• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Ban Theories and Ban Waves

Discussion in 'Ban Section - Ban Reports' started by Hawker, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member Buddy Core Dev

People are asking if the bans affect the number of Demonbuddy users. We have much the same number online now as we did a week ago.

2. i0wnzurazz

i0wnzurazz New Member

Hawker - from what i've seen its been specifically IB users and people who used auto-it type scripts along with DB/IB. There has been no indication that HB is involved in these bans. I think a lot of it is coincidental and these users may at one time have used IB or auto-it scripts and the bans finally caught up to them.

Not all IB users were banned at once - quiet a few were banned many hours later or not at all. I don't think IB will live after this, I know I personally wouldn't trust it again. I don't really want to purchase 9 new accounts to run DB on though considering I was already banned once I assume it would be highly likely that I'd get banned quicker this time with little/no profit.

3. mephuser1000

mephuser1000 Active Member

Once you get banned once, the future bans come faster. Especially, if you buy 2nd hand "safe" accounts.

4. mephuser1000

mephuser1000 Active Member

Once you get banned once, the future bans come faster. Everything becomes dirty.

5. Rupson

Rupson New Member

Hello all i have a question concerning Diablo free account comming from the Wow 1year offer. If the Diablo account get banned for botting is the Wow account closed too ?

6. elucid

elucid New Member

This is interesting. This guy who was apparently trying to get a billion gold legitimately via the AH was banned. He called blizzard and ended up talking to someone who said blizzard has an algorithm that automatically bans you when you trade/acquire a certain level of gold. He ends up getting unbanned.

Starts talking about ban at 5:20. Talks about the blizz employee discussing the algorithm at 7:30.
      Diablo 3 - Billion Gold Challenge, Auction House (part 2) - YouTube

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
    7. shuuk

shuuk Member

thats not legal...i call my lawer

8. sk3673

sk3673 New Member

damn them numbers he is buying/selling stuff for is crazy

9. xsol

xsol Member

Statistics; nuff said

10. REQUiEM

REQUiEM New Member

I'd like to gather information and analyze it to see if there's any patterns to ban or any certain event that triggers the flag. Mods please let me know if it's allowed. The information will be gathered via a google form. Link to it will be posted here since it's not allowed to create new threads in this forum other than ban reports.

11. hi1674

hi1674 New Member

Yesterday while i was farming gold , D3 and D-buddy suddenly closed down.

Did the tripwire go off ?

12. zippysticks

zippysticks New Member

You were flagged =P

13. xsol

xsol Member

14. zippysticks

zippysticks New Member

15. xsol

xsol Member

I am going to guess it was chat related

16. declensionsone

declensionsone New Member

Ya know I was thinking, we should assume that blizzard can see all the statistics that we can see with demonbuddy (or w/e we're using), such as gph, time of last run, average run, etc, with just as much ease. (and most likely any statistic we can think of).
      And say, everyone making 100+ games per hour automatically gets flagged and investigated, cus no normal person would be making 100 games per hour

Assuming that they can, how would we combat this? I'm trying to find a plugin that purposely adds variation or pauses to each game, so my runs aren't all 15secs and under.. lol (in conjunction with breaktaker)

Anyway, you'd think someone on this forum or another would have information (or know someone in the game industry) on how game developers operate and their specific methods for combatting bots... feel free to share!

really informative video
      Exterminate Gold Farmers and other unwanted pests - YouTube[video=youtube_share;ouXSS_HKPs8]http://youtu.be/ouXSS_HKPs8?t=6m20s[/video]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
    17. sojufiend

sojufiend New Member

arent discussions here pointless? this is an open forum where blizz employees have easy access to..there are ppl in battle.net general forum that link directly to this thread.. if i was a blizzard employee who worked on banning people, i'd find all the bots, buy them all, browse forums and find out whats going on... like not even worth trying here.. just bot until u get banned and accept ur loss and move on to next bot.. or quit.. if u bot expect to be banned 100%.. u aint getting away with it.

18. declensionsone

declensionsone New Member

"In the near future, we'll be re-enabling the limit on how many games a player can create within a certain amount of time. We've further tuned and tested the conditions that trigger this limit to ensure, as much as possible, that it only affects those abusing the Diablo III game service in a way that violates the Terms of Use – for example, by using bots that create games in rapid succession.

The use of bots not only impacts the stability of the game service, but it also has an impact on the player-driven economy. While we regularly take action against accounts for the use of unauthorized third-party programs and bots, this additional measure will help us further preserve and protect the integrity of the game and economy in between ban waves.

Once this change goes live, we're looking for your feedback to help ensure that the limit is working as intended. If you encounter the "Input limit reached" message and feel you should not have, please let us know how many games you were creating and why. This information will help us ensure the limit minimally impacts legitimate players while still protecting the game against bots.

We'll continue to tweak the game limit as necessary, as well as continue to go after the few cheaters and botters that are out there in other ways. Our goal is to help ensure that Diablo III continues to be a fun gaming environment for all of our players, and we're looking forward to hearing your feedback on this change once it goes live.

We will update this post and unlock the thread once game limits are re-enabled."

Holy shit I knew that was one method of how they were tracking us. Good thing I timed my breaks so I wouldn't be making that many games per hour. The other thing that we can take is that, they are unsure of what the # of games per hour threshold would have to be to mean that someone is a botter.

19. i0wnzurazz

i0wnzurazz New Member

Bans are not based on your payment method // name on account. I have 6 accounts banned - all 4 of the accounts I bought off of friends that were already level 60 and played legitly - 2 of the bots were my accounts I purchased through paypal and I leveled with bots. I botted 24/7 for 2+ months on them. I was doing core runs only.

Took Blizzard long enough to ban me lol. I am thinking about buying 9 new accounts and running 9 DB sessions... not sure if its worth paying $684 with a risk of being banned in less than week lol.

20. Momentusa

Momentusa New Member

So far there havn't been any linking statistics that show how accounts are being flagged as botters. Here are some theories, the more relevant / probable being at the top.

1) GPH / Gold per day / Gold Collected vs. hours played.

I have not been banned for gold farming yet but I have never accomplished more than 100mil on 1 account or even more than 500gph. I would like to vote and put this in the ban form that people post their statistics to see if there is any relevance.

2) Quests unlocked and achievements obtained.

Blizzard could easily look at all the characters that are in inferno, and look at what quests they have played to achieve that spot. If they are all ZK normal, then a1 hell, then bam into inferno, that might bring up a flag?

3) Gold find / magic find % on their character.

Less probable, but maybe they look all characters that have over 300-325% gf or mf on CONSTANTLY and flag them for inspection? Then maybe use 1) or 2) for further narrowing of botting suspects.

4) Autheticators being used? SMS protect activate?

Abit farfetched since you can use WinAuth, but its possible.

Please support this post so we can get some of these questions into the ban form so we can get more information! thanks