• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Blizzard may investigate by IP, details inside.

Discussion in 'Discussions (no Ban Reports here)' started by terir, Sep 24, 2015.

1. terir

terir New Member

I have been botting for a while now, and I recently got to botting a good amount of accounts the past couple months. I started one felblight bot, and 1 dungeon bot. They were doing fine, and then I got 2 more dungeon bots on the same server, same computer, same IP, same dungeon as the others. That lasted about 1-2 weeks and all 3 dungeon bots got banned. Felblight bot was still farming though. During that period I sold gold, and got ripped off for all my money, but I started up 3 more dungeon bots to see if I can have the same success as my last group (oldest one lasting 42 days). I got those 3 up to 90 and got banned within hours. This isn't for botting though, abuse of economy. I have no idea why, because my main account that holds the gold is fine, my felblight bot is still fine, AND my account I sold the gold was fine. Only thing I can think of that they were bought of an online reseller for $4 less, and not blizz store.

That brings me to my next and most interesting experiment. 3 more bots, bought off an online reseller, 2 horde, 1 alliance, 3 different servers, 3 different guilds, 2 were running gundrak, 1 was running botanica. No connection at all besides the same IP, MAC, and I guess time schedules which I don't feel is strong evidence. These were banned about 4 days after they hit 90.

What can we take from this little experiment:
      Characters on different servers, guilds, dungeons, factions can get banned at the same time. This leads me to believe that blizz may set a cap on how many wows run on 1 pc or ip, and flags the computer that has more than that. Which is odd because my feblight bot is on 75+ days going strong. There is also someone in the house that plays wow but does not bot, and still is fine also.

Can someone tell me what to make of this? Why are just my dungeon bots getting hit? Is all the hoopla about V*S/ V*N, and V | M true? Should each be on its seperate machine with diff ip?

Anyway, hope this helps some people, I can already see some bad feedback coming because there are some miserable people in this community :)

Thanks,
      Terir

EDIT: Another cause may be that the last 6 that got banned were bought from the online reseller/stealer?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    2. kirdd

kirdd New Member

It is also not just IP, but the Hardware ID of your network card as well that they track. That being said, they only really start logging and looking into those kind of things when multiple accounts are logged into the game from the same location/network card.

3. terir

terir New Member

Cant that be countered by having a V | M with all new hwids?

4. Aion

Aion Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Mate, instead of doing such costy and time consuming experiments, spend an afternoon, reading the forum about safe botting etc.

Most of these were already replicated zillion of times.

Since years Blizzard completely automatic flags & action accounts, accused for botting if all of them are identified to be run on single computer system. That are these Abuse Of Economy mails.

5. Linnoel

Linnoel New Member

Dungeon bots always go down fast.
      That has been happening for years now.

6. Craptuna0813

Craptuna0813 Member

Aion is right there has been plenty of ways to bot without bringing a crap ton of heat your way. First dont bot bg's unless you are controlling the movment. 2. dont farm dungeons blizz knows that bots make crap tons of gold doing this unless you are willing to loose money on accounts every time. 3 dont farm for over 4 hours at a time. some get lucky and can do it for days but consider those accounts dead because it will only be a matter of time before they get you.

7. klepp0906

klepp0906 Banned

May want to do the world a service and post the scumbag thiefs info here? Never know when someone may live close by and have a bat handy. Prolly Chinese no doubt. They figure the chances of ripping off a rich American with the time and means to afford a plane ticket is worth the risk.

But yea - do your research before using those sites. You have little recourse other than spreading the info far and wide to save other ppl (u should be Doing already for moral reasons) and to ruin his business if you can even call it that.

I detest scum. If I had one wish it would be for the anonymity online to be removed. Imagine how that would change the way people operate.

8. air

air Member

start with yourself! who is klepp0906? rename your account to your real name! public your address in profile!

o yeah. would you like walkin on the street with id plate on your back with your name, age, address etc?

9. NHK

NHK Member

I've sold some 2-3mil gold previous year, in December and early January. Then I received permabans on all my accounts, which were involved in RMT.
      Any account that i would try to use for gold selling would be banned max in a few hours after the trade. Then i've stopped botting WoW for a while, returned back in May - only to lose all my accounts during the May Banwave.
      THEN - i've changed my IPs, MAC addresses, deleted and reinstalled WoW on both my PCs. Started fresh in August with 4 accounts, 3 lvl90 battlechests + 1 lvl100 (felblight farm). 2 different guilds, 2 different servers, 2 different IPs on 2 different PCs.
      They all got hit few days ago. The 100lvl one was the last to go, so I wouldn't hold much hope for WoD accounts being ban-proof.

Now is the kicker - the ban i got was for "economy abuse", not for "automated 3rd party software".
      Even though I DIDN'T sold ANY gold this time. I wanted to stockpile some gold for the expansion and thought that staying away from RMT would keep me safe, since i have fresh IPs and everything.
      And it did until recently. But now they have also banned all accounts, which were in these 2 guilds as well (I haven't checked all of them yet, but it look that way).

I guess simple IP/MAC change + client reinstall doesn't help anymore. Of course I can setup on VM with new dedicated IPs from different VPS for each WoW session, but VMs consume way too much resources and WoW gold prices fell off the cliff in the last year, so it's not that profitable anymore.

10. xocol

xocol New Member

account

i got 6/7 ban right now , 6 running DG solo , and one just doing quest lvl 85-90 doesnt get ban , so i believe isnt HB fault

All account running 20h per day

started 13/10 banned 15/10

I dont have VPN just VM ,two toons for VM.

i awalys believe the first step from blizzard script:

1 -find same ip after that

2 - what they account doing ?
      -same thing
      -too long time online
      -deposit or change gold

3- confirm and ban

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    11. Urd

Urd New Member

Jesus...

I can't figure out how the hell you guys come up with the IP theory.
      Unless you pay your ISP company to have a STATIC IP (which is not cheap, i tell you), then it means you have a DYNAMIC IP.
      Which means that your IP is going to change every so often (varies, but one IP usually lasts for 1 to 2 weeks).
      It doesn't matter what IP you had months ago!

Heck, you can even manually change the IP with a sinple /ip release / ip renew...

12. webhond

webhond TEMPORARILY MUTED

you forgot one thing in your post

this : tl;dr Hahaha joke, soz for wasting your time.

13. xocol

xocol New Member

I believe the IP is just a first step to check you , if you doing nothing u wont get ban

14. roifok

roifok Member

Vm + vpn = f**k Blizzard. But yeah you need a "good" PC to get it working smooth or you got VPS..

Now doing profit by buying some pve boost with gold and reselling them for money. But you got pets, mounts and accounts...People love to buy pixels :)

15. GranPapi

GranPapi Member

Any chance you can share the reliable site where you sold your accounts?

16. Lister

Lister New Member