• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Ban Theories and Ban Waves

Discussion in 'Ban Section - Ban Reports' started by Hawker, Jul 4, 2012.

1. declensionsone

declensionsone New Member

here, fuckin read. Is this not obvious enough?

2. Syn-Ack

Syn-Ack Member

that screenshot of a dude with like 488-500 hours played and only 170mil gold collected that could hardly be botting, it could be real. or just a really bad botter or idles in game alot. I have a char with 300mil collected sitting at only roughly 300-330hrs. same with a 500 one, its got like 520hrs

3. xsol

xsol Member

avg people are at around 350k gph that would take 485 hrs now add 40 hrs to level.

you just don't start playing at level 1 and make 600k gph

4. sojufiend

sojufiend New Member

looks like they are banning every tuesday.. the ones that get flagged during the weak

5. REZZZ

REZZZ New Member

I completely agree. The more human the better. I try to be social on my account also.

6. sojufiend

sojufiend New Member

and looks like ppl that are multi account botting are getting caught easier

7. reQuorter

reQuorter New Member

We also need to know if they used Virtual Machines or all bots on the same single Operating System.

8. hiep88

hiep88 New Member

WoW world is a world at large, Blizzard therefore compelled to rely on the reporter to investigate whether you must be a botter or not. In WoW you have a lot of ways to farm money, Blizzard could not find xoat is empty. So,many years, how would Blizzard not completely check xoat botter. For Diablo3, right from the first days play, we have the world feels like a cage Diablo3 thumbnail for each player. Blizzard has too many ways to know if we have must be botter or not,while the form of farm have so alittle .
      We have helped account to farm by software, anyone dare to say that Blizzard did not have the software to automatically control the player accont. Example: they managed region accounts for about 1k each control software, giving the indicators to suspect that the account which there must botter or not. Automatic update again after each time period, until the account to a certain threshold it will be put on red list. Rights will decide depending addmin about whether or not measured or banned account to continue to conduct an investigation related accounts. Forward a few ideas to consider everyone.

9. cky2k85

cky2k85 New Member

Has anyone here been banned on an account with the Annual Pass? If so, PM Me.

10. markn12

markn12 Member

I couldn't understand half of what you were trying to say.

11. sojufiend

sojufiend New Member

it really looks like Multibotting-sarkoth and leveling profiles to level up ur character is recipe for ban

12. darky13

darky13 Member

i think they are banning so much , bcoz they have investor call on 2nd aug , so they will be like "See we work hard on banning bots , yada yada " , and calm down after

13. JohnWayne

JohnWayne Member

I was banned of 5/5 bot accounts on Tuesday, but I created new accounts the same day and they were banned yesterday while still leveling (they were still like level 18). I don't understand what are they checking, those accounts had played such an small amount of time that it could had even been manual. The only "not human" thing they did was doing all the time the same leveling profile (http://www.thebuddyforum.com/demonb...queen-rinse-repeat-normal-nightmare-hell.html). So I wonder if we need to keep changing profiles, as I have also seen people reporting bans after playing only some hours per day (http://www.thebuddyforum.com/demonb...orts/61662-bann-just-3-4-hrs-day-botting.html).

14. JohnWayne

JohnWayne Member

Banning an account that has run just for a few hours makes botting obviously unprofitable, so unless there is some way to avoid that, botting is no longer worth. What do we need to do then? Play an small amount of hours per day and also changing profiles? Maybe also use different IP's for each account?

15. dookiepie

dookiepie New Member

Kinda new around here but I thought maybe I had some thoughts worth sharing.

Not trying to float old rehashed theories here but a pretty obvious trend (IMO) is emerging in the ban reports. It seems like multibotters (generally 2+ bot accounts) are getting hit, so they are trying to take out the bigger fish first. Even if all your accounts are on separate PCs with separate IPs, there is clearly a link between them... whether it be your account names, the credit card/Paypal account you used to pay for the copies of Diablo III, or the name you used to purchase said copies of the game. Something is clearly linking accounts together that we're overlooking, or people are just lying about their setups. Honestly, we're all cheaters here, so lying is not exactly a stretch...

Another thing I feel is worth mentioning... are we SURE DemonBuddy is undetected? I mean, I know the conventional wisdom is to defend it and say "there would be way more ban reports if it was detected," or "it's undetectable." But how many reports do we need before we start asking questions? There are dozens of new bans daily, and the userbase on this site can't be more than a few thousand, so... do the math. As for it being "undetectable," anyone worth their salt at programming or who is knowledgeable about computers and security just knows that is a fallacy. Nothing's un*****able, nothing's truly secure, and nothing's undetectable. Period. I accept that the Buddy software is extremely sophisticated and all, but spreading misinformation and the notion that it's untouchable just seems counterproductive.

Lastly, has anyone actually bothered to investigate Agent.exe (you know, that other process which launches when you load D3)? I know we all think it's the Battle.net Updater Service and that it's benign, but has anyone really done the legwork to monitor its behavior, analyze precisely what it's doing, and WireShark themselves to see if it's reporting home? Correct me if I'm wrong, but since they got smacked down in court by privacy advocates, Blizzard's Warden is forbidden from scanning outside processes and can only access what you have in memory, correct? Well, did that rule only apply to the game Warden itself is contained in? Wouldn't launching a separate process to do the actual snooping circumvent that ruling? And for that matter, what if it's the D3 launcher which is to blame?

In closing, I want to emphasize that these are merely theories. I have no proof or evidence to support them... I'm just trying to think outside the box. I myself haven't looked into Agent.exe or the launcher, and I'm personally still operating under the assumption that they are both safe and harmless. Meanwhile, though, the bans continue to accumulate and we're left scratching our heads over the missing link.

16. tifreak

tifreak New Member

The only trigger will be Games / hour nothing more.

Tell me 1 player who creates in 4 hours 300-500 games :)

17. Bayoya

Bayoya New Member

Just blizzard know

18. dookiepie

dookiepie New Member

I agree, this and gold looted seem the likeliest bet, but it leaves a lot of unanswered questions about why so many people who are still running 24/7 are left untouched. A simple database query of hours played, games created, and gold looted would reveal all such players. So then why are so many being spared? I'm sorry, but when it comes to things like this, "luck" just isn't an answer... it's a clear lack of one.

19. Enngell

Enngell New Member

They just ban a few to show activity, but let enough botters alive, so people feel botting pays off and they buy more licenses. It's cheaper to ban people to make them buy again than marketing.

20. dookiepie

dookiepie New Member

I know it's another common sentiment around here that Blizzard bans to make money off of repeat sales, but I don't really buy into that nonsense for a whole host of reasons I won't get into. Suffice it to say that the money they make from sellling licenses to repeat botters is so insignificant that it probably doesn't even factor into their gameplan at all. Our $60 (or $600, or even $6,000,000) is a drop in a bucket to them. Sorry, but we're just not that important.

On the other hand, the "good press" theory holds merit. True, they might just be trying to make it seem like they're doing something about us, but I happen to believe they're acting in the best interest of their game and are being genuine in their attempt to keep it on a relatively level playing field by eradicating the likes of us.

Maybe I'm naive about that last point, though.

Anyhow, it's pretty obvious they've identified a pattern of behavior and are trying to catch as many people as they can in the act. Like many before me, my best guess is that it involves # of games created, amount of gold looted, total activity time (i.e. playing 24/7), possibly coordinate matching, or whether you kill a certain mob X amount of times. In short, multiboxing Sarkoth 24/7 seems dangerous right now, even if you've managed to evade the ban hammer thus far. But I'm mostly interested in how non-botting mains are getting flagged. It seems like there has to be some manual investigation to track down gold / item transfers between farmers, mules, and mains, and that's what my original post was focusing on... though I never clearly stated it.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012