• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [BGBot] Gettin' some lovin'. Post your issues here so I can get them fixed.

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by Apoc, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Apoc

Apoc Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Since I'm fairly happy with how the rest of the bot is working right now (no glaring issues such as crashes, etc), its time to get BGBot back on par to where I had planned.

First things first, keep this thread civilized. And READ THE ENTIRE THREAD. If your issue has been posted before, please, don't post again unless you have useful information to add.

DO NOT post 3 word posts saying "shit is broken" or the like. I need as much info on the problem as possible, and a way to reproduce the issue. I will not even bother looking into issues without sufficient information, or a way to reproduce it. Please don't waste either of our time.

Issues
      • All
        • Implement Defend, Attack, or "Default" logic.
        • Water weight needs to be increased. (Force it to avoid water more often.)
        • Better logic for healing classes
        • Randomize nav paths a bit
        • Attack, Defend, and Guard logic.
        • Insignia Looting (this is very low prio, don't expect it any time soon!)
        • Party BG Botting (this one is a bit rough, so expect it to come far after pure BG botting does)
        • Increase random-ness of logic. (Attack/Defend/Guard logic systems should help with this)
        • Add resurrect "lag". (Don't accept right away) 1-6s lag?
      • AV
        • Logic is sub-par.
        • Add flag/tower capturing.
      • AB
        • Don't leave flags unattended!
      • BFG
        • Don't leave flags unattended!
      • EotS
        • Fix the boulder jumping. (This one is rough, as its not just starting-area logic based. Requires some navigational fixes)
      • IoC
        • Teleporters break sometimes.
        • Should use the main gate at the start of the BG. Not sure why it doesn't currently.
      • SotA
        • Teleporters break sometimes.
        • Gets stuck on broken doors
        • Have it attack demolishers when on defense.
        • Have it interact with bombs placed at doors (if not being attacked)
      • TP
        • Starting area points should be the doors. Not the tunnels.
        • Once the BG starts, should go to midfield or EFT.
        • Offensive Logic - Add option for which "gate" to go in on opposing faction
      • WSG
        • Fix the spikes near the horde tunnel entrance.
        • Fix an odd waiting bug at the start of the BG.

Fixed Issues
      • Increased unit radius for the BFG mesh. Should fix the issue with getting off the boat at the start.
      • IOC - Horde will now go to the workshop by default. Alliance will go to the docks by default.
      • Hotspot locations are now... random! Well, randomized within 15 yards of the "Center" tag for a box. This will defeat any "stacking" of bots. (They will also move a bit every 15s, simulating a player looking around)
      • Will join as a "group" if you're in a party. This does NOT mean it has any party-friendly logic. It will simply hit the "Join as Group" button instead. (It will still use logic as if it were by itself)
      • New targeting! Includes the ability to switch targets depending on if they're being focused. Will be adding extra weight to healers once some reversing is done.
      • EOTS
        • Much, much smarter offensive logic.
        • Will purposefully run into battles, taking into account "in-conflict" or "uncontrolled" bases first. (It will always try to go to a fight where we're trying to capture a base first, then check for anything we don't own, go there, then just find any base with a fight going on)
        • Will completely avoid the flag area if its not currently a point-of-interest. (ie. it will only ever go near the flag if we have all 4 bases capped, and we're just running flags to finish the game)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
    2. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

3. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

alright ... now for the most common issues

WSG Mesh - there's a pike near one of the doors on horde side that we get stuck on, a lot
      Insignia removal / return flag - i believe there's a plugin for this atm... but it would be nice if the bot itself had an option (ie: target mounted players?)
      Something I would like seen:
      Give us checkboxes for what logic *we* want our bot to do

Some people like to attack flags, some people like to stand midfield and die or farm, some people like to camp towers, or ... default logic

user requests thread:
      http://www.thebuddyforum.com/honorbuddy-forum/25734-users-requests-bot-additions-fixes-etc.html

Jon310 has a good post:
      http://www.thebuddyforum.com/honorb...uests-bot-additions-fixes-etc.html#post312620

Bot runs through water a lot (i've seen this) in BfG, TP, and AB. it's annoying and the bot not only runs through the water, he turns around multiple times like a re-re

my personal QQ from TP and BfG:
      not switching gates in SoTA? someone said

anyways - i'm sure you'll understand the User Requests thread more than I... i've tried to keep it cleaned up since I made it

Cheers

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
    4. panYama

panYama Community Developer

Eye of the Storm:
      Had multiple issues when ever you start(Alliance) the bot would run of the boulder(starting point) and on landing it would try to run up to the last known point(which is in air) and is stuck untill death or stop/start correction.

*fixes i've tried:
      - reinstall mesh folder
      - fresh install hb

*log:
      none

5. Dre

Dre Member

WSG often wants to send a rez'd person back to the flag room, but with the spawn area lowered your running into the hillside. DEAD GIVEAWAY!

I tried woots BG's paths still same problem and I think woot even referenced the mesh as the problem and not the profiles that were updated.

Also the DPS just dosent seem to add up... I tried multiple CC's but I often run into other bots with no help from the other side around that just seem to be a 3 hit wonder and im dead, this goes for my DK, Pally, Rogue.

I will que for som BG's today and watch them closely and update on here what I notice.

So far
      WSG -Horde-
      Round starts and the bot take's the path to the ramp and meets the Alliance army solo 99% of the time
      Spawn runs into hillside (MUST fix)
      Jumps down and runs into logs thats on the ground

AV -Horde-
      Round starts and 5 people rush to cap that farm flag... This I think very little of but it does get me going "hmm" and the 2nd or 3rd flag with people you dont know going the same way as the bot

And yeah like kick says above this. The wide mounts always seems to hook these objects where the slim mounts like horse and such dont grab it near as much.

6. Dre

Dre Member

From http://www.thebuddyforum.com/genera...roxbots-closing-all-aboard-thebuddyforum.html

7. Apoc

Apoc Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Keep the stuff coming, and I'll keep fixing it!

Just started a full rewrite of our SOTA and IOC handling to see if I can fix the issues being seen. Will keep y'all updated with how it goes.

8. Obliv

Obliv New Member

AV Alliance
      1) When the BG first starts the bot always stops at the bottom of the hill right before it gets to the 3rd ally bunker. It will then head up the hill, usually stopping again in an "odd" spot.
      2) Make the alliance go to the right of Belinda. Currently the bot always travels to the left, which makes you stand out and puts you in direct path of the Horde. Depending on the CC.. sometimes it will stop, dismount, and try to attack them as they go by. Instant death.
      3) The bot should try to capture certain graveyards / towers, depending on the faction.

Just a suggestion if it's even possible: I would love to see better logic for healers. If 5 people are at a flag fighting and 3 of them are healers.. skip it. If 5 people are fighting at a flag and none of them are healers.. that's where I need to be. This would help divide the healers up a little bit to better support the DPS.

9. panYama

Logic for healing classes, I've seen multiple times that I level up a healer, put it in BG and then bam, it start to go near enemies since its trying to be in the combat a lot but then it tries to heal his ass off in order to stay alive which is simple stupid.

10. peanutbird

peanutbird New Member

First thing I would wish for would be some sort of fuzzy logic. More random behavior is really needed these days in BGs where more than one HB BGbot runs, because BGbot itself with a good CC looks surprisingly human-like, but two characters running the exactly same path or always standing on top of each other throws up a huge flag.

A long term solution could be user-editable .xml profiles for BGbot, where people can make their own hotspots (and paths/behavior weightings?)

Maybe you could add more hotspots and have the bot chose randomly from one of them. I would also like some insight on how BGbot decides where to go in games like BFG or AB, because the overly defensive behavior isn't always a good thing when 5 bots stand still at one flag in BFG. (it has happened to me before)

11. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

bots running on top of each other, due to the navigator, generating the same path from point to point, like one base to another (in AV). i know theres not a lot of information, but there's gotta be a way to make it NOT take the most direct path, and randomize the path the bot takes. one way would be to add blackspots so it forces it to take detours, and then make something to switch those up. so at least in AV it makes the path more random.

also when its mounted, it tends to ignore players and run past them (most of the time) you might already be addressing this in your "targeting issues" but ether way.

12. pschmidt

pschmidt New Member

2 and + HB bots running at the same time in small BGs like AB and WSG most of the time lead to awkward situation where you have them all bunched up following exact same route :/

13. greaterdeath

greaterdeath New Member

In AV the bot will randomly stop, and then sometimes go back the direction it just came, regardless of where your default hotspot is. Also in AV - if you're ally - sometimes after it stops it keeps going and it will go down the wrong side of Balinda towards field of strife and get obliterated by oncoming horde.

AB, BfG, EotS: Once the node is captured the bot will leave; I would really like an option to stay and defend the node for "x" period of time, or if thats not possible code the bot to stay a *variable* amount of time before leaving.

Also, just want to check that this actually works: today I changed the default hotspots in AB by -4 for each one, to try avoid all the hb bots stacking up on top of each other. It seems to have worked, but once I was stacked - so would it be a coincidence I stacked or coincidence I didn't? I wasn't watching the whole time.

14. mastahg

mastahg Administrator Staff Member

I'd like if it didn't wait 30 seconds at the start of WSG before doing anything.

15. HB5715I37

HB5715I37 New Member

Line of sight issues, Bot targets player in a building (whilst bot is outside), Bot will then do the 3 step Bot shuffle repeatedly until it either manages to get in the building, the targeted player goes out of range or the Bot is engaged by another player.

Might be shooting a bit high...but, how about a logical chat function for each BG that can be edited by the user

i.e. AB, Bot recognises which Resource it is near and when it gets into a (fight) calls incomming,

Bot recognises that we are holding 3 of 5 resources and bg chats one of a list of user defined - Defend what we have, dont push out yet

and/or randomly bg chats says anyone of a user defined list i.e. call incommings, LM safe for now (if at LM and not being attacked)

Would like to see the BGFIX pluggin in the BGBot settings

Plus rep and hugs for looking at this Bot even if you ignore my suggestions :)

A follow the crowd option, biggest crowd (your own side) stay with it

16. mastahg

mastahg Administrator Staff Member

Also, I wouldn't mind if it's source was opened, that way people(me) could make personal modifications to it.

17. theatristformallyknownasG

theatristformallyknownasG Active Member

Agreed bot is quite stable now, glad you are looking at it Apoc.

Maybe focus on whatever is "call to arms" this weekend so it can get a good work out ?

G

18. panYama

General:

- When at a flag location, don't stand there and do nothing like the other 3 botters. (a small location swap would already make the difference or even if it would shuffle between that location and a fight location or so)
      - don't stop at random locations that aren't being used ex AV where it pauzes a lot and doesn't go via the proper way to boss 1(alliance) and thus dying as always
      - make a logic where it will capture the flag maybe and try run back to base, or pick up the flag if dropped next to you and run to base
      - insignia looting
      - option maybe to stick as group or go spread
      - group pvp??(would love to see a heavy melee, resto druid, ranged work them baddies in pvp)

If I find more relevant info of my bots ill post here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Owneth

Owneth Member

As mentioned above, just work on Fuzzy Logic and Randomness of the bot along with LOS/Targeting and avoidance situations like detecting 30 enemy players coming your direction... Don't try to fight them all by yourself... Run and get killed to look more realistic who stands there and fights 10+ enemy players at once... Let alone step into a group of them...

Rez a little slower to look less bottish... Just do what your doing and rework it to look more human... It's very easy to tell its a bot by how it runs around and cuts corners super close... no zig zagging or "player like" behaviors gives it away... Especially people who have used the bot before... Make it twist jump and zig zag more...

20. punisher775

punisher775 New Member

ok so i know im gunna get flamed for posting this but anyways.

when i queue for AV i can go on all night and know i wont DC or afk out or anything.
      as soon as i try random BGs, i always get DC'd overnight.

my guess is i get stuck somewhere in a random BG and the thing gets reported afk and i guess he just waits for deserter and gets DC'd cuz hes afk. might not be it. but it happened today in AB, i left it on while i was shopping and playing Wii with my GF and when i came to check up on it it was DC'd (that was while i was farming AB for the call to arms weekend for conquest cap).

anyways. a simple anti afk check if we get deserter would be nice. i honestly didnt sit to see if it did that already but when i get home and leave BGs i dont notice it taking over while i buy/gem/reforge my new gear. like id see it jump or try to move in a direction if it would try to.
      the random BG feature needs some love but im sorry i cant really help about specific issues. i just get DC'd everytime i run it. i will farm AB all night and ill post a new reply to this thread with the appropriate log. i just restarted honorbuddy over 20 times today for plugins so i wouldnt be able to tell wich log is the good one.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.