• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Official] Banwave 1 February 2017 Discussion

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by bambam922, Feb 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. rabbit79183

rabbit79183 New Member

nope , BZ still update Detection for HB
      i create 6 new wow account , change my real network , ghost my computer , one computer only run one wow process
      create DK , bot 12 hours , rest 12 hours , until level 70 , create DH , bot 12 hours , rest 12 hours
      after 3 days , all got ban , some Character not even level 110 , lol

PS : i did those steps 3 times , total 18 account . date 2/8 - 2/22

my main account is use same ip , but never run HB
      and i am using my main account to sell all stuff from bot
      [use 2 account (never bot new account with computer never run HB ) + 2 guildbank to transmit item]
      even recruit my 3 bot account and got 3 months playtime
      and my main account didn't got ban

Situation is very clear , right ?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    2. exaccuss

exaccuss Active Member

I've been using another bot for wow leveling in the mean time. Obviously doesnt even come close to things HB has, but i havent been banned yet, so that must count for something lol

3. Aion

Aion Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Situation is clear, correct, but not the way, you assume.

Your botting accounts are receiving ban penalties for botting, not for goldselling, most likely, because you are considered small-degree botter from Blizzard.
      Once the botting farm surpass some "unknown-to-us" threshold, Blizzard would attempt manual investigation by GM, which usually delivers Abuse of Economy accounts closure on all bots+bank toons+deleted guild banks.

This could reach the non-botting characters as well.

Since your wasting 3 times your 6 farmers in 14 days, something is terribly wrong with your calculations, mate, so please, take it carefully now!

If you think, the IP address do the difference, nop, it does not! Whole countries or cities with thousands of computers are "hidden" behind the single physical IP Address of their ISP's router (in the 3rd world countries, obviously), so Blizzard do not really rely on IP address itself. They use their own stuff for account management, linking and flagging - aka game installs+their own Windows registry space.

Ghosting your computer is good for general stuff, but for botting its pure hazard - as you are already aware.
      If you are experienced to use Norton Ghost, then you can setup unattended windows installations on all machines or at least sysprep ghost copies on "virgin" windows without any WoW stuff installed there! Yes, this is bit slower than ghosting, but its rewarding ... I suppose ;)

If you think that hardcore/suicide botting is impossible right now - check HB's discord, how many days the suicide goldfarmers are botting there, some of them are very active there (in the bans channel).

For reference:

Last days I shamelessly botted lovely charms 24/7 for ~12 day on 3-6 accounts in the same time/same machine. Soon after the first 7 days passed, I received perma ban on all (but one) of these suicide farmers, while my other 3 wow bots are safe (used for testing my stuff and gearing via WQs ~ 12-14 hours botted daily per acc.)
      2 hours later Blizz overtuned the bans and excused in the mail, that they have applied auto-ban by mistake (yea, its indeed "mistake" to farm 1200 charms/hour for 140-150 hours without logoff, indeed :D - I checked that even the blue items, vendored the first day, while clearing the bags, were still on the vendors 5 days later o_O)

When I noticed the unban mail several hours later, I restarted the suicide for 1 acc for the test. Since it was going strong for few hours, till the end of the day, all the suicide farmers restarted the charms farming! Until the event end last night!

Good luck!

P.S. Sorry for the long and boring read ;)

4. Aion

If you expect me to be nice and polite with forum member, who insults me (Kuat), I am not that kind of guy, mate.

I am considered comdev only my own threads in TheBuddyStore forum section and I am supporting my customers there, when supposed to. Outside that I am just-another-forum-member, nothing more and nothing less and my forum posts have nothing to do with my store work!

Regarding the HBfanboi, there is nothing bad with it. If anyone is not HBfanboy (or used to be), would not visit and register on this board on first place!

And im glad that FH is rarely on the Blizz's alarm, but while its not full-featured bot, it is still decent rotation alternative. But you can consider that majority of the afk botters use HBs, so it is common sense for Blizzard to target HB mostly (or only) and the most other bots are receiving their banwaves as side fire from HB's targeting.

Plus, while those 3 banwaves in 3 months are nothing to be happy about, they are the first of their style. I do not remember Blizzard to have so short banwaves "cycles" in the past. We are yet to get the whole picture!

5. rabbit79183

rabbit79183 New Member

just be Detect , nothing more , very sad
      Cross-match is tired
      never use HB will not get ban , even the same ip out
      and sell all bot item on one account , just it , don't wanna u over think about it
      just hope someday will change this

BTW change my real network = different ADSL to access internet
      and after ghost , i will change my mac and other Computer Accessories , every time
      after that , install wow , and that is all i can do , just like new computer and ip

6. Medivhnz

Medivhnz New Member

Well I have been banned for 3 days for Botting lol. I'm out. Guess I'll just have to quest </3. Man, Botting sure was fun though. Too much fun to last I guess. Maybe I over did it.

7. Kuat

Kuat Member

Just now? Or back at the start of Feb?

8. Medivhnz

Medivhnz New Member

Just now. I have only had HB for less than a week. I guess I went too hard though. I am actually worried if it had something to do with me posting on these forums. I asked for a full refrund on all ther borts and programs I bought because I have not even had HB for a week yet.

9. Kirk

Kirk New Member

What's your guys thoughts on the situation as of now, are the threat levels back to normal(pre-banwave), where a new banwave can be expected with a future patch? Or is it still ongoing? Please let me know your thoughts as I'm looking to get back at it

thanks

10. exaccuss

exaccuss Active Member

I was under the impression that banwaves can happen at anytime. You just dont know when.

11. Macatho

Macatho New Member

I understand that people are pissed off. Let me tirade a bit:

On the topic of HB not being lifetime I say this:

Are you surprised? Only multi billion dollar companies can afford to keep products up and running indefinitely - such as Warcraft II servers and what not - and those do not require a bunch of man hours to keep operating.
      Are you surprised that the buddy team require more money to fight the countless lawsuits blizzard is raining down upon them?
      Have you ever thought about the amount of work you're buying for your measly €30 or whatever the key costs? This bot is immense, nothing is even close to it in comparison.

On the topic of risk of botting in world of warcraft:

Blizzard showed in 2015 that they were able to ban without actually detecting a bot. I thought people actually understood this. Kind of like you can detect a hurricane from all the trees it brings down, you don't actually need to have seen the hurricane. It is never safe to bot, and people that have been botting for a long time have said this countless times. YOU SHOULD NOT BOT ON AN ACCOUNT YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO LOSE. How hard is it to actually understand this?

On the topic of how blizzard is detecting bots:

No one knows, but I personally think they crunch data. They collect an insurmountable amount of logs and crunch the numbers to detect botting-like-behaviour. Just ask yourself this: Would you be able to spot a bot if you could have the logs? If you can - they can. It's not fucking rocket science, it's just big data.
      What is it that the combat profiles don't do? Mistakes - they don't do any mistakes, ever.

I've long ago quit botting because I knew it just wasn't worth the time and effort. But when I did I earned around €75k from having around 100 bots active at any given time for around 3 years. So when it comes to how blizzard acts, I've seen it all. I probably have over 1500 accounts banned.

12. aramjayce

aramjayce Member

Good points bro, just a few things to add.

On the topic of HB not being lifetime I say this:

We aren't suprised, and most are aware that law suits cost $$. It's more about how Bossland went about it.

If any of you are familliar with Exilebuddy, there are many simmilarities between the HB Lifetime changes and Exilebuddy LifeTime changes.
      If Bossland was upfront about this, and communicated in a transparent and honest manner (as well as giving an earlier heads up about lifetime removal)...things would be 100% different. The community would rally around them instead of condemning them.

It really is quite sad, as despite all the BS and shits...(if you look at things objectively) is that Bossland is fighting for the rights to bot in these court cases.

On the topic of risk of botting in world of warcraft:

I am not a HBFanBoi, but a realist...
      I have bought new keys (as I am a gold farmer) and HB provides the best gold farming bot on the market atm, However it is obvious that this bot, is not safe at all. All bots / hacks / cheats in wow have had ban-waves, some more than others (ie: HB) due to their popularity/user base size. No bot/hack in this game is ever 100% safe, even if it is not well known.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    13. Jiniix

Jiniix Member

The amount of data they can collect is enormous, but there are straight up detection.
      My main got hit in May15 wave. Only Garrison and CR for raids, nothing else.
      More than half a year later, on a PC that's never touched WoW, on a completely different internet and no ties in account information or credit card used etc. Only CR, ~2-4 hours a day. Still banned in next wave.

And while not confirmed, people have reported getting banned from just opening the bot by accident, not even pressing start :)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    14. qztr

qztr Active Member

I think the next banwave will be around the release of 7.2
      Just like it were when 7.1 got released.

15. Craptuna0813

Craptuna0813 Member

For those who think they do data crunching you are clearly blind. They have the means to detect and prolly have for a long time but subs were at a all time low for wod once legion was coming they purge the system and start the bullshit. Nothing new its clear they have all botters numbers who read off of wow memory. Once you find a way to block wow reading memory files you have them beat. im no wizz at this but if you could block them from that bs memory scan then they cant tell if you are botting or not and might just go back to the good old days of only getting banned if you got reported. all bots die eventually and blizz with the amount of money they have will make sure anyone who gets big off of botting will get hammered with lawsuits so its a endless cat and mouse game that bossland needs to realize when there products are dead and allow another bot maker to come in.

16. nooblet

nooblet Active Member

Sorry. But no we are not hidden behind our isp router lol. IP tracing can be done by anyone. The fact you think this, leads me to assume you have 0 idea how this works.

17. qztr

qztr Active Member

And this isn't the first, nor the last time, that's he's providing useless and/or inaccurate information.

18. Aion

You dodge to sense the most obvious - Blizzard do not need to store or record our system's IP Address, no matter if its public or internal one, simply because we run Blizzard's own software on it. Its not hard to comprehend.

19. Ryzon

Ryzon Member

All of this recent banwave activity almost certainly started with Overwatch and WoW is just getting hit with the same detection technology. I seriously doubt that any kind of unique computer identifier is being used (e.g. IP, MAC, registry key, etc...) since many Overwatch players play on shared computers in Internet cafes. If you take a look at the Overwatch bot forums, pretty much everything is getting auto-banned whether it's active injection, passive memory scanner, etc...

20. Aion

Mate, we were discussing the random bans, which take place between the banwaves. The banwaves obviously are due to detection, and HB devs admit it too.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.