• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Banned to the bone....

Discussion in 'Ban Section-Ban reports' started by Roxabox, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Roxabox

Roxabox New Member

8/17 I am getting ready to go out to a local hotspot for Pokemon only to check my account and see the "Failed to get game data from server." Haven't been able to log in since. According to Niantic if I was banned I should've received an e-mail stating that my account has been terminated, however, I have not. I dug through my spam folders and did a keyword search in my Gmail and still nothing but it appears I am banned. I have only botted once using MyGoBot for probably an hour or two (best Pokemon it caught was a Pikachu at a local college campus) and then the bot got taken down and with all the hubbub about bans from botting I said "fuck it, not worth the risk" and decided never to bot after that point. I did notice a soft ban shortly after the bot stopped working and that lasted about 2-3 hours. I am not sure what went wrong, I didn't log into the game on my phone at all while the bot was up I made sure I gave it adequate time after closing the app and opening the bot with the campus's coordinates. I sent in an appeal to Niantic (obviously not admitting to botting) and I guess we'll just have to wait and see how that goes. In the meantime I started up a new account and am carefully botting to get caught back up seeing as it is impossible for newbies to get catch up to those who have been playing since the game launched (huge flaw on Niantic's part)!

Just wanted to share my ban story and see if anyone has any insight or a similar experience. Also, I didn't receive an e-mail, do you think there is still hope for my account? I could cry right now! This is BALLZ.

UPDATE: So I have been frantically trying to login every 5 minutes because I'm going through withdrawals and just now instead of the "Failed to get game data from the server" I got a different screen saying something about how they're humbled by my attempts to login and something about the servers. When I switched accounts I did not get this message, then I switch back and it's that screen again...is this a sign? Like....is there hope??? Maybe they're looking into my account? I'm not ready to say goodbye to my main account.

TL;DR: I'm banned, life sucks. Don't bot, kids.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    2. Pikachuu

Pikachuu New Member

Yeah it took awhile for me to get the email too. I was banned three days ago but i just received the email. XD I'm giving up on PoGo for good. Even with my main I don't even care anymore lol. I don't travel too much and everything around me are just Ratatas & Pidgeys. So I've had a good run. Had fun with the actual game for three weeks when it first launched and then found this bot haha. Made me feel like I can finally "Catch 'em all". All in all I had fun but now it's time to swtich back to console games haha.

3. Roxabox

Roxabox New Member

I understand that we all broke the ToS but they really should've given a warning before pressing the self-destruct button on all of us. Especially since most of us have spent a lot of money with the game too, we all deserve a second chance and it's virtually impossible to get caught up with a new account to those who've been playing since day one without a bot now unless you don't have a full-time job and dedicate literally all your free time to playing. :(

4. TechnoKing

TechnoKing New Member

should never bot with an account you aren't prepared to lose. Also it is possible to catch up the amount of experience is exponential. cp doesn't matter all that much. Legit players can't catch up to botters but legit players can catch up with legit players.