• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Blizzard Has Sued Us

Discussion in 'Legal' started by Hawker, Jul 19, 2011.

1. HB3717X64

HB3717X64 New Member

rofl..

Best of luck guys.. And hope for blizzards sake they lose, so I can keep paying for accounts.

Now back to business.. I meant botting.. as usual.

2. panYama

panYama Community Developer

wow first thing I see, and now this what does this mean to HB/GB or to its users should we be worried at all or just a little bit?

3. brodiebites

brodiebites Member

Good investment imo.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
    4. wilsonj17

wilsonj17 Active Member

Face fact's people, HB/GB will go down, Money is powerfull and i really highly doubt Blizzard is stupid enough to try and sue if they know they dont stand a chance of winning, Also the dev's dont know what there up against untill they recieve the paper's, I just cant imagine them facing Blizzard in court with them facing the chance with losing all there profit's from the selling of the buddy product's, HB/GB will cease in my oppinion and from the ashes off HB a new bot will be made public...

Glider - HB -??????

Give it 2 week's and when the dev's know what there up against the Timer will kick off for how long HB will have left before getting taken offline.

5. cowabunga69

cowabunga69 New Member

As someone who lives in Germany I am overjoyed Blizzard has tried to sue you here. They are going to find it very very difficult as on the whole as German law sides with the underdog over larger corporate interest in a much stronger way than elsewhere in Europe and even if they are successful they may only claim a portion of any profits you may have had. Stay positive as I sincerely do not see anything you are doing wrong under German law and you are in the best place you can be for these kind of cases.

A question though Hawker, is it on the grounds of intellectual property rights infringement? It will take them years and years to even get a hearing if your lawyer is any good. I'd enjoy every court hearing with a smug ear to ear grin if I was Bossland, right after offering the Blizz execs a beansprout salad at the nearest canteen.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
    6. sneakyspency

sneakyspency New Member

Germany is not America my friend, money does not always = power with the laws, and believe it or not there are still places in the the world where people still try and do the right thing in cases such as this. Americans makes me disgusted sometimes because many think that money is everything. It is not.

Privacy and fairness are important here. It is not HB's fault that people choose to use their software.

It's like bittorrent clients. It's not utorrents fault I illegally download movies. Why should they be blamed?

Yes bossland makes the software, and it serves only 1 purpose. But they warn you... they say that if you use this with WoW it is against ToS.

Did Bossland agree to blizz ToS? Does it say in the ToS you cannot develope software to automate wow, even if you don't play, never have, never will and never agreed to anything with blizz? Bullshit.

We'll see what happens, but I can say this much that people in Europe care little for butt hurt American profit driven control-obsessive neurotic fuck trains like Blizzard.

Especially when this deals with doing shit in a fucking video game. Who gives a shit.

7. Xume

Xume Member

Imho, Blizz by suing Boss, they are putting a dent on the sales of Buddy products, and they are hoping that in the end the loose of revenues will outweight the legal cost. Its just a common practiced tactic of large companies against smaller ones
      I wish the Buddy team best of lucks

8. cowabunga69

cowabunga69 New Member

Activision Blizzard is a subsidiary of the Vivendi group, better known as Canal+ the french cable company. We all know how welcome the french are in Germany when they start complaining. And the ToS is not legally binding in any way, all blizz can do is ban you from their services

9. sneakyspency

sneakyspency New Member

Trans-Atlantic French/American butthurtness.... dear oh dear. :p

10. ilyals

ilyals Member

Gazprom - rules the world! Blizzard, If you sue Botters I swear we will turn off gas for you!!!!

11. cowabunga69

cowabunga69 New Member

Haha yeah dont screw with the Russians

Hawker, Bossland if you've still got time to read forums please post the details of the opposing law firm. There are several socially minded pressure groups who protect consumer rights who will most likely make it impossible for them to get to work in the mornings.

12. sneakyspency

sneakyspency New Member

Yeah look at Georgia...

13. Malakai

Malakai New Member

amen

14. sneakyspency

sneakyspency New Member

Us botters in Germany should go on a hunger strike if this ever actually makes it to a court. lol

15. sparks

sparks Active Member

more than likely they will first ask for a list of the users. Then they will tell the court that they are eating away at their profits and how they can't stay in business without them shutting down.
      Then they will say oh they are hacking and stealing our code and should be shut down and we want 6 million dollars in losses.
      Just like glider.

then they loose on appeal and didn't bribe the right judge or something and still they appeal and appeal and it never gets done because they have all the money and they already have what they want glider shut down UNTIL the fiinal court ruling that will never happen.

In america MONEY buys anything and everything.
      SAD but this country is dying and no one in the country gives a F

16. fernir

fernir Member

Good thing this is happening in Germany and not America then.

17. Gentoo

Gentoo Active Member

Pretty sure that Germany is not located within the US borders.. I'd be willing to bet that Boss thought about all this long before opening shop, and located it in Germany for a reason. I aint worried about shit.

18. xcure

xcure Member

Im reading some of you guys post and im fucking shocked and at the same time kinda hurt a little but. What the shit is your problem? Is HB safe? of course its safe being in a legal bind doesn't mean it magicly became UNSAFE. And im pretty there will be retards comming out of the woodwork botting like stupid, getting banned and then saying "OH ITS BECAUSE THEY'RE GETTING SUED" go SCREW yourself.

Second, $$, $$$$$$$, and more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$........... Why are you guys crying over this? For me, personally, DO DOLLAR amount can ever replace the use of HB, interacting with the people who made it possible, and the rest of the community. You have some sick obsession over paper that you never question WHAT GIVES OUR DOLLAR VALUE??? I feel like slapping the shit out of some of you. Sorry for being outrageous but this is fucking rediculous.

HB is safe. It will continue to be safe, and the only way we're gonna see these events through is together.

@ Honorbuddy Staff::

I have a FIOS connection 33DL / 33UL connection with a 2tb hdd, and a 5tb external, if you need me to host or do anything just say the word and its done.

-Xcure-

19. hbkx1

hbkx1 Member

Why doesnt Blizzard work to do something constructive like voice a concern over fucking Chinese using prisoners to farm gold to sell.....oh wait theyd lose a few subscriptions god forbid.

20. Megser

Megser Well-Known Member

They'll lose even more if botters dissapear :).