• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Amplify - a Mage CC Powered by Blast Processing!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by CodenameG, Oct 23, 2010.

1. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

can you describe the issue? or at least post a log? i cant fix issues if i dont know they exist. i know there where issues with the mana lollipops is there something else missing?

2. nature

nature New Member

when i discovered that you had included water elemental freeze and saw how well it work i must say i was realla amazed, gotta love this class :D
      As i failed to find an option for it im just wondering if you will add Ice Barrier at % hp. And will there be an improvement in the targeting of pvp ? Although i have no clue if targeting is cc related or HB.

love your work <3, if i had money i would donate ...atleast i clicked the star :p

3. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

pvp support hasnt been parsed yet. it has for the default mage, but i left out Iceblock for that, so i gotta get some code in there to act correctly, overall im going to try and match Project E as close as possible. or try and keep survival high.

4. ssean112

ssean112 New Member

Hello I was using this CC yesterday and it was working fine , after the maintenance today blizzard have released a little download it wasn't very small but my honorbuddy doesnt work anymore. Am I just being a tard or is it something that needs an update?

I cant copy a debug thing or anything because it just freezes it or something when the error screen comes up. But it says "could not construct instance of amplify! Exception was thrown. Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of a object".

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
    5. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

this isnt a CC issue, honorbuddy needs to be updated.

6. ssean112

ssean112 New Member

Ah ok thanks , im new to all this so I wasn't really sure, just because it said about "amplify" I thought it may be a problem with it but thanks for fast reply.

7. ssean112

ssean112 New Member

Hey there guys, been using the new HB and I have been testing it and finding this happening quite a lot , I dont know if its something to do with the CC or the profiles or whats but this is what it keeps saying in debug log.

at TreeSharp.Composite.Tick(Object context)
      at Styx.Logic.BehaviorTree.TreeRoot.b() Also Changed POI to: Type: Loot, Name: Jungle Stalker
      [20:56:37:645] Cleared POI
      [20:56:37:879] Changed POI to: Type: Loot, Name: Jungle Stalker
      [20:56:38:128] Cleared POI
      [20:56:38:369] Changed POI to: Type: Loot, Name: Jungle Stalker
      [20:56:38:599] Cleared POI

Over and over

8. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

post a full log as an attachment, you can find it in your honorbuddy folder / Logs

9. ssean112

ssean112 New Member

Here it is, hope it helps.

Attached Files:

10. richarddoran

richarddoran New Member

Any chance of it being able to use blizzard when there are a lot of mobs? in instancebuddy it would be doing a lot more dps if it did aoe during the trash pulls. Other than that, it's doing great, managing all the procs just fine. It's fun to watch.

11. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

eventually, i it can be added back in, kinda busy with other things atm. and i dont know about doing "a lot more dps" it would average out about the same in my tests.

12. richarddoran

richarddoran New Member

Yeah, it's not a big deal. I think it would only have a significant impact if say there were 10 or more mobs in a trash pull. In some dungeons, the tank is well geared, and AOE tanks 3-4 packs at a time, and frostbolting one target at a time looks strange to me.

13. Hi on Helium

Hi on Helium New Member

one small bug i found when starting up HB on my frost spec mage, it says "[Isis v1.0]:Current Spec is Shadow." which is my priest CC. HB ends up using Amplify so it all works out in the end, just somthing that confused me at the beginning.

Also, it seems like more priority is given to Arcane Missile when it procs than Ice Lance is given when FoF procs. I'm not sure if this works out better in the higher levels, but at lower levels Ice Lance can hit for around 400 at level 30 while Arcane Missile does 3 x 60damage. If it works out better your way then leave it =)

other than those two small things your CC works amazingly well. Using it with Instance buddy and have gone 10 instances without any complaints.

-HoHv2

note: here are two different logs, one has around 3hours worth of data on it, the other one has around 30min worth. Hope they help

Attached Files:

14. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

ok? i dont get what the issue is.

15. sowbener

sowbener New Member

this cc powns so hard! turned on the freezing spell on water elemental i get let never hit lol takes about 4 sec to kill an mob at lvl 67

16. Frusciante

Frusciante New Member

First of all, this is a super CC!
      The only thing I miss is Ice Barrier. Any chance of it being implemented? :)

17. GraveWalker

GraveWalker New Member

CodenameG, first off let me say this is a wondeful CC man it dose everything I have asked it to do.
      I did see onething thats alitte off I'm not sure if it's a CC or an HB problem. When in a BG, after it kills, or when it's target dies. it takes the bot like 3 to 5 secs. to target its next target. So it stands there for a small amount of time. Well as I'm sure you know this is really not good when your in the mix. So if there is anything that can be dose to speed this up it would make this already good CC great. If not and its a HB problem then well I'll deal with it. If a log is needed I'll get you one. Thanks agian.

18. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

chances are its a little of both, having HB deal with reacquiring a target. maybe some kind of re-target code would work when the mob is dead, but at one point it might get faster with just them updating the honorbuddy codebase.

19. frazer

frazer Member

First thing first, CodenameG, great CC. This is probably the best mage CC I have used yet. I have no complaints.

That said, I am currently in the 30's leveling as frost. I have seen a couple of things that can be changed/implemented/improved.

First, it's been mentioned before, the use of frost nova needs to have a health check or range check early on in the rotation. It tends to do it when the mob has low health.

Next, I have only frost bolt checked as a puller. It does pull with frost bolt about 50-60% of the time. The other times it pulls with arcane missiles. Which for the most part is fine, but on a melee mob, it allows them to reach me faster.

Finally, when it does cast frost nova it jumps to the left. It tends to look botish. It would better if it jumped randomly back, left or right, or even have an option to step backwards a few steps out of melee range instead of the jump.

If you get to these, great. If not, it's not a big deal. Just wanted to add my two cents.

Definite kudos on a great job!

20. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

i dealy what i wanted to do, is have it turn around and run out of range, like 10 yards then face the mob again, and thats code im working on. but in the next release i might just toss back the movement code so it walks backwords, since i think some people are having issues with it. and as far as i know no one has complained about it in the default cc