• Visit Honorbuddy
  • Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Demonbuddy
  • Visit Exilebuddy
  • Visit Hearthbuddy
  • Visit Pokefarmer
  • Visit Buddystore

Archebuddy and its future price model

Discussion in 'Archebuddy Forum' started by bossland, Aug 21, 2016.

1. bossland

bossland Administrator

Greetings Buddies,

this is one of the products, here at Buddybots, with a dedicated developer that works on daily basis.

However it seems like the bot itself is in a niche, that does not pay out the costs invested.

Our plan until 2016 is the following:

1. We reworked the price model, there are no Lifetimes anylonger, only monthly and yearly payments.
    2. At the end of the year we will evaluate our decision.

And then there would be some options to chose from, either discontinue the bot or continue with the monthly/yearly payments or do a mix of it and discontinue lifetime sessions to force new purchases that could carry the development costs.

Bossland & discuss

2. Out

Out New Member Buddy Core Dev Buddy Store Developer

Also updated "questing plugin 1-50" which will in future support new races "AA 3.0" and have different fixes, will be published as a free plugin within next week.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2016
  3. Adavam

Adavam New Member

I'd gladly do the pay yearly option.

4. runes911

runes911 New Member

So those of us who paid for a lifetime will no longer have a lifetime or do we get grandfathered in?

5. MrMeow

MrMeow New Member

Will we be able to keep the lifetime session we already have for those whom bought the lifetime session already? or will our lifetime session be revoked?

6. spicedwolf

spicedwolf New Member

Will the current lifetime members' subscriptions be left alone or will they be converted to the yearly plans? :eek:

7. TehMorbid

TehMorbid Member

I would hope that current lifetime subscribers would continue to have the lifetime bot they paid for to begin with, otherwise lifetime was never lifetime to begin with. I very much so understand that buddy has taken a hit as of recently and is having a hard time rolling with the punches, however we've already lost Exilebuddy lifetime when we were given the ultimatum that we either take the hit and and convert our keys over to another bot and repurchase on the new subscription model or allow the bot to be shut down itself and lose either way.

8. OneWhoIsBald

OneWhoIsBald New Member

More than likely the same ultimatum roll with the change or lose access. Lifetime generally isn't lifetime anymore. It's akin to saying I want to buy one tub of icecream and get all the flavors no matter what changes or new flavors will be developed. I sincerely doubt even with ALL the lifetime subs it's not enough to maintain server costs and time invested etc.

I don't believe there's an alternative to force the dev's hand. You go with AB or nothing in a nut shell. Personally I stopped using just too many ban hammers to make it worth the while but was happy to buy the lifetime and support mod dev's etc. I had fun still like to see what goes on here in forums.

9. fanteg

fanteg New Member

I wanna know exactly what will happen with "lifetime" keys to discuss further. Also, will paid quester refunded somehow?

10. nomuchmore

nomuchmore New Member

yesterday I logged AB "Done . Receive info about 0 buddy store plugins , but I have 2 plugin

I try to log in buddyauth key turns AB disappear , why appear Honnorbuddy never buy honnorbuddy ,

3 months after they were alright
    i have 3 sessions and 1 session archebuddy

11. stirling2155

stirling2155 New Member

Yeah, if you force people who have paid for a lifetime key to pay monthly/yearly, I'm definitely not using this anymore.

12. lalakis7

lalakis7 New Member

the monthly price is expensive for someone who want to have multiple keys but they yearly price propably a lot will pay. the bad is that gold price is very low and i personaly dont think that the money you give + the time you spend give you a good profit( with the plugins that already exist for public).

13. WTFAB

WTFAB New Member

@BOSSLAND ARCHEBUDDY WOULD BE PROFITABLE IF YOUR PAYMENT PROCESSOR WORKED!!! I TRIED MANY TIMES TO PURCHASE FROM YOUR SITE AND GOT FAILURES. I had to purchase my keys from a third party.
    SO FIX YOUR SHIT AND ARCHEBUDDY MIGHT GET PROFITABLE

If my 3 lifetime keys are no longer life time keys ill never purchase a buddy product again

14. awxid

awxid New Member

lol do I understand my lifetime keys will "un-lifetime-ify" theirself and I will need to buy again? rofl bye..

15. elec92

elec92 New Member

так что в итоге с пожизненными сессиями?

16. Jacob123

Jacob123 New Member

thinking of playing Archeage again with 3.0, does the old lifetime access work now?

17. Mitryy

Mitryy New Member

If my 3 lifetime keys are no longer life time keys ill never purchase a buddy product again....

Whatever, I can understand you need money..but then just don't sell lifetime from the start. At least give lifetime users 1 year free or something like that.

I'm going to play with 3.0, if you want to make monthly/year payments I suggest you to start working on the bot to make it 100% undetectable right now. Because if we're paying you every month, we want a quality product. And not all those bans for client detection.

18. pzebra

pzebra New Member

You guys will kill the plugin market unless you allow plugin devs to charge monthly.... for the EXACT same reason you have changed your model. You know its not sustainable so you have changed to a monthly billing. Same applies for your devs, unless you allow them to join in the same model, you are going to kill your own product when devs stop developing because they are stuck on an old pricing model that doesnt make it worth their while.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  19. memothegreat

memothegreat New Member

i think Archebuddy rip soon

20. Turdmagnet

Turdmagnet New Member

If my two life time keys are just suddenly taken from me after paying for life time with 0 compensation I won't be buying another buddy product for awhile. Will I be back? Probably, as will most of your customers but that's a REALLY sour taste to put in someone's mouth. Yea, we all know our lifetime keys were cheap as HELL in the grand scheme of things but that's the product YOU presented before us.

I would be ok with you guys saying you need to make the lifetime keys into 1 year keys and then you need to start paying after that. Your 1 year key for other games looks to be the same price as your life time key was so I think that's an agreeable way for you guys to say "Listen, we need more money, but don't want to totally F*CK you over"