lol i mean your using an external cheat program. but im using it. and used it for about 9 hours last night. so ya go ahead.

8. shadowrukia

shadowrukia New Member

HAHA yeah same! pretty much YOLO..

9. buduser

buduser New Member

I've been seeing some reports like this where someone hasn't even used their bot lately and got banned. I've stayed off botting as well but just scary to think that at any point I could be banned now based on whatever they logged before Tripwire :/

10. Botuser2014

Botuser2014 New Member

Just had a thought, GarrisonButler and Garrisonboss don't use automation do they? Perhaps blizzard sees a character running the EXACT same coordinates, doing the exact same thing. I.E. Mining first, the herb, then etc... Following an exact order, and never deviating from that order.

Wouldn't this be a sure-fire way to prove someone is botting? Characters moving the EXACT route (coordinates and all) every single time. No human could ever do that. Perhaps if the garrison bots started to use more randomness in their movement blizz couldn't prove anything, but we all thought we were safe in our garrisons because it's our own city/building and its instanced.

Thoughts?

11. Thickchesthair

Thickchesthair New Member

Just adding here. Got a ban today at 1:00EST for 6 months - Exploiting game mechanics. I was online during the tripwire event a bunch of days ago.

This was a personal account that I used for:
      -Leveled characters with kicks
      -CR for farming transmog gear.
      -GarrisonButler - though I haven't used that in a few weeks.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    12. astralel

astralel New Member

zipped hb and moved it in another folder, cleaned as much as i could my pc, reinstalled wow and bnet, used a spell for evil eye for all my goats and waiting the european ban wave.

doing the spell for the entire hb :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmPdjjsCfw

13. Olga

Olga New Member

Aaaand the european ban wave is here! May be. I got banned 24.03.2015 in the evening while I was raiding with my guild. But my case is special: GM talked to me personally! I told him I wasn't aware of using "other programs", I was at work and so on. So he said "...72 hours INSTEAD". Didn't say instead of WHAT, but I suppose instead of 6 months.
      Used my bot for farming Voidtalon of the Dark Star, got my bot disconnected while Tripwire, started it again when it was over; using only Singular CR, no addons, just running from point to point, sometimes killing mobs. And I think it was a report. Oh, and it was my main account with heroic-epoch stuff on char (dumb,dumb,dumb ><), but it might played a part in reducing ban duration.

PS I think there were other bans for european accounts, but may be some people don't know English well enough or don't know about that topic...

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    14. tia1979

tia1979 New Member

I think they are doing 6 months bans just coz they cant afford loosing any more customers. I think they did too little way to late for that :)

I think blizzard brought this upon themselves for making cata a disappointment. LK rocked but cata was disappointing and so was mop in a way.

15. Aion

Aion Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Seems you have not used certain garrison bot bases, but only throwing words here and there.

Indeed most of the assumptions above are not correct. Some of the bot bases are built as to be human-like from scratch. Their collecting actions are not only random, but too random!

So instead of that, point the doubts elsewhere.

16. mb41375

mb41375 Banned

If there was a ban wave it would be hundreds of threads.

17. Zardoz1

Zardoz1 New Member

Hum pathfinding hmmm

https://iseclab.org/papers/botdetection-article.pdf

I used garrison butler too, but I´m EU and Blizz dont care for EU. Not even for the botters here hehe. Perhaps this will change when they want to make money with selling gold. If the GarrisonButler path is burned, you´ll get burned using GarrisonButler ONCE.
      Ofc that will only occure if the path is not randomized in some way.

18. 2critzu

2critzu New Member

Sounds like you are trying to point doubts elsewhere.
      Lets face it, people were banned and the common denominator in many instances was Garrison Boss.....................................
      Mayb you could man up and have some admission, that your product was related to their bans.

Btw not a salty mofo, i''ve never used your Garrison Boss. I have been botting heaps, almost non stop on my bot accounts and i'm alive. (no CRs, or Garrison buddy/boss/whateva)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    19. Zardoz1

Zardoz1 New Member

Well...to be true garrison is the most boring stuff implemented in WoW. Its natural to bot garrison, if you bot. ;)

If its that special botbase and other garrison botbases are untouched, well that rises the flag.

20. gunsandunicorns

gunsandunicorns New Member

yeah they obviously only ban the people using CRs, Garrison stuff etc... but they leave the big fishes in game, which makes absolutely no sense. But then again, it's Blizzard, so naturally it makes no sense. They're just banning the totally wrong people and it's definitely gonna hurt them (Blizz) the most... all the goldsellers and big farmers were not touched during the banwave last week. This is such a fail, you can hardly tell anyone how utterly stupid that company is lol