• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Black Talon profile?

Discussion in 'Buddy Wing Profiles' started by hp33604, Nov 23, 2016.

1. hp33604

hp33604 New Member

Is there a working profile for this? I could use it to farm influence on my companion. Thanks

2. Praline

Praline Member

Soloing Black Talon/Esselles is now a great place to grind CXP so it would be totally awesome if we did have a profile for it. Metrienne, feel up to it? I will buy you a case of beer and even throw in a couple of well...er...somethings! :p

3. jamilnielsen

jamilnielsen Member

you could always do it yourself, making grind profiles is really easy.
      A: get the emty grind template
      B: find a shop and "dump target" and use that in the profile
      C: systematically "dump target" on one target per group and repeat this until you get bored
      D: note down the names of the targets you want in the name section
      save and launch it while you'r in the area!

also i'm sure people don't want to share these yet since they're just that good.
      besides, if enough grind those areas, the ban hammer will hit.

4. Praline

Praline Member

You're right. making a grinding profile is dead easy. Unfortunately, this is a tad more involved and requires steps and "talk to's" and a couple of other things along with a specific pathing etc., etc.
      It won't be instances like this that will get people banned, it will be the obvious use of bots in PVP! But whatever tickles your fancy I guess hahaha
      Yes, it is time I sit down and figure this stuff out myself though, so all good.

5. jamilnielsen

jamilnielsen Member

this bot? for PVP? HAHAHAHHHAAH

PS: just noticed you are talking about a FlashPoint.
      that's most likely not going to happen, there's various issues.
      A: everytime world space is changed, the bot crashes/dies
      B: Flashpoint world spaces are not always the same, they're too unpredictable.
      C: the fact that enemies don't respawn endlessly (as far as i know) means that the bot HAS to finish the flashpoint.

i am however not an expert in the field, so don't take my word for it, but as far as i know these are the issues...i might be tempted to try, but im pretty sure we need 2 things to make this a reallity.
      A: a method were the bot outputs a World Space ID(if it does not already exist)
      B: bypass for world space change bot crash.

i can see B being solved by making an external program that monitors for a Player Dialog box or whatever that thing was called, and when detected press ok and stop, then make that program use pixel search to manually initiate the "next world space" were when loading finishes, it will pixel search for random UI element for confirm, then start the bot again.

however the amount of work needed for this is
      A: a basic macro program
      B: an advanced profile that uses world space ID to refer to profiles for those exact versions of the flashpoint.

its tedious, but not impossible.

something that would make this easier would be a plugin that auto dumps entity names and locations as well as friend/foe, so people that when people go though FP's they could send these logs and eventually creators could have all the FP's states entities, etc mapped out.(data dump's are nice to have)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    6. Praline

Praline Member

It's okay, I didn't. :)
      Been done before with other flashpoints. Look at Metrienne's work if you need a starting point.

7. jamilnielsen

jamilnielsen Member

feel free to link that, because as to my knowledge, this has not been done before successfully.