Demonbuddy for Season 16 released, updates.buddyauth.com !
  • Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Demonbuddy

Bot not useing Townportal after Townrun

Discussion in 'Demonbuddy Support' started by ditze86, Feb 12, 2019.

1. ditze86

ditze86 New Member

Hi, my demonbuddy is not using the townportal after the townrun and goes back through the portal at the obelisk to stage 1 and then gets stuck.

another problem is that the bot is stashing things it should not stash according to the itemlist.

the fps issue has already been mentioned.

the bot used to work good years ago, what happened? How will users be compensated for the not working time?

ps: it's pretty stupid to want users to upload logfiles and then the logfiles the bot creates are too big to upload... https://1drv.ms/t/s!AoAZxMoP6444jDtNcMy0YT_9tsMe

Tony likes this.
  2. Fuzzy16

Fuzzy16 Member

i've noticed this too.. sometimes it takes it's TP but usually just runs back into the rift portal regardless if you're on a different floor...it's annoying.

3. Tony

Tony "The Bee" Staff Member Moderator

use beta build instead and let me know plz

4. Fuzzy16

Fuzzy16 Member

beta doesn't work at all for me. Instantly crashes d3 every time sadly :(

5. Elektrozoider

Elektrozoider Member

Yes, it sucks to see everytime the bot going to town in middle of a Rift or GR, lets say in floor 2, 3, 4 or floor 7 to trash and/or repair items and then picking the rift gate to floor 1... It is just a bad coded algorithm in Trinity. It really makes no sense to pick the rift gate when there is an open portal owned in town... I hope the dev cares to fix this behavior...

Testing a beta will not fix anything. I remember this behavior always had been like this.

Anyways, If you feel that the bot will not need to open a town portal to go to repair items in blacksmith, then a temporal fix could be:

1. In the RiftCoroutine.cs file, first you delete all this code:

Code:
                if (AdvDia.CurrentWorldId == ExplorationData.ActHubWorldIds[Act.A1] && (AdvDia.RiftQuest.Step == RiftStep.KillingMobs || AdvDia.RiftQuest.Step == RiftStep.BossSpawned || AdvDia.RiftQuest.Step == RiftStep.UrshiSpawned))
                {
                    if (!EnteringRiftStates.Contains(State))
                    {
                        Core.Logger.Log(
                            "[Rift] Oh darn, I managed to return to town, I better go back in the rift before anyone notices.");
                        State = States.MoveToRiftStone;
                        return;
                    }
                }
    2. Next, you replace this code:

Code:
                    case RiftStep.BossSpawned:
                        Core.Logger.Log("[Rift] I wonder why am I in town while the boss is spawned in the rift, I'm taking my chances with this portal.");
                        return false;

case RiftStep.UrshiSpawned:
                        Core.Logger.Log("[Rift] I wonder why am I in town while Urshi spawned in the rift, I'm taking my chances with this portal.");
                        return false;

case RiftStep.KillingMobs:
                        Core.Logger.Log("[Rift] I wonder why am I in town while there are many mobs to kill in the rift, I'm taking my chances with this portal.");
                        return false;
    For this:

Code:
                    case RiftStep.BossSpawned:
                        Core.Logger.Log("[Rift] I wonder why am I in town while the boss is spawned in the rift, I'm taking my chances with this portal.");
                        // Addresses an issue where the bot uses Rift Stone instead of Town Portal to return to rift/grater rift.
                        State = States.MovingToExitPortal;
                        return false;

case RiftStep.UrshiSpawned:
                        Core.Logger.Log("[Rift] I wonder why am I in town while Urshi spawned in the rift, I'm taking my chances with this portal.");
                        // Addresses an issue where the bot uses Rift Stone instead of Town Portal to return to rift/grater rift.
                        return false;

case RiftStep.KillingMobs:
                        Core.Logger.Log("[Rift] I wonder why am I in town while there are many mobs to kill in the rift, I'm taking my chances with this portal.");
                        return false;
    3. Finally, you run a new instance of DemonBuddy to compile Trinity source-code with the changes made.

This will solve the issue about opening a town portal to go to trash items/free slots at blacksmiith and then picking the rift gate. Instead, it will pick the open portal in town to return at the exact location on which you have opened that portal. However, I noticed that if your gears need to be repaired then for some reason the bot will not do that, and instead it will enter in a "infinite loop" opening a town portal and going back the portal... don't ask me why.

I will try to analyze and fix this behavior by my own, when I could have more time to analyze it.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    Tony likes this.