• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Arcana - Lazyraider/Raidbot Arcane Mage CC

Discussion in 'Archives' started by lathrodectus, Dec 13, 2012.

1. lathrodectus

lathrodectus Member

I have replicated same error with a low level mage, which doesn't have the spell Arcane Explosion on the spellbook yet. I hope this isn't the case because Arcana is intended for level 90 raiding only.

2. panacea9

panacea9 New Member

It ends up being a dps loss at times if you know you only really need to move out of aoe for a second and then can move back to your original rune. You could just adjust back and get in another dps ability( other than scorch) and move back rather than have it cast another rune.

Also, it will unsuccessfully cast it when you are not on the ground (bubbled in Stout and on Raigonn in Gate of the Setting Sun when you are dpsing the weak spot for example)

3. nate8282

nate8282 Member Legendary

Thanks for the Routine, it's my favorite so far, i was doing 60k - 64k with fire on a raid dummy, with this i am doing about 68k - 69k, big difference!

4. Soeski

Soeski Member

Well, that's not exactly the case. I was logged in with my Hunter :) So obviously, Arcane Explosion is not in my spellbook.
      I just get the wall of red text every time I load up HB, despite which char is logged on.
      Still, a CR should compile fine, but just not show itself to select it when another Class is logged on?

Tried it with my Mage (Frost/Fire) and same error. So I suspect the CR only compiles when the correct Class+spec is logged on. That's different from all the other CR's.

Sorry to have wasted your time then :)

5. lathrodectus

lathrodectus Member

CC is specificly designed for raiding. However I will add this feature on next release.

Thank you. It's nice to hear CC is working out good delivering nice dps.

CC should not pop in the selection box when logged in with a different class. I've tested this with a hunter and a lock, not showing on my CC selection list also. Are you loading it with a relogger maybe?
      Also CC compiles with all three specs of a mage unless you are low level and missing Arcane Explosion on your spellbook. As I've stated in the OP, this CC requires a Level 90 Mage with mandtory talents/glyphs.
      Please read instructions/OP carefully next time before reporting a bug.

**Still need someone to help me with the new PvP routine.

lathrodectus

6. Soeski

Soeski Member

Thanks for the reply again.
      Unfortunately, it does not matter which toon I have logged on; the CR spams that wall of red text (Arcane Explosion not found) when loading up HB and compiling CR's. If it searches for that spell while compiling, it's logical the error comes up...
      Will test with the 90 mage later on.

7. trialbuddy

trialbuddy New Member

Hi, it works great but I have a request to improve my dps.
      Could you please look if you can switch priorities to these : ARCANE MAGE ?

I use Living Bomb but your cc doesn't cast it at all.
      I won't argue about what is the best bombe to use with an arcane mage, but it would be great if you could make it cast any.

Oh and the inge gloves <3 that's very smart !

I'll test it further to see what could be improved. My ilvl is 470 and I make 70k dps by hand 60k with the cc.

Cheers

8. amputations

amputations Active Member

This CC is made for end-game raiding, so I assume you'd have to load it up with a 90-mage in order for it to work completely? :D

9. lathrodectus

lathrodectus Member

Hello trialbuddy,
      Arcana is using scorch weaving as it is slightly superior to barrage discharge rotation at the moment. However it seems like with 5.2 this will be nerfed and CR will be updated to use simulationcraft rotation.
      Since I couldn't find any way to track Rune of Power cooldown yet it's not possible to evaluate this into the rotation as simulationcraft does.
      CR is supposed to use Living Bomb too, and it was using it last time I checked. I will look into this and report back. Checked and its using Living Bomb. Make sure you restart the bot after you respec.

About the DPS, I dont believe you can outdp the CR with barrage discharge at the moment, however arcane mage dps is purely dependant on missile procs thats why it has a wide variance.
      Which botbase are you using?
      Whats your dps over 7.5 minutes? have you crosschecked your missile damage portion over your total damage on these tests?
      It would be great if you can post some skada/recount parses of your manual damage and Arcana damage.

Good luck with your mage.

lathrodectus

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
    10. trialbuddy

trialbuddy New Member

I believe it's because it doesn't casted my LB which was a huge DPS loss.
      Who talked about AB ? I wave scorch while movin ...
      Check if the rune of power aura is on to cast a new one is good but it loses DPS when you have to move for 3-5 seconds and go back. It will cast a RoP for nothing, but yeah, still very god job done there.
      I'm using LazyRaider, should I try another one ?
      As soon as I get back into a raid, I'll post recounts

11. trialbuddy

trialbuddy New Member

Oh didn't think of that I might have changed after lounching the bot

12. lathrodectus

lathrodectus Member

As a rule of thumb you should always restart HB with talent changes unless otherwise indicated.

Rotation on the link you provided is discharging Arcane Charges with Arcane Barrage. It's you who posted the link for the rotation thus you talked about it.
      If you were not aware of the rotation used on your link maybe you should not have posted it?

In a nutshell, scorch weaving is not about moving but a rotation practice, which differs from standart Arcane Barrage discharge where you fish Missiles procs with scorch when you are low on mana.
      Arcana is using scorch weaving rotation currently which, again is superior to Arcane Barrage discharge at the moment.

I appreciate your endeavor on the current rotation but judging on your feedback it feels like you need to search more about current arcane mage situation.

Thanks and good luck with your arcane mage.

13. swgplaya09

swgplaya09 Member

Hey,

1st off, ive been using your CC since it came out, and ive been silent, Im sorry, but i just....its been great, best cc ive ever used.

I noticed that It said Mana Gem is fixed, but I just downloaded the brand new one, fresh install, default GUI. and ran it on target dummy for 20 mins, and it never used one:( I went ahead and pre made them and tried again, and no luck..ill attach my log, idk if it will help you any, but let me know.

Thanks for the wonderful CC!!!!
      View attachment 2188 2013-01-02 18.58.txt

14. Endus

Endus Community Developer

I didn't look at your log but I think it only casts Mana Gem when using cooldowns (Arcane Power). If you have your cooldowns set to "Boss Only" then it'll never use it against a dummy. Just a heads up. :)

15. swgplaya09

swgplaya09 Member

Yah i have it set on boss only:(

16. swgplaya09

swgplaya09 Member

Error: On elegon in MSV, if you are using Rune of Power in the shape shifted phase, the bot gets confused and casts rune of power over and over, if u step out its fine.

To fix it i switched to incanters aura. it does fine

but rune is screwed up, maybe it cant detect it cuz of the shape shift buff?

17. trialbuddy

trialbuddy New Member

givin up

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
    18. lathrodectus

lathrodectus Member

Hello swgplaya09,
      Thanks for your kind words, It's great to hear CR is working good for you.
      As Endus stated CR uses Mana Gem only aligned with Arcane Power to maintain better dps on this phase. Cooldown setting should be set to "On Cooldown" or "Boss". Glyph of loose mana is mandatory as stated at OP.
      CR should use Mana Gem against a "Raider"s Training Dummy", skull level one. (tested and its using both glyphed/unglyphed gems)
      My intensive testing showed me it is superior in terms of DPS gain to use Mana Gem aligned with Arcane Power. However If you have further proof / theorycraft on Mana Gem usage I'd be happy to hear it though.
      Elegon fight has been discussed in this thread, please check backwards and read my explanation. In a nutshell; It's a blizzard bug not associated with HB or CR.

lathrodectus

@trialbuddy
      [​IMG]

19. Dotfix

Dotfix New Member

Alright.

After testing this and doing the rotation myself flawlessly afterwards, I managed to get 5-7k more DPS than this tool on a dummy over a period of 6 minutes.

Things I've noticed:
      - It sometimes lets Living Bomb run out before refreshing.
      - It's not using Mana Gem for some reason (glyph of loose mana & the mana gem glyph)
      - It's using Arcane Missiles when 1 stack too often, capping my mana before it's even done
      - It's refreshing Rune of Power once it's gone instead of 2 seconds before. There is, sadly, no workaround for this.
      - During charging (going from 0-6 stacks) it's not using Arcane Missiles even if 2 stacks are available; it's prioritizing getting 6 charges rather than not capping Arcane Missile.

Apart from that it's doing its job. I'm wondering though, if this thing is slower than a regular player? Pretending the above issues I just mentioned was fixed, I highly doubt it would bring back those 5-7k DPS; which leads me to think that the bot is reacting a little bit slower than a player, due to not queuing any spells.

I was using this with LazyRaider.
      Would it make any difference if I switched to RaidBot?

20. lathrodectus

lathrodectus Member

Hello Dotfix,

- I'll investigate this. Did you noted what's casted rather than LB during these times? Also whats casted prior?
      - Mana Gem usage is discussed and explained before on this thread.
      - This may be due to Arcane Missiles is prioritised when Arcane Charges are about to expire.
      - As you said so, theres currently no workaround for this HB api is unable to retrieve RoP timer yet. (there is a thread at developer forum about it)
      - Its actually not saving missiles during before building archane charge, its saving them for Alter time.

You are wrong about bot reacting slower than a player. Using a lightweight CR like this bot is reacting faster than a player. Actually this is the case why I'm unable to maintain a higher overall mana percent.
      i.e. Between the time an Arcane Blast cast is finished and Mana cost of Arcane Blast is subtracted, there's a slight delay unfortunately bot is reacting much much faster than this interval and registering mana before the last cast's cost is subtracted from your mana pool. This is also the case with arcane charges, rune of power buff, DoT debuffs etc.
      Only solution that comes to my mind is having internal timers and syncronising them with the client in a set interval, However mana pool workaround is a bit more complicated than that.

I can not comment about botbase selection as I haven't done intensive comparative testing. That requires at least 100x dps test for each botbase to have a meaningful data.

About the DPS on a dummy, have you cross referenced your Arcane Missiles damage ratios on both cases?
      If so would you please share the results with me? That would help to improve the CR further.

lathrodectus