Demonbuddy for Season 16 released, updates.buddyauth.com !
  • Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Demonbuddy

Ban Theories and Ban Waves

Discussion in 'Ban Section - Ban Reports' started by Hawker, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Hellcom

Hellcom New Member

Some people bot for years 24/7 and no ban.

2. remtownloljk

remtownloljk New Member

its more that we know how to instantly get off the hook once the shit hits the fan.

botted d3 24/7 since demonbuddy was released and before, been banned 5 times, im still currently botting 24/7 on same account today :p

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  3. djdirt

djdirt New Member

banned 5 times and still using same account how?

4. HeyHoLetsGo

HeyHoLetsGo New Member

how? o_O

5. BuddyHunter

BuddyHunter New Member

Should we be using this on the day of a patch/maintenance? Just curious. I turned mine off last night about 12 hours prior. I miss those sweet Legendaries :)

6. genja

genja New Member

i can confirm this personally. their banning seems kinda arbitrary... somebody i know got banned on his main after using db for like an hour or so while me and other friends go 24/7 since we know about db. for some time i speculated that the bot behaviour might give one away, but meanwhile my bot got stuck for more than 24h on the same spot on several occasions and stuff like that and nothing happend so far. currently i'm running ghom since like a week 24/7 straight with 40+ games/h, apparently that is not suspicious enough. all i can say is: 100 miles and runnin'.

my guess is that they will care even less since the monatary component for the players is gone, aka one cannot use d3 to make big bucks anymore, but hey, we do not even know for sure how they determine(d) whom to ban and whatnot (or did i miss something crucial here?). this whole topic feels highly speculative and i'm not sure if we'll ever know for sure what it is that blizz does and how it is done.

7. Limper

Limper New Member

Once I'm 70 in every class and geared enough to do T1 (not hard to do Lol) I plan on not bottling for quite awhile. I expect there to eventually be a ban wave once they phase in the ladders.

8. dgend

dgend New Member

Hey guys just a quick question. If i am getting baned for botting in d3 will all my other games i registred on the battle.net acc getin baned too?

9. GIVEMEANAME

GIVEMEANAME Active Member

simple, no, just d3

10. VanethReaper

VanethReaper New Member

I found an ever so slight pattern in the bans between all my friends and myself. personally i have yet to get banned although i started 3 days ago and have been running almost 24 hours a day since then with chest runs rifting and bounties basically stopping the bot long enough to check my new loot do whatever upgrades i got and get going again, i have owned and played d3 off an on since launch day, Blizzard seems to monitor your access patterns and typical usage.. based on my history i log in and play very sporadically but when i do its often for long sessions for a week or two straight so by botting my access patterns havent changed so far leaving me in a "safe" spot, 1 friend has a similar access pattern on his main account and yet to get banned however he decided to make an alt account that he was manually going to fallow around with his main to collect extra loot and it was banned within 2 days of running the bot. Long story short it seems to be heavily based on access patterns as well as how realistically attainable your stats and gear are with the time that account/character has been played for. Botting off the bat with a fresh account basically shows 100% efficiency (depending on profile of course) which typically no human being will ever attain especially on a new account which raises a flag pretty quick. The same thing has now happened to 3 other friends with fresh accounts each running a seperate computer per client. Obviously it could be a coincidence however 4 accounts nailed within a week makes it seems like were on to something. I should note we all work at a game store and get retail cd keys for really cheap, like $10 a key so we dont mind getting banned on alts hence the small testing we did

11. Biocide

Biocide New Member

If i bot with one account and follow with my main, can my main get banned then? They will be in the same party ofc.

12. joka666

joka666 Member

I was also told if you don't run around a mulberry tree thrice at midnight on the first day of a new moon naked except for a smoked kipper in your right hand and wearing day-glo orange socks you may get banned!

13. Idletime

Idletime Member

Quoting this because it seems to be very accurate with what we learned from Blizzard while appealing. A friend of mine got perma banned right off the bat yesterday, I'm told she had used the bot for a total of about 2.5 hours, using only 2 hours the first day and a half hour the next (when she got kicked and banned at same time). However, her play habits prior to pressing Start were to always be online for about 75% of the day, and she was told this over the phone that "normal people don't play like that". She was usually running only A1 bounties, something I've personally logged hundreds of hours doing myself with DB, but she got banged within 24 hours. The consensus among friends right now is that she played so much that she was flagged. Once the system detected a change to access patterns (bot in use), her info immediately found the desktop of someone at Blizz for review, and all they had to do was analyze it and the nails went in the coffin from there. I'm not sure how the hell people are able to bot 24/7 without getting nailed within a week, but it definitely has to do with usage stats. Pro tip seems to be - log the heck out of Bnet entirely.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  14. hackersrage

hackersrage Member Buddy Store Developer

Interestingly enough, my toons had ZERO deaths until I botted with them --- so I don't agree with the "100% Efficiency" statement. One could be a new player to wow, and play the game with "100% Efficiency", however this is definitely taken into account. I suppose the better the player you are, and the more random, as well as endless hours of play straight before botting (aka... random players will talk to you, respond in kind, and TAKE DAMN BREAKS from whatever it is you are doing, unless it's a type of grind which could be done by a human === like running in circles killing shit for ONE item)

And I simply can not stress this enough --- Watch your bot. It does weird shit --- even in it's movement patterns --- just some seriously funky ass shit. Some waiting routines have been coded epicly horrible where the toon will bounce jump BACKWARDS run forward to the exact same spot... strafe, jump backwards again... and repeat. This behaviour, as well as running into a tree for hours on end --- is indicitive of botting.

The quest dialog open/close spamming .... not hard to spot in the log files from Blizzards end ..... want proof this dialog sends a server request on open --- wait for server to Lag spike or be down while still in world and open the quest giver dialog --- hell.... open the one you JUST had open when the server lag spiked/went down.

You could always inspect the packet data yourself --- or hell ... grab the emulator like TrinityCore or whatever, and pop a trigger server side to see the event yourself.

End result --- if you let the bot do stupid things, then you are stupid, and your account is guaranteed to get banned this way. So don't be stupid, watch --- and even MORE importantly --- INTERVENE.

Speaking of Intervening --- I found this happens under certain conditions, when you try to Stop the bot --- it doesn't stop -- just keeps on fucking going like a god damned energizer bunny --- the Stop button (in other cases), will now say "Start", however .... log still spewing shit -- bot still doing the funky chicken in wow, and I end up having to forcefully terminate HonorBuddy. So be prepared to do that.

If you get XML errors in wow..... "WoW.lua line XXXX" ... clear your WoW folder logs, and cache before launching again. Don't use the Battle.net launcher or any launcher.... rename/remove it. Also, if you are epic awesome --- keep shit to yourself .... bragging only draws attention. If you bot, be stealthy about it, and be as HUMAN as possible (yes, even if you are Horde).

There is just way too much to list here as cautions ---- basically --- use your flippin brain when watching the bot --- if it's doing something that you have NEVER seen anyone else do (unless they were botting -- like running into a tree) --- or.... you wouldn't do yourself (open close a quest dialog for 30 minutes straight)...... then stop it. And sometimes... guess what .... the profile is broken, and you have to ZOMGOSH -- actually PLAY your character.

Anyway.... use your brain, and remember ... nothing is ever 100% foolproof ---- EVER.

15. jason805

jason805 New Member

All I see is a wall of txt

16. Defqon

Defqon Member

Ok guys I would like to get the ball rolling. Patch 2.1 comes out next week which includes the all new competitive aspect to the game: Seasonal Ladders. With the addition of this new mode I feel as if Blizzard will be making their move sometime throughout this first season and will be coming down hard with the ban hammer. I feel as if the legit players will start QQing on the Blizzard forums about the botters climbing their way up the ranking system.

It's been quiet on the front lines for a long time now and if Blizzard are going to pounce at us then sometime throughout Season 1 will be the time. Let's be realistic, Blizzard have always banned botters and always will continue to ban botters. I think we've had a good run but it's not going to last.

Brace yourselves for a shit storm.

17. Arotished

Arotished New Member

Im ready (to leave this shitty game)

18. smuz

smuz New Member

Any banned players from last nights ban-wave got an email?

19. Arotished

Arotished New Member

good question...

20. evilking

evilking Member

no email for me