• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Are you embarrassed of botting?

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by WildGrowth, Mar 25, 2015.

1. ThatOneDude

ThatOneDude Banned

Actually it's the exact opposite, I've been at the point of not caring for the last 2 years, before that I knew what I was doing in the raid department, but even back then I still refused to waste my life picking herbs for 8 hours, and I've also always despised leveling.

Threads like this brought up this concept to me, and this may explain a few occurrences I've seen in 10 years of WoW.

I'm sorry, but "more fun to focus on the mechanics" made me laugh. You're actually trying to tell me you need to focus on this games hilariously easy mechanics. This isn't classic, you don't have to get 40 people moving clockwise around C'thun almost perfectly in formation as to not wipe the raid, which even that's not that hard, it's only harder by comparison, or maybe due to that being new back then.

If you're using a bot to raid anything higher than AFK LFR, I think it's time to play something else.

I realize I'm coming across as a 'hater' (I dislike that term), I don't mean to, I'm just genuinely surprised, and the ex-raider in me does laugh though.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    2. eur0thug

eur0thug New Member

Im way too old to be embarrassed of botting in a video game.. im 31 with kids... dont have time to level multiple characters or grind honor all day... barely have time to cap arena..

3. phant0m

phant0m New Member

Only when I read the forums...

4. Igor2

Igor2 New Member

What's the point in paying for this game if you don't even want to play it yourself? Aside from getting 90-100 I've hardly logged in more than a few hours a week, and that has been to play a few arena games when my mates are on. I just can't see the need to bot now that everything is handed to us on a silver plate.

5. smellymoose

smellymoose Member

Not embarassed at all, I use honorbuddy for almost everything, I reap the e-peen rewards and congratulations when secretly my little buddy is doing it all!
      It's saved me a hell of a lot of time and given me much more appreciated time with my friends and family, it's not embarassing, but it's purely enriched my own life and wow life tenfold.

I wish there was a little secret handshake between fellow HB'ers though so you could know just how many were using it in your guild too :)

6. Toofastforyou

Toofastforyou Member

the point is that some people actually have lives.. you know job, kids, things that are deemed more important then spending countless of hours on a video game like most kids who get the chance.. i would rather continue to make the amazing money i do at my job rather then spending the countless hours on the game that i could be working instead.. and if i can use a program such as HB to play it for me while i'm at work then i'm am going to use it to my advantage so when i get home i have what i need like gear, gold, mounts etc. The game itself is fun but i don't have the man hours to keep up with grinding new gear every exp.

7. tumms

tumms New Member

I do arenas with some close RL friends. They know I have a bot, but I don't readily admit to using it. When I have to wait for a new update on patch day I play by hand and do well, but not as well as with the CR. I guess I am sort of embarrassed in that I would rather pride myself in just being a badass but at the end of the day I don't have the time to practice and train my muscle memory for 2k+ arena matches.

8. Sokoo

Sokoo New Member

No I will laugh and sit on your face if my rogues rapes your ass with a combat routine. And I will probably keep rubbing it into your face untill you decide to delete WoW/all characters cause you are that bad that a bot owns your ass in competitive play.

9. mishrathium

mishrathium New Member

Only thing that embarrasses me is how much of my life I wasted playing video games instead of botting them.

10. face21

face21 Member

So you're a moron who can't pick flowers? I mean thats the same logic you're using.

11. ThatOneDude

ThatOneDude Banned

No, it's not.

Bad players are admitting they need to use it for rotations.

I choose to bot instead of farming for hours.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    12. ZoneHunter

ZoneHunter Member

Nope, its simply a tool to make my life easier nothing more nothing less.

13. Lipstick

Lipstick Member

Well, I can easily learn the rotations myself but don't bother doing so because I don't need to. I raided hardcore in vanilla (Only up to flaskwerk), TBC and for the first half of WotLK and was 2,2k+ in both TBC and WotLK (not amazing but it's something). Quit, came back, played manually for a while until I discovered Honorbuddy in MoP. Realized how relaxed and fun it is to be able to see the encounter and enjoy the Teamspeak more vividly with aid; this really was never a problem in vanilla because of the massive waittimes in between all the encounters/wipes. I have the potential to play all and any class at peak. Doing so requires research, time, et cetera. Which I'm not willing to put into it anymore. One may need to use CR, but for different reasons. Until you know those reasons you can't really call them/us morons without being one yourself. Investigate every persons reason for needing CR, before you call them retards.

14. mrarmyman

mrarmyman New Member

Been playing this game since forever and feel the same way. When it comes to pvp, this game is about how many key bindings you can handle. It gets more and more ridiculous every expansion.Hence people using CR to remove some of the boring parts of the game.

15. distiny

distiny Member

I choose to let my bot beat your dps and enjoy the game (aka RL friends on skype) rather then pushing the same 5 buttons every few seconds.
      Problem ?

16. frosticus

frosticus Community Developer

this is 2015, game is old, id rather let the math play my toon.

17. notadouche

notadouche New Member

I am not embarrassed at all and I use it for Arena. I would like to be able to get a good rating manually but alas, I simply can't compete with the younger crowd. I can't manage my rotation while paying attention to my surroudings. I have a competitive spirit and HB gives me an edge to be able to compete at a decent level without requiring fast reflexes and whatnot. Is it fair for others? Of course not. Do I care? Not at all. I play to have fun and being around 2000-2200 cr rating shouldn't impact much at all.

18. Gentoo

Gentoo Active Member

The people in this thread are rather embarrassing.

19. happyfriet

happyfriet Active Member

*winks shyly at Gentoo*

20. Mydruid

Mydruid New Member

Guys a custom routine will never ever be able to compete with a player who really knows what they are doing. It is not possible.