• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Arcana - Lazyraider/Raidbot Arcane Mage CC

Discussion in 'Archives' started by lathrodectus, Dec 13, 2012.

1. lathrodectus

lathrodectus Member

Hello Scoofz,
      Alter time usage is already waiting for 2 stacks of missiles.
      Glad you topped the meters at LFR.

Hello TehMilkMan,
      Noted. Thanks for the heads up

Hello froggystyle,
      Unfortunately it's a WoW design bug, the floor under the electric dome needs to be fixed by blizz. I'd advice to use Incanter's Ward and make sure it's enabled at Class Config until it's fixed by Blizz.
      CC is spamming Rune of power because you don't have the rune of power buff. However if you still want to use it although it'ss buggy and needs concurrent attention during the fight. Make sure rune is placed inside the electric dome, not intersecting with outer floor. After placing the rune you need to move a little bit to get the buff. That means you can't use the jumping trick also move and lose at least a global each minute.
      PS: Thanks for your support! It's appreciated.

lathrodectus

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
    2. Endus

Endus Community Developer

I deleted my entire Honorbuddy folder, downloaded it and Arcana fresh, and still have the issue. It refuses to use Arcane Missile.

However, you were correct with the cooldown setting. If I set it to "On Boss" it never casts. If I set it to "Never" or "On Cooldown" it will cast.

I'm assuming it's trying to save 2 Arcane Missiles for Alter Time and in doing so is refusing to cast it otherwise?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
    3. lathrodectus

lathrodectus Member

Hello Endus,
      I've checked the issue again and can't see a possible reason.
      Missiles usage is same for "On Boss" and "On Cooldown" except checking if the target is boss so there should be no difference between these two settings.
      Only time CC stops casting missiles is when the Alter time cooldown is about to expire, and this should only fail if you have not yet learned this spell. If that is the case I wont be able to help you as this CC is for 90 level raiding only.
      lathrodectus

New version is out!!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
    4. TehMilkMan

TehMilkMan New Member

same here

5. Messiuh

Messiuh New Member

Same... no arcane missles, no cooldowns on bosses via DungeonBuddy either (i know its made for lazyraider, but :( )

It also doesnt seem to know which way to face.. if for some reason its facing the wrong way, it will spam cast without turning around

6. amputations

amputations Active Member

Messiuh, did you miss the part in the thread-title that says "non-afk"? That may be the answer to why it isnt facing targets for you.

7. TehMilkMan

TehMilkMan New Member

NO arcane missles on normal trash packs...
      arcane missles working well against boss and cooldowns work well too

8. lathrodectus

lathrodectus Member

I'm looking into that.

** Thank you for supplying proper feedback, Defining the exact situation helps a lot.
      This issue is now fixed at 2.1.7

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
    9. TehMilkMan

TehMilkMan New Member

Looking forward to help u improving ur awesome CC!

10. froggystyle

froggystyle New Member

rank top 30 overall on sha of fear gj ;)

11. TehMilkMan

TehMilkMan New Member

MoP Arcane Mage PvE Guide

maybe u can improve the opening even more with this

"Optimal DPS Cycle using Rune of Power

Rune of Power
      Nether Tempest
      Blast x 6
      Nether Tempest
      Activate Macro (Power, use trinkets, profession use abilities, mana gem, alter time, Missiles)
      Missiles Again
      Blast x 1
      Barrage
      (Alter Time reactivates)
      Missiles x 2
      Nether Tempest
      Blast until you get Missiles (max 4 Blasts)
      Missiles
      Nether Tempest
      1-2 more Blasts as long as your mana doesn't go under 80-85%
      Missiles if you got any
      Barrage"

it could be a rotation without scorch as well
      i really would like to test and compare them

12. froggystyle

froggystyle New Member

the rotation is perfect imo .. I'm ranking top 30 on all lfr boss's and 10man encounters. One thing i noticed if you have the 10 charge mana gem it doesnt use them

13. TehMilkMan

TehMilkMan New Member

yeah this is a must have fix

if cd = ready -> use mana gem if mana =< 60% (CD Phase)
      if cd = ready -> use mana gem if mana =< 82% (normal rotation)

14. lathrodectus

lathrodectus Member

TehMilkMan,

Please don't copy paste some handkerchief math rotation from anywhere. I'm aware of these websites guiding on the rotation for the beginners of the class.
      I consider myself a veteran of the class, and however I've gone casual at MoP I've had enough hc raiding experience with my mage during Cata.
      Current rotation is much much complex than that. It's accounting your current mana level, time left for cooldown expires, if selected targets around you in a specific yard, targets around your target in a specific yard.
      Just telling what should be done or how it should be is not helping nor will be considered without the reason and a detailed description of the current situation. If you simply illustrate the problem and the reason why its happening like that. rest assured I'll make a fix about it.
      Next time, please have some common sense before advising anything about the rotation and make sure you are bringing something worth the fuss into the table. Whether be encounter spesific or rotational, don't forget to explain the reason behind the motive.

-Scorch weaving will probably be dead at 5.2 and CC will be revamped for 5.2 with the new rotation.

-Mana Gem is used to negate the mana cost effect of Arcane Power so that u can make more damage aligned with cooldowns. Also CC never gets below 60% mana. I think current lowest peak depending on your intellect is around 75% (although mana pool caps at 300K your mana regen will change this value).

To give you an insight about the context; A combat routine is a priority list with configured conditions. You can't (actually you can) code a sequence and expect a good dps output.
      i.e. Saving missiles for Alter time concept comes with a dilemma, Alter time is best used aligned with other cooldowns, Now if we set a condition to always wait for 2 missile charges, we risk to delay cooldowns in times of unlucky phases.
      This may extend so long that the delay itself becomes a higher dps loss than saving two stacks of missiles. It also has another downside, while saving two stacks of missiles we are also losing possible extra missile procs. and losing our precious mana and downgrading to scorch weaving as a result.
      Currently Cooldown usage is set to a maximum delay of 5 seconds, so you may find CC popping Alter time with two, single or none missile procs. This is debatable, I suspect it may be extented a bit futher. But always delaying cooldowns for double procs would result in a certain dps loss.

lathrodectus

Hello froggystyle,
      I'm glad CC is working out good for you. Last time I checked CC was using the glyphed mana gem. I'll look into that. Fixed at 2.1.8
      If you have any encounter specific improvements on your mind don't hesitate to share them with us.

lathrodectus

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    15. lathrodectus

lathrodectus Member

Revamping this CC for 5.2 at the moment.
      150 downloads on the latest version, not a single comment. This is not really motivating. I'd like to know if its working out good for you, if not please describe the problem.
      What kind of settings would you like to see in the upcoming release? Considering all kinds of requests in a raiding perspective.

I'm also developing a frost/fire PvP Routine with custom hotkeys for different behaviours.
      I need advice on the rotation and any kind of ideas.

lathrodectus

16. froggystyle

froggystyle New Member

current version is amazing id say the lack of comments means its flawless .. im just racking up top 50 pareses with this thing in 25m hardmodes

17. Soeski

Soeski Member

I would like to comment on this routine, but I can't get it to compile for days now.
      Excerpt:
      [18:13:14.782 D] Reloading AssemblyLoader<ICombatRoutine> - [RoutineManager] ReloadRoutineAssemblies called.
      [18:13:15.121 D] System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Het doel van een aanroep heeft een uitzondering veroorzaakt. ---> System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The specified spell could not be found: Arcane Explosion
      bij Styx.CommonBot.SpellCollection.get_Item(String index)
      bij Arcana.Arcane_Mage..ctor() in g:\HonorBuddy\Routines\Arcana\Arcana.cs:regel 59
      --- Einde van intern uitzonderingsstackpad ---
      bij System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
      bij System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
      bij System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
      bij System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
      bij Styx.Common.TypeLoader`1.(Assembly[] )
      bij Styx.Common.TypeLoader`1.Reload()
      bij Styx.Common.TypeLoader`1..ctor(Assembly asm)
      bij Styx.Common.AssemblyLoader`1.Reload(String reason) --> System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The specified spell could not be found: Arcane Explosion
      bij Arcana.Arcane_Mage..ctor() in g:\HonorBuddy\Routines\Arcana\Arcana.cs:regel 59
      [18:13:15.121 D] System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Het doel van een aanroep heeft een uitzondering veroorzaakt. ---> System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The specified spell could not be found: Arcane Explosion
      --- Einde van intern uitzonderingsstackpad ---
      bij System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
      bij System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
      bij System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
      bij System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
      bij Styx.Common.TypeLoader`1.(Assembly[] )
      bij Styx.Common.TypeLoader`1.Reload()
      bij Styx.Common.TypeLoader`1..ctor(Assembly asm)
      bij Styx.Common.AssemblyLoader`1.Reload(String reason) --> System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The specified spell could not be found: Arcane Explosion

18. panacea9

panacea9 New Member

The script works great fyi, so you did a good job.

The ability to pause Rune in the rotation would be helpful when you need to move only for a moment, though I am not sure how practical that is to implement.

19. lathrodectus

lathrodectus Member

Thank you!! It's nice to know CC is working out that great for you. I've just made an improvement on the rotation when we have Alter time buff active. I've observed its wasting a missile proc from time to time.

What's your Wow-Client language? I think CC is not compatible with non-english clients atm. I'll update it with spell Ids on next release if that's the case.

That can be implemented, however I can't think of any situation that may be useful. Can you elaborate the situation that you may need this function please?

20. Soeski

Soeski Member

Just plain English :)