• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Ban Theories and Ban Waves

Discussion in 'Ban Section - Ban Reports' started by Hawker, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Izque

Izque New Member

DB clicks button using injected code to call the click handler.
      Client checks if the mouse is actually on the button.
      If no, account is added the list of suspected bots to be further investigated.

2. thatonemonk

thatonemonk New Member

ok so I did a little more digging and I'm awake now. I think that item is being logged with auto switch for monk sweeping wind snapshot. It doesn't make sense that it shows as picking that item up though...

3. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member Buddy Core Dev

I have to say that this forum has gotten awfully quiet. I wonder if there are a few bans being stored up to scare people sometime in February.

4. jodum

jodum New Member

Conclusion: blizzard knows about botters and ban them randomly, never 100% of botters at once (uhm, maybe they wanted to have fun and showed what they can REALLY do on 18.12.2012, but still it wasnt 100% for sure).
      Anyway its still not a 100% sure info and we don't really know, so why bother thinking about it over and over again! :)

5. vysachko

vysachko New Member

wow when u play do u use skills with mouse i am doing it with 1 2 3 4 5 :D

6. TrollsToDeath

TrollsToDeath New Member

i think he means checking that it isnt a sendkey() command. Ive heard its possible to check the device driver that is clicking to make sure its "real". (or something like that)
      if someone knows, feel free to correct me

7. nahil

nahil New Member

If you want to be safe in boting:

- Block blizzard raports in windows firewall
      - Create your own profile with your own cords (yea i know, you have to spend a bit time on it)
      - Try to use only NEEDED plugins
      - Clear your friend list, be sure you have played on public games long long time ago
      - Do not make rmah auction on your botting account (afair they checking accounts)
      - If you have good friends (we're boting as 3 ppl on 5 accounts) and you want to transfer your gold to mule - shuffle through the chars.

We're boting 16h/day, didn't catched yet.

8. sysexdata

sysexdata New Member

just got a 1 day trial to test it out, and i've been watching my game and noticed my monk attacking an invisible mob. i went back and took a screenshot on another character of where it is. A3 The keep Depths Level 2 (the breach area) is where it was, as seen in the screen shot

http://i.imgur.com/K9GWOFq.jpg

has anyone had this issue before? should i be worried?

9. renangalo

renangalo New Member

How do you block blizzard raports in windows firewall? I have 5 "Battle.net update agent" and 2 "blizzard agente" on the list... how to know wich one to block?

10. TrollsToDeath

TrollsToDeath New Member

ive never seen it yet, but imo there's loads of ways to accidentally kill an invisible mob. How much life did it have?

My first barb got banned quite quickly, but i believe it was because of the amount of crashes and weird messages i sometimes got. But ill go with what nearly everyone says, once you started botting your already flagged, so go hard.

11. Idar1

Idar1 New Member

noticed something similar. tower of the cursed level 1: there is a destructible pillar next to the wp. my Bot attacks it, yet it remains. when I manually attack it, it is destroyed. Noticed this every time bot runs tower of the cursed level 2.

12. Nadd

Nadd New Member

Hey, I noticed that demonbuddy can change mp level without even activating it in the options, maybe this is trackable or what do you think?

13. willc86

willc86 New Member

ive gotten invisible mobs before. I also gotten something in act which is quite weird, an area of the map where monsters spawn non stop and I get no experience. The bot was stuck there for hours and no where to move just attacking these worthless monsters

14. treckin

treckin New Member

15. vershka

vershka New Member

Treckin BE CAREFULL! You forgot mouse cable! Blizz will get you throught it!!! :D

16. spaw00n

spaw00n New Member

Ban bots immediately not profitable for Blizzard. How many accounts they will sell again, if people will think botting is safe?

17. Nam3

Nam3 New Member

Sorry, I disagree.
      Activision-Blizzard is an estimated $5,000,000,000 annual gross income company. That's $5 billion dollars. What $5bil corporation would risk their reputation to gain a couple fractions of a percent of their annual income?
      We're talking like 0.0025% of their GDP to ruin their reputation. If their reputation goes, so do the sales to the average joe, who they care about and make up more of the marketplace. You understand?
      If they could ban every botter with the push of a button, they would. They would probably push it every day even if no one is botting just to be safe.

Edit; Proof is they try to take bot makers to court.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
    18. treckin

treckin New Member

Mwah, they'll never get me, if you look close I wrapped my chair and everything, mwahahaha!

19. spaw00n

spaw00n New Member

I have no information how many people use bots. According to the forum, the number of registered users and the percentage of those under demonbuddy, we can assume that about 10,000 people use at least one bot. Correspondingly, they paid 300,000$ to Blizzard, this is not 0.0025% ...

a calculation from a head, as the figure on the state of Blizzard ...

20. Nam3

Nam3 New Member

You're right, it's not 0.0025%. Using your numbers lets do the math;

300 000 / 5 000 000 000 = 0.00006

0.006% of their gross income.

Robert Kotick, president and CEO of Activision-Blizzard makes that much money in a week. This is not very much money to them.

Yes, ok, I understand botters in diablo 3 can bring millions of dollars in for blizzard. They are not a million dollar company, they are a BILLION dollar company. Yes millions may seem like a lot, but it is not that much to them, If everyone looks at blizzard and says "Everyone bots, and cheats in their games I'm not going to play or buy them." All of a sudden, their big cash cow of a company goes bye-bye. People who play the game, which outnumber botters substantially, no longer give blizzard money. They end up risking and loosing billions for millions. You understand? Not worth it.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013