• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Blizz scans now windows process list.

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by Fantas, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Fantas

Fantas New Member

new anti-cheat agreement.

In an effort to combat the efforts of those individuals who are willing to violate the EULA and/or the TOU, Blizzard Entertainment utilizes an "anti-cheating" utility that runs as part of Blizzard Games. This "anti-cheating" utility performs limited scans of:

(i) the Random Access Memory ("RAM") that is occupied by a Blizzard Game to confirm that the Blizzard Game's program has not been altered or "hacked" in violation of the Blizzard Games Terms of Use;
      (ii) the Blizzard Games "process" to determine if any unauthorized third-party programs or computer code has been attached to the Blizzard Games process; and
      (iii) the Windows Process List to determine if any confirmed hacking or cheating programs are presently open in violation of the Blizzard Games Terms of Use.

https://eu.battle.net/account/legal/anticheating.html

i think thats not legal in EU.

2. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

beating a dead horse much?

of course its not legal, they dont read outside of their own address space. when they say process list, they aren't referring to the one you see when you press Crtl-Alt-Del
      they are talking about the list of processes that are interacting with wow. if you've ever seen an error crash, that's the kind of process list they are talking about.

3. Fantas

Fantas New Member

ok so this i not new? i thought it is new, because 1/2 year ago i read it and there was only that they scan ram, not the windows process list.

4. riverratt

riverratt New Member

sorry I am new to all of this but can't blizz be blocked or locked out from scanning into our computers with a firewall or anti-virus ?

5. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

no its not new, and updating the eula does not effect what the program is actual doing.

no, completely wrong on that one.
      World of warcraft, only cares about whats happening inside of its own process. nothing else is effected.

6. Thecamel

Thecamel Community Developer

I'm just going to point out it clearly states

'(iii) the Windows Process List to determine if any confirmed hacking or cheating programs are presently open in violation of the Blizzard Games Terms of Use."

legal issues aside the Windows process list IS the list your see under the Task manager/processes. If you do or have done a recent MCP certification on windows 8 that is the EXCACT name your required to use during the testing in question 12 of test 3A.

Whilst blizzard may or may not be doing this- I would have no idea- The TOS certainly indicate they will look at your process list..

Perhaps they are referring to process list that is directly interacting with the wow process, but they have certainly written it for us to believe its the Windows process list found under task manger, and considering the TOS is intended to be read and agreed by the END USER (us) its either a scare tactic or they are in fact scanning our processes running, and with the recent banwave that no one seems to have any clue about at the moment, You cant help but think perhaps that's exactly what they did to detect us.

Perhaps not- but either way it should not be dismissed.

I'm not saying its how it happen-in fact its pretty unlikely due to possible legal issues of doing so (no one here can say for sure) but at the end of the day- we are all banned, and I think all possibility's should be eliminated and not dismissed because someone(with no legal qualifications) believes it not to be legal.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.