• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Best Server to Bot on?

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Skeletonboy360, Mar 5, 2012.

?

Whats the best kind of server to farm on?

1. Low population

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    2. Medium population

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    3. High population

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Skeletonboy360

Skeletonboy360 Member

Whats the best server to bot on? High, Medium, or Low population?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
    2. chemical

chemical Active Member

i'd say whatever you want. these polls are dumb.. just keep posting crap so blizz can get more info on how and where people bot.

3. bawse

bawse New Member

I don't really think there's a definitive answer. It would just depend on the type of person that's in the area your bot and whether they notice you.

4. Envis

Envis New Member

Yep, now blizz is going to know if we bot on Low, Med, or High pop servers. Are you joking brah?

5. nizzlen1337

nizzlen1337 Member

If I had to answer, It would be the medium. On Low population you would probably be able to gather more per hour than high, but then it would be harder to sell, and more risky. On the other hand High population server is difficult to bot on because of the chance of getting undercut and the prices would be lower than medium and low population servers, also you would gather less materials per hour than medium and lower.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
    6. Treuben

Treuben Member

^this.

everytime these votes that tell you nothing in the end. same for the "what class is the best to bot".... wtf, everyone with a brain can solve this question for his/her own.

7. Lahtinen

Lahtinen New Member

I like the high population servers.
      By the experience I have, people care less to interact with other players on these servers - making it easier to keep players reports away.

8. Ilja Rogoff

Ilja Rogoff Well-Known Member

i think medium are good. low pops may be good. i have toons on low pop servers where everything sells very expensive, no matter how much i sell. and on other low pops selling is a torture.

9. cLx

cLx New Member

I have now 2 Bot's running on a High Server
      and i think it's better because nobody care and ignore you and go his way :)

10. cryllyn

cryllyn New Member

You're exactly right!
      I find that High Pop is the best. I bot on Sargeras and often run into other botters and haven't had a problem once. Low pop servers are filled with people that think they need to police their server.

11. HBfanboy1980

HBfanboy1980 Active Member

There are some servers that are so overpopulated compared to other that if the botting community went away the demand would be astronomical compared to the supply. Would be interesting to see...

Some people realize that without bots people would hardly be replacing gems/enchants on every upgrade. Performance would suffer across the board and the divide between the elite raiders and casual sometimes weekly raiders would be significant.

12. Delirious

Delirious New Member

I really don't understand this poll do you mean safest or best to get gold on ?

Edit: Just looked at the poll name and the best to get gold on would be a Med pop imo because low pop takes awhile to sell and high pop = low Nodes per hour and the price of items is alot less than a med / low pop server

13. Lady Rainicorn

Lady Rainicorn New Member

This one should be easy! Aim for a medium population server!

Why?

A high population server actually decreases the odds of getting banned and reported for gathering, but the competition is intense! You will have a very hard time locking down a market, and you will constantly be at odds with other botters both on the gathering and selling end of the spectrum! The last thing you want to do is get so frustrated, or frustrate someone else enough, that one botter ends up reporting another! We have to work together, and it's easiest to do this when there are a handful of botters, and not a mass.

Medium population servers offer better prices for your materials, as well as a balanced demand. Often there is a higher demand on a medium sized server than is being satisfied by regular gatherers. This makes finding bulk buyers easy, and for gold exchange services where it's a flat gold cost for any server (purchasing game time for gold typically works this way), you get a better deal because inflation has not yet run as rampant on medium servers as it has on most overpopulated realms.

Low populations, in my opinion, are a VERY bad choice. You have to deal with a handful of legitimate players who will go out of their way to try and find bots on their server and report them, as well as an immense amount of drama regarding who controls the AH, which guild controls the server (most low pop realms have maybe two raiding guilds...). The smaller economy forces you to drop prices on your bulk items, or not sell them at all. For very small realms you run the risk of destroying the economy with your materials.

That's actually what I consider to be one of the most important aspects of being a responsible botter. Don't intentionally damage the economy or markets surrounding your gathered materials. It's rude to players who do spend a lot of time hand-farming, and it's the main reason botters are disliked. Don't post 150 stacks of Ore at 50% market value. Don't ruin other players' fun, especially not legitimate players who simply do not have the time and resources HonorBuddy has given you.

Choose a medium population realm, and be generous with your wealth. If you're botting correctly you will be one of the wealthiest players on your server (but nobody will know your connection to your gatherers or bank). Use the wealth to make sure you're helping your server become a nicer, more fun place. It retains and draws new players to your server, which is the best way to make sure you can uphold and increase demand for your materials.

The biggest enemy to botters is the public perception of botters. ;)

Smoogel likes this.
    14. Teveel

Teveel Active Member

Ok I'll make this real simple the best server is the one you research for prices and activity on the AH, other considerations can be dealt with but if the server has a crap economy then its pointless.

15. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

med, or med-high

low is ok, but you can still get banned by those bot hunters since less ppl bot on a low pop server

also, it's harder to sell stuff on a low-pop server (sometimes)

also, raiding sucks on a low-pop server :(

16. gilette

gilette New Member

I realy understand the reporting of botters from the legit gatherer point of view. Bot collecting 12 hours of mats for herb and mining while the owner is at work, you cant compete against that with legit gathering. Thats why people get pissed off for botters cos they ruin the economy = make them sell ore and herb stacks 300-400% lower than if everyone was actually doing it the legit way, by hand.

17. Teveel

Teveel Active Member

Thanks for breaking that down for everyone.

18. Lillium

Lillium New Member

why don't you tell blizz faction and toon names now? maybe you just get an 72 hrs ban...:confused:

19. AutomaticCoding

AutomaticCoding Banned

I bot on two servers, a full server and a med server.

Full, because it's PVP and I love PVP... why not bot there?
      Med, because my IRL mates play there :/

20. AutomaticCoding

AutomaticCoding Banned

I bot on the server "Outlands"... have fun trying to find my username out of the other 100,000 people on that server.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.