Discussion in 'Legal' started by bossland, Dec 4, 2012.
I think this is the only time I'm glad to be in the US. Lol
Sind dann nur Updates, oder auch die Mesh-Auslieferung betroffen?
Hoffentlich sind die Mesh daten nicht betroffen, es w?re wirklich schade, wenn ich mit meinen 40+ Sessions auf eine Illegale Hb version zugreifen m?sste :/.
h?tte da mal 2 Fragen zu Bosslands deutscher Erkl?rung auf der ersten Seite!
1. Was ist mit alten Kunden gemeint? (Welcher Zeitraum)
2. Es kann bis zu einem Update von HB weiterverwendet werden, hei?t das die Authserver werden nicht f?r deutsche gesperrt?
Es w?re sch?n wenn diese Punkte von offizieller Seite nochmals genauer erkl?rt w?rden.
So, german users will still be able to use the software but you have to stop the sales to german users?
Will german users still be able to use honorbuddy? As you only mentioned that you have to stop the "sale" part to german users.
They cannot distribute (sell the software to new users) within Germany after January 29, 2013. They can continue to support users with valid licenses of HonorBuddy up to, and beyond, January 29, 2013 until their licenses expire. If you have a lifetime license, then there is no expiration date, so updates can still be given as it is a continued support feature that happened before the ruling.
Beyond January 29, 2013 if a user with a geolocation tag located within Germany attempts to purchase the software, they will be disallowed due to restrictions set by the ruling. All existing users before this date within Germany will still be able to use the software, but will not be able to purchase any further upgrades/licenses of HonorBuddy. Their existing software purchase before this date are still valid and can be updated/serviced as normal.
This is my understanding of the hearing that was mentioned in the original post.
Hello people, you'll have to disclose everything here? It is forbidden here, for German users how to get this German IP can handle. See German Forum and English Forum Post. Then there is at least from the 29.1.2012 not more as many German users. Can the use the bot. Again because of the fact that if the everybody knows how can bypass this German IP, thus some and try it again from the front is the circus lot.
not sure really i live in the U.S. and tried buying demonbuddy and it thinks i live in germany sent a e-mail to the support email still waiting for a response for a whitelist on my 3rd day
W?re ein W?rfel der nur 6er w?rfelt nicht auch von nachteil ? ^^
Not according to Boss no. Updates count as distribution so no updates allowed.
This is utter bullshit.
How the hell did they come up with these ?
1. The rules of a game are not the law. How the hell did they arrive at the conclusion that violating the rules of a game should be grounds for preventing you from selling ?
2. How the hell did he compare WoW with Ludo, and additionally, what he is describing is CHEA7ING and hacking, not BOTTING. Did no one explain to him the difference between using a machine to "dice only 6's" and letting a machine throw the dice for you ? Such comparisons and generalizations are not serious arguments anyway, because games are different and WoW is not Ludo. This is totally invalid and sounds like he is grabbing for a straw.
3. Communication between players ? How is THAT "obstructing" Blizzard ? Does this mean, that similarly, a player who is mean can also be taken to court for that, since they are "obstructing" Blizzard with their communications ? First of all, players can use tools to continue communicating with others while botting, and if they don't want to communicate, they won't communicate much without bots too. Some examples are LFD and LFR groups, where people don't communicate much at all and just roll around killing stuff, grabbing their loot and leaving.
They didn't go there to socialize, they went to get some loots be done with it. Additionally, in what position would such an argument put all vendors of Voice communication software who are competing with Blizzard's built-in "Voice Chat" feature, making it essentially obsolete and enabling players to enter into unmoderated communications on umoderated by Blizzard subjects, bypassing their control policies and internal communication rules by conducting their Voice Chat communications outside of the game, which in turn affects the game world negatively, as there is nobody to talk with in the Voice Chat channel, or in the text chat channels, as everyone is communicating through Voice outside of the game.
Additionally, one might argue, that through the use of improved third-party voice communication programs, players can run through the content faster and easier than their peers who don't, essentially gaining an advantage over them they were not meant to have by design, which leads to the creation of content, which is better suited for this type of players, making it hard for everyone else who doesn't rely on third-party voice chat programs to advance through the content.
4. Since when is the expression "WOW" a trademark protected by Blizzard, together with the word "Bot".
5. How did they reach the conclusion that you shouldn't be selling to Germans, if no law has ever been violated and the only thing the judge ever quoted was "the rules of the game". This is simply stupid.
6. Did nobody mention that through botting, players who otherwise find the game too grindy for their tastes, or hate too much many of its aspects are enabled to continue playing by skipping the boring, grindy parts, instead of going out and looking for a better game, they will enjoy actually playing, paying Blizzard subscription fees in the process, earning them money.
You should really get a real lawyer if you can afford it. Looks like Blizzard have done some serious lobbying there and the judge is trying to use straw man's arguments to get a sentence against you.
Perhaps a private investigator could shed some light on the relationship between Blizzard and that judge, if you are allowed to do and use that in court ?
Finde ich eine sauerei,Richter die sich mit dem Bot nicht besch?ftigen bzw sich mit WOW nicht auskennen wollen versuchen ein Gerechtes Urteil zu sprechen.
Bestimmt war das ein 70 Jahre alter Sack der gerade mal einen Pc anschalten kann.
Naja,mit dem Honorbuddy nur in deutschland verboten finde ich doof,immer sind die deutschen die geschmierten...
Naja,Bossland Kopf hoch! du schaffst das.
Its also a Win for Boss he can sell HB to the Rest of the World!!
Dann wir der 29. Januar wohl eine menge Spass bringen.
Ich bin angemeldet und wohnhaft in Frankreich, bin aber oft in Deutschland, heisst das ich darf den Bot dann aus Deutschland nicht mehr benutzen? Das find ich nicht grade eine saubere L?sung. Dann w?rde ich gerne ein Update auf meine Franz?sische IP haben so dass ich es auf der Deutschen auch nutzen kann oder ist dir das das auch untersagt bossland? werden die authserver dann deutsche ips blocken oder erhalten deutsche ips keine updates mehr? das geht aus deinem text nicht ganz hervor.
ach was. so wie Bossland geschrieben hat, hat der Richter ja eigene Anmerkungen gemacht, die 2 M?glichkeiten zulassen:
a) Der Richter hat sich deutlich mit dem Thema und dem Spiel besch?ftigt und viel zu viel "Spiel macht s?chtig, kampf den Spielabh?ngigen" gelesen
b) der Richter hat oder spielt selber und ist ein Bot-Hasser (gibt ja genug sogar hier im Forum
zu meinem Vorredner: die Frage ist ob Bossland f?r all die anderen L?nder updates ver?ffentlich. Weil wenn k?nnten dies ja dann auch deutsche nutzen und das w?r dann sinnfrei.
Soielen geht noch, bis Blizz nach Ende Januar ein Update ver?ffentlicht und das wird unter garantie kommen
What does it mean? if i use it after the 29. of Jannuary i get instant banned because they can see it?
no it wil be the same as befor only german people cant use it anymore til a time. its stil the same just bot smart if u dont wanna get a ban
Hello people, but not such publications here! There are enough spies. But keep your tricks for you, and give it not price.
Separate names with a comma.