• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Banwave 10-11-2016 Discussion

Discussion in 'Archives' started by raphus, Nov 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. pimpampum

pimpampum Member

Interesting comment, Chinajade

You are right in the fact that each Network adapter on your comp will have a different MaC. But, what prevents you from changing them all?? I mean, if you are going through changing/spoofing one of them...why aren't you changing the rest of them? It's not like it's hard. Or obvious.

[​IMG]

So, the "more than one MaC Addresses" part is not that important to its uniqueness. Specially when there are plenty of HardwareId's and Guids that you can't spoof with that ease...or even at all.

About the techniques to obtain the original MaC Address info of the active network adapter, and ignore whatever spoofing has been done, I know nothing.

2. chinajade

chinajade Well-Known Member Moderator Buddy Core Dev

Hi again, Pampampum,

[size=-2]Just an aside: I've sharpened the wording in the post since you quoted it.[/size]

The original hardware-assigned MAC address is still around (made available by the hardware) to be obtained by a 'clever' program. This is illustrated by your screenshot—the program distinguishes between the 'original' MAC address and the 'active' one. The program also supports a "Restore Original" button.

In short, the spoofing utility you show us is in itself, a 'clever' program. :D

You may have several programs like the one you show. Use a different, but similar program, to restore your MAC address. This should prove to you that the 'original information' is not stored in a data file unique to that particular program. Instead, the original MAC address is made available from an authoritative source [size=-2](i.e., the hardware)[/size]. Any program can obtain the needed original and unique MAC address from this authoritative source.

The gist is that if your spoofing programs can get access to the original, universally unique MAC address, so can a WoWclient [size=-2](or a program running on its behalf)[/size]. At this point, we hope its clear that spoofing a MAC address is meaningless to any program running on your machine, if that program wants to 'spy' on you.

cheers,
      chinajade

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    3. pimpampum

pimpampum Member

That's true. The fact that changing the physical Network adapter to another computer restores it to the original MaC Adress is proof enough that the information has to be there, available, somehow.

1 thing that makes me wonder, though, its administrative privileges. If I "spoof" my MaC address, or any Hardware ID for that fact, as a System Admin, but a program that is running without admin privileges is able to see through it with whatever means, it sounds like unintended or at least, not working properly.

I'm thinking of this because all HwID modding programs I've used, and they've been a few, all required to be Run as an admin. Wow, as far as I recall, doesnt. (That's assuming that the "spy" process is one of wow-related processes, which I find a safe assumption)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    4. DrDoctor

DrDoctor New Member

Ok, good we have ppl like you who put energy into this. I mysle f have no clue about stuff like this :)

5. bigcorn

bigcorn Member

anyways..

is it safe? i want go pvp!!!!
      my fingers hurts

6. kurfer

kurfer Member

Damn you're a tough guy! I bet you roll your cigs up in your sleeve!!!

7. rebelyel2575

rebelyel2575 New Member

I have another suggestion. Make the forums private. 1 so blizzard team cannot see them without buying a subscription.
      Since I live close to Blizzard I always see blizzard employee at different restaurants and few times they were talking about things they have seen on this forum.
      I also was caught in the ban.
      I don't believe there will ever be able to beat the detection when the client connects to game.
      Most likely I will never play Wow again so just a suggestion.

8. Zicoth

Zicoth Member

Do you think blizzard so poor and cant allow HB sub? :)

9. dimsil

dimsil New Member

foolish man

10. thormx11

thormx11 New Member

After 1 night of using HB after the banwave (on a new account) I got banned again. I guess i'll wait a while before I use HB again

11. mcleexb

mcleexb New Member

\

Bro, if you'r working for CIA or FBI, it would be a creative suggestion and great idea...lol

12. Hatdred

Hatdred Member

I think ip6 sends more than ip4 it sends the mac adresss in ipv6

13. X-Ploit

X-Ploit Member

Why are the forums not private anyway? seems like the number1 thing to do at the moment?

14. immolated

immolated New Member

Did you submit a report for this? We would all be interested in having more details of this new ban for a new account

15. EmilSvensson

EmilSvensson New Member

8 Accounts invested same day as new release. 6/8 banned after 24 hours of botting. No suspension, permanently closed.

16. getmunch

getmunch New Member

That happened to me on previous ban.....rafed a few accounts and started leveling. No botting at all both got banned for abuse of economy within the first week.

Apeal also was nogo......blizz can terminate an account whenever they want for whatever reason theu want.

Few weeks later i made a new bnet and rafed 48 toons to 90 over course of the raf window. (non bot use that time too). So really i just think its luck.

17. Heomn

Heomn New Member

many new reports on ban section... maybe the forgot to enable tripwire or player reports?

18. automationarmy

automationarmy Member

Orrrrrrr it's still just as detectable as they didn't fix it? /surprisedface

Botting community is in a bad way until they figure out how to hide the hook they're all yolo.

Hundred milly+ a month in revenue will attract some skills it appears.

19. Heomn

Heomn New Member

but also many people started again (me included on the same battle.net as my banned account but not hardcore) and no problems so far.

20. pimpampum

pimpampum Member

Yeah. At this point is pure speculation.

But it would make sense for blizzard to focus on the botters that are going to make their "investment" return faster ( obviously, those gathering herbs and ores) and save the ones who aren't going to make a return that fast (levelers, routiners, causals....) for whenever they feel like it. Namely, next banwave, or next miniwave, whenever they choose.

What is really troubling is how fast this gatherers are being banned. Previously, unless you had a botting record in your machine / IP, they wouldn't instantly ban you, even when catching us blatantly botting.

Now it seems it is not the case. 1 single pass is enough to determine an account as botter and gg account.

I would certainly love to receive some kind of info from the buddy staff on the status. Even if its made of opinions. Whatever, to appeal the masses. To give us some sort of "its been worked on" feeling.

Their latest official message was as dissapointing as this blizzcon for d3 players. And that's saying a lot!

Btw. big thanks to all those "testers" who are spending their 50+ bucks in guinea-pigging for the rest of us. It's appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.