• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Better CSV Export

Discussion in 'Requests' started by truimagz, Jul 18, 2017.

1. truimagz

truimagz New Member

It would be amazing for so many developers if you could make the CSV data useable by doing one or more of the following... as it is now it is completely useless

Break down Pokemon data as...

ID, Level, Sta_IV, Atk_IV, Def_IV, Move_1, Move_2

or...

ID, CP, HP, Stardust, Move_1, Move_2

or...

Just include these data rows as well as what you already export.

----------------------------------------

So many apps allow for importing Pokemon via json, and if Pokefarmer csv format was useable, this would lead to a ton of adoption of your product strictly for this purpose alone. But your current CSV export does not export the info needed to be useful.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    2. CAcove

CAcove Moderator Moderator

I thought if you had all of that showing in the my pokemon tab that it would export that data as well. please try that and let me know, if not I will forward this info to the devs for future tweaking.

3. truimagz

truimagz New Member

I thought so as well, I tried modifying the rows shown thinking it would affect the export. But it does not.

4. CAcove

CAcove Moderator Moderator

Thank you for the report, we will have that looked into at a later date :)

5. truimagz

truimagz New Member

As a follow up, I own http://pogonium.com, an ad free pokemon manager. It is not for profit.

This tool has an API, and the ability to do file uploads for importing pokemon data. https://www.reddit.com/r/POGONIUM/comments/6myn7a/public_api/

My point here, is that if Pokefarmer included the ability to use this API, as in export to Pogonium, I think your current user base would absolutely love having the additional feature. And having a pocket Pokedex for viewing in the field. It's a Battle Ready Dex that includes tons of battle info.

Again, this is an ad free community tool, and I plan on making a big deal out of Pokefarmer being able to export the needed data for an import. But thought if I was going to promote Pokefarmer because of this, Pokefarmer might find it valuable to promote it as well, or facilitate it via the API, just one extra button.

Several other products have jumped on this already, but of course they don't have the userbase or exposure of Pokefarmer.

Either way I look forward to being able to use the export, I've been a customer for almost a year, and it's really bumbed me out to always see that export there and not being able to do anything with it because of the data it exports.

I could share my analytics as well, to show I bring something to the table.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017