• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Ban Theories and Ban Waves

Discussion in 'Ban Section - Ban Reports' started by Hawker, Jul 4, 2012.

1. zorked

zorked New Member

I think this wave will pulse a few times :p
      If you did not get banned, be prepared to be so soon.

2. sunwind

sunwind New Member

They banned me a mule, but not banned bot, why? Obviously they know about my bot.
      Working bot for them profitable, he gets items and puts them into circulation on the market, Blizzard get with this percentage.Of course in the end he will get ban is only a matter of time, thus they will understand that it is beneficial to have a bot but please Spend money for a new account.
      A mule is a burden, it does not bring them profit money

3. Innit

Innit New Member

Has anyone from the most recent wave been banned only using one bot? Could be that multiple clients from same IP are being investigated.

4. JasonBourne

JasonBourne New Member

Blizzard announced they are moving a lot of people from Titan to D3.

Blizzard delays unannounced MMO until 2016, resets whole project (exclusive) | GamesBeat

They actually have the personnel to deal with botters now, unlike the past 6 months.

Expect a lot more bans.

Blizzard delays unannounced MMO until 2016, resets whole project (exclusive)
      Read more at Blizzard delays unannounced MMO until 2016, resets whole project (exclusive) | GamesBeat

Posted on May 28, 2013 3:46 PM by Dean Takahashi.

Practically the same day the banhammer hit.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
    5. zorked

zorked New Member

That was my first impression, too. But if you think about it, it makes no sense whatsoever. Who got shifted? Devs. Devs don't do the banning. They pretty much sit in their office thinking about what can be changed to make the game successful, order programmers to do this and that. Maybe the fact that they shifted devs to D3 brought the idea of another banwave on it's track. But don't think devs would go as low as to investigate accounts for bot behaviour :D
      I'm quite thrilled if my test bot will be banned the next aintenance :D

6. teh_enforcer

teh_enforcer New Member

I only use one bot for about 3 months now and I didnt get banned. Botting pretty much 24/7 unsupervised.

7. ahren753

ahren753 New Member

Hello all after 9 long years I am back to the botting community. I have some outdated information that may be helpful, take it as you will. About 10 years ago my brother worked for blizzard not directly with banning but after he stopped working there he shared information with me about botting.

Reminder all of this information is about botting during Diablo 2, 10 years ago. There were only 3 ways that he heard of detecting bots.

• Back then there were numerous MF bots and most of them were detectable by blizzard the second they attached them self to D2. How they were detected? He did not know.

• The ones that werent detected right off the bat usually were found by movements in town. If an account used the identical pathing in town a large amount of times it was flagged.

• The 3rd method was if an account played for a large amount of time and did not talk in any way it was flagged. (he said when account got flagged it was "investigated further" how? he did not know)

He said there were additional ways to detect bots, but he never knew. Even back then he said basically all bots were detected by blizzard the second they attached them self to D2. But he said only small numbers of them were banned in increments. He did not know why all bots were not banned the second they were detected.

Like I said before this info is 10 years old and about D2, so take it or leave it.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
    8. quadrotony

quadrotony New Member

so if i use yar and bot attached to d3 BEFORE login into the diablo 3

i am safe

9. ahren753

ahren753 New Member

I am not sure if order mattered.

10. quadrotony

quadrotony New Member

i think mattered
      because attaching to diablo 3 3rd party programs can track only in online mode

11. ahren753

ahren753 New Member

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
      "Play nice; Play fair." It's one of Blizzard Entertainment's core values, and it's something we take very seriously.

Over the last year, we've issued frequent rounds of account bans for cheating in Diablo III, and we've just issued another. While we may not mention each round of account bans when they occur, we have and will continue to monitor Diablo III for exploitative behavior and take action as needed in order to help preserve the integrity of the game.

As a reminder, we do not permit the use of hacks, bots, or other third-party software in conjunction with Diablo III. While many of the programs intended for use with the game are actually cheat programs and automation programs ("bots") that exploit Diablo III's mechanics and provide players with an unfair advantage,"third-party software" also refers to any file or program that attempts to:
      Obtain information about Diablo III that's not normally available to the player
      Transmit or modify the Diablo III game files
      Provide access to features or abilities beyond what is allowed by the game's design
      Change how Diablo III interacts with Battle.net
      As we?ve noted before, using this type of software not only undermines the spirit of the game, but can result in a permanent ban -- and no Nephalem wants to be remembered by their dishonorable deeds within Sanctuary. Not only that, but third-party programs can cause nasty technical problems, game-related bugs, and stability and performance issues with Battle.net . . . all of which can greatly impact your gaming experience as well as the gaming experience of others. This is why it's important for us to make sure that players battle the forces of the Burning Hells on their merits, with an unaltered game client.
      So play nice, and play fair, and keep on giving those demons hell!
      For more information on our Diablo III Exploitation Policy, please refer to our Customer Support site. If you believe you have information pertaining to a hack or bot, make sure to let us know by contacting our Hacks team at Hacks@Blizzard.com.

uh i dont see any ban reports aside from people using speed hack. they said they just issued another ban wave. has anyone been banned that isnt using speed hack?

Diablo III Players Banned Update - Diablo III

thats link to original post. posted yesterday.

12. James Galloway

James Galloway New Member

Hmm, this is interesting. Does anyone know of a plugin that randomizes in town movement patterns to avoid this?

13. zorked

zorked New Member

townrun movement is completely handled by DB. As far as I know.

14. JoshYoJoshYo

JoshYoJoshYo New Member

This information is about D2, not D3...

15. mutchio

mutchio New Member

All i can say, is i started with botting since january. It works REALLY great!

I have never been banned, running 6 bots at the same time on the same computer, using RMAH, Using YAR, Trinity and a "secret" profile.

I found one CRAZY EF with 1226,8 dps, 95% CD socked 0,25 AS 14 % fear, and sold it vs. 37 BILION gold, and sold the gold after that, to a japanees guy.

So now i'm expanding with more bot's. THIS IS FUCKING AWSOME! ;)

THANK YOU DEAMONBUDDY, you make me rich :D

16. ahren753

ahren753 New Member

I have no luck... been running DB for a very long time pretty much 24/7 still never found anything worth more then 800m. I have horrible luck.

But grats!

17. mutchio

mutchio New Member

I have found LOADS of gear worth 2 b ++++

18. Dbuddy

Dbuddy Member

anyone checked server status in the last time?

US actually got maintenance - EU is up.
      I think EU didn't even have maintenance last week? but tonight?

i guess the time and the longer maintenance fits for a new banwave end of this week, probably friday. (last banwaves always happened at night around friday/thursday)
      and the last banwaves happened every ~4 weeks.

19. J3M

J3M New Member

Last ban, main account banned, the reason is because the warden records ip from pc and to stop the bot and enter the main is recorded in its files have been answered in support ...

20. Kevin Spacey

Kevin Spacey Community Developer

remember - december is coming...