• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Ban Theories and Ban Waves

Discussion in 'Ban Section - Ban Reports' started by Hawker, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member Buddy Core Dev

Don't panic.

If you see over 1000 ban reports in a one day period, you are looking at a banwave. Less than that, its bad luck. Please do not make posts with "banwave" in the title. If there is an issue, our tripwire will have killed all connected bots and we will have posted what information we have.

There are thousands of Demonbuddy users and tens of millions of Diablo players so the single biggest factor in getting banned is random bad luck. Please keep that in mind when you see people say that they bot 24/7 for weeks at a time and have no bans. They might be lucky. Please also keep it in mind when you see someone say they botted 10 minutes and got banned. They might have been unlucky. Other factors like being reported, or having used hacks, or abused the RMAH may be present but the single biggest thing that causes a ban is random bad luck.

We do want people to report bans and if you have been banned, we are sorry for your loss. Please use this form: http://www.thebuddyforum.com/demonb...9422-form-demonbuddy-suspension-ban-form.html

Feel free to post theories about bans and ideas on avoiding bans in this thread. Please keep the conversation civil; trolling will not be tolerated.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2012
    2. zippysticks

zippysticks New Member

This "tripwire" you are talking about, does it close DB and Diablo 3? Or does it just press stop? I'm asking because there are some plugins that auto stops/starts at intervals to make it afk and prevent it from getting stuck.

3. carly

carly New Member

I think it will kill the deamonbuddy session so that you can not login anymore.

4. yoky

yoky New Member

did everyone who got banned got more than 100m from monster?
      from what i read so far who got banned are 24/7 and/or likely to get more 100m
      i mean it impossible for human to farm 100m right?

5. nucleotides

nucleotides Active Member

There is an achievement to farm 100mil called "The one percent." My guess a lot of these people got hit based on mostly having multiple accounts running on the same computer. Simply being on 24/7 means nothing in this game tbh. I sat for the last 8 hours in the hidden camp afk with no DC. The only way that they'd catch people for being on 24/7 would be if they had a script to see if that person was actually doing something in game instead of just sitting. This is also a really good way to get up your play time if you subscribe to the whole gold per hour online theory.

6. Hellcom

Hellcom New Member

Been reading up on this both here and on other forums, so this quote is just my take on it.

Anyhow, to the best of my understanding the bans are semi-manual and they only go after you if you are online AND botting at the time they check. I'm personally just giving my buddy a couple of days rest until some more people get banned so we can have some more information.

7. tifreak

tifreak New Member

you are epic *fail* ...

give us better instruments, f.ex. relogger which works fine for more than 1 account and with a working schedule methode... i want to see, that u can handel 15+ accs at the same time. Next thing is, that we need better profile methods to switch act?s adnd quests. its the same with hb in the past, so functions must come from the community with plugins... atm db is a useless bot which can farm but nothing more...

8. Gusgus

Gusgus New Member

A bot who can farm alot is not useless...

9. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member Buddy Core Dev

We use the same tool for Honorbuddy and Demonbuddy - Arelog: http://www.thebuddyforum.com/releases/30506-arelog-simple-free-relogger-buddy-products.html

You are correct that Demonbuddy is only useful for farming. Perhaps we should think about adding toenail clipping and unicycling?

10. KiLLian

KiLLian Member

11. tifreak

tifreak New Member

Arelog works if u activate the option "Remeber Accdata" but u can activate that, it will only save 1 shit accname. i tried to make multiple copies of d3 folders but everytime it saves only 1 emailadress in the accdata field. And i wont speak about the schedule option... that doenst work correct...

Tell me how we can manage multiple clients? if i start DB then i fell if i run into a knife and i can wait for a ban because over the day i go to work and i cant made pause after few hours for xx minutes... i hope it will be fix soon. We need more security features for us...

My wish is that we get more support from the official developers of Demonbuddy especially for security plugins or tools. Blizzard goes frenzy mode and we have no options to protect us...

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
    12. qztr

qztr Active Member

No one is forcing you to bot when you're at work? Get a simple piece of software that shutsdown your computer after xx hours? Problem solved.

13. Epics

Epics New Member

Wrong. If you set it up right, it works a charm.

It's pretty straight forward, I'm launching three Diablo. Again, if you look at the features more closely, you'll find everything that you just posted here is quite silly considering it has already all been implemented into ARelog.

14. Gentoo

Gentoo Active Member

15. jack99

jack99 New Member

Go whine moar somewhere else.

16. bobjoeb

bobjoeb New Member

Just my 2 cents looking at the reports. I think blizzard is using a script to catch people botting less so by watching individual games or a specific locations but by catching people selling/salvaging things at inhuman speeds. I just noticed my bot salvaging items and he essentially scraps his entire inventory in 1 second. Its really easy to catch people botting if they look at this one trait since its impossible to do as a human.

Just asking those who got banned what loot file they run and we should get a clear picture on what warden is looking for.

17. Mr Ekko

Mr Ekko New Member

Confirmed. A-Relog doesn't work for me either!

18. tifreak

tifreak New Member

Yes! Arelog doenst work fine! no method to made schedules and it would be very nice, if we get an option to made random times for run profile 1 (myb Act1 inferno sarkoth enable plugins xxx) then switch profil 3-7-3 nightmare (and activate plugins xxx) and switch profile 3. After each profile make xx minutes pause and repeat with random 1/2/3 profile. Thats the key i think to avoid the banscript

19. evilepyn

evilepyn New Member

so as i can see, its doesnt matter if you bot 24/7 or 10 hour a day. i think its about salvaging or something else...

20. janne123

janne123 New Member

The only thing that's confirmed is your inability to make it work. It works like a charm.