• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [BotExtension] Prosto_Pets: Custom Pet Tactics

Discussion in 'Botbases' started by Studio60, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Studio60

Studio60 Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

This thread is about custom pet tactics for the Prosto_Pets BotBase. You can find this amazing botbase in the [Bot] Prosto_Pets: Battle Pets 4 in 1, and more thread.

Prosto_Pets is under heavy development and Prostak is doing a great job. I myself was thinking about creating a botbase, but why reinvent the wheel? Instead, I decided to help him out in any way I can. As some of you might have noticed, there were roughly 120 of the newer pets missing and that has already been remedied by me. Now I am facing a larger challenge by updating all of the older tactics that more often than not consist of "use skill 1" tactics. If you find a pet in the list, the tactic should be in a good spot. If you see any weird behaviour regarding the pet tactics, please use this thread to tell me, anything else regarding bot functionality, profiles etc. belongs in the main thread.

New Base Tactics (Status: 100%)

[table="align: left, class: grid"]
      [tr]
      [td]Aquatic[/td]
      [td]All 73 pets up to patch 6.0.3 + Leviathan Hatchling*[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]Beast[/td]
      [td]All 144 pets up to patch 6.0.3[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]Critter[/td]
      [td]All 113 pets up to patch 6.0.3[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]Dragonkin[/td]
      [td]All 37 pets up to patch 6.0.3[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]Elemental[/td]
      [td]All 63 pets up to patch 6.0.3[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]Flying[/td]
      [td]All 104 pets up to patch 6.0.3[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]Humanoid[/td]
      [td]All 39 pets up to patch 6.0.3 + Sister of Temptation*, Wretched Servant*[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]Magic[/td]
      [td]All 47 pets up to patch 6.0.3 + Abyssius*, Chaos Pup*, Hyjal Wisp*[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]Mechanical[/td]
      [td]All 42 pets up to patch 6.0.3 + Race MiniZep*, Sunblade Micro-Defender*[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]Undead[/td]
      [td]All 34 pets up to patch 6.0.3 + Fragment of Anger*, Fragment of Desire*, Fragment of Suffering*, Grotesque*, Stinkrot*[/td]
      [/tr]
      [/table]

* Will become available with World of Warcraft Patch 6.1

Roadmap

• Add viable base tactics for all 124 missing pets
      • Merge all new tactics into the core files and refactor/clean them to make them accessible
      • Make a pass on all of the old pet tactics (pre 5.3) to make them viable
      • Extend conditions: Check if the active pet has a specific ability selected: myPetHasAbility(name)[/COLOR]
      • Extend conditions: Detect status changes on pets: (e.g. myPetIsStunned, enemyPetIsBleeding)
      • Extend conditions: Detect webbed state
      • Extend conditions: Detect "lucky" state (extra hit/crit chance)
      • Consolidate pet tactics so that similar attacks follow the same logic if necessary
      • Extend conditions: Detect spells/state of team pets / enemy team pets in battle
      • Extend conditions: Use swaps/passes inside tactics
      • Extend conditions: Detect near end of battle and then stop defensive cooldowns
      • Start working on boss tactics

Pending Patches

(Pending patches have to be merged and released by Prostak before they are publicly available.)

V0014 (Mechanical Pets: Complete)

Complete Changelog: View attachment Prosto_Pets_TacticsRevision_Changelog_ByStudio60.txt

Installation

1. All pet tactics are now included with the bot, so you don't have to install anthing but the bot itself. For the installation and usage of the Prosto_Pets Botbase, please refer to the botbase thread.
      2. Pet Changes in the "Upcoming Changes" will be part of a future build and are there for discussion.
      3. Should you have used the zip file, which I was offering in this thread during the first days of development, I urge you to manually delete /Honorbuddy/Bots/Prosto_Pets/Pets/custom.cs and then update the bot itself.
        If you don't do it, the tactics from the custom.cs will override the newer ones from the core and you won't get to see your pets fighting in all their awesomeness!

FAQ

• How can I contribute?
        In an ideal case you would pick one or more of the pets in the list and level them from their lowest level (either level 1 or the level at which you catch it) and use it in a lot of battles. That is the only way to know if a tactic is any good. And please don't wait for a problem to post in this thread. If you have thoroughly tested a pet, tell me about it. I will mark them in the table as tested, so other people will know.
      • I found a pet that has no tactic. What is up with that?
        Well, I probably overlooked it. I crossreferenced the already existing pet tactics with the pets that are available ingame and compiled a list of missing pets.
        I might have missed one. Just tell me which one and I will add it as soon as I can.
      • I have a problem with a pet tactic not in the list. Can you help?
        Sure. Tell me about it and I will take a look. I have no problem revising existing tactics.
      • I found a tactic that does not work or behaves weird. What do I do?
        Tell me about the issue. What pet has problems? What pet was the enemy? Which ability does not work as expected?
      • How can you create tactics for pets that are not available?
        Yeah granted, those are untested, but that is the case with most tactics when I first design them.
        I figure it is better to have a base tactic on which we can improve upon than none at all and it is not hard to create one if you know the available spells.
      • How can I donate?
        I really do not expect anyone to pay for my work here, but being the starving indie game developer I am,
        I would be stupid not to leave a donate button somewhere in here, after being asked for it. :) So here it is:
        [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    2. Monomo

Monomo New Member

Thx Studio60 for great work ! i will run it all day tomorrow and see what happens.

3. Valpsjuk

Valpsjuk Member

Awesome work!

Will be testign this out for sure!

4. Mr_Hunter

Mr_Hunter Member

One question: Do the Pets only use the first three speels or also the speels which are later available? These one which you have to change manually when the pet is used in the battle group.

Btw: great work and thank you very much.

5. Studio60

In general, the pets are using all spells you have selected. There are a few exceptions though, where I decided to let the pet not use a spell for now.

Example
      Consume Corpse: Consumes an allied corpse to restore 50% of total health. Corpses can only be used once.

I would need a way to check if one of my pets has already died. Otherwise it would not make any sense to use this spell. I hope though, that Prostak will give us a way to check for this when he gets around to it. For now those spells are added with such a low priority that they should not be used at all.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    6. Mr_Hunter

Mr_Hunter Member

Thanks for the answer :) but i have to select the spells for all my Pets one time manually and if i dont change the spells he will always use them until I change them manually?!
      Would be nice when the bot change the spells before each fight automatic. ^^

7. Studio60

Right now, Prosto_Pets does not seem to do this. You can always ask for it by posting in the botbase thread.

I can see why one would want this, but it would be a very elaborate process to make that decision. You would have to check the enemy pet you encountered and have an internal list to check which pets it might team up with. Then you would have to evaluate their attacks to find the best counters. I feel this might be a bit overkill for something that is right now just used to level your pets. I have no idea though how Prostak's team feels about it, so feel free to head over there and ask.

8. Mr_Hunter

Mr_Hunter Member

I think you are right ^^ for my needs the botbase is more then good enough.

9. toliman

toliman Member

It can be stored and pushed in the swap function, and added into the logic, but there's another step needed before this works in presto.

It would need to write all of the pets you have into a single list, then refer to the list. Insofar as it's an easy add, it's also not a simple edit, and it would be custom to each person, or, set as a default for the pet itself which would then need to change. So, it would need a new tab in the UI as well, which is getting a bit crowded ... :) At the moment, the logic has to work with any 3 abilities, which means you need to think through a few things for every pet, and there's lots of options.

e.g. lets say you have 3 generic turtles with the same name, they could all have different loadouts or be different levels, they're also numbered uniquely to each battle.net account.

10. HBfanboy1980

HBfanboy1980 Active Member

11. Valpsjuk

Valpsjuk Member

Spotted a typo:

"Corpse Eplosion"

Code:
      if (petName == "Weebomination")
                  {
                      // (missing condition) consume corpse: need to check for dead own pet
                      // (missing condition) death grip: need to check for living secondary enemy pet
                      // (missing condition) corpse explosion: need to check for living own pet
                      custom_abilities = new List<AandC>() {
                          new AandC("Haymaker", () => strong("Haymaker")),	// Slot 3
                          new AandC("Cleave"),	// Slot 1
                          new AandC("Diseased Bite"),	// Slot 1
                          new AandC("Consume Corpse"),	// Slot 2
                          new AandC("Death Grip"),	// Slot 2
                          new AandC("Corpse Eplosion"),	// Slot 3
                      };
                  }

12. Studio60

Version 0004 is up. :)

Right now I am testing a lot of those pets through relative mode (currently around level 7). It might take a while until i discover bugs on higher level pets by myself.

Edit:

Thank you. Fixed in V 5. :) It does not have consequences right now though, because the skill is not being used.

13. Studio60

Version 5 is up. :) Enjoy!

14. HBfanboy1980

Great work!

15. Majik01

Majik01 New Member

Thanks, Great addition to an awesome Botbase.

BTW (I know this is not the best place to ask but..) Couldf anyone tell me what the bast pets to level as Ringers would be?

Pretty new to the Pet Battle system. Thanks and thanks again Studio60.

16. HBfanboy1980

The best places depend on you find specific pets to fight those pets for that zone with level 25 battle pets, but a close second are places with pets levels 23-25. There are zones like that all over every continent so take your pick and make a simply route with the botbase and you are set and safe.

just always remember to run your route once or twice with do not battle turned on so your sure the route is safe and clear of major obstacles.

17. Studio60

HBfanboy1980 is right, just stick to a specific zone and pick two pets that have a distinct advantage. And it is a bit off topic for this thread, but I'll bite: :)

There is for example Mistfall Village in the Valley of Eternal Blossoms. This used to be a very active pet battling spot (don't know if it still is). To efficiently work that spot you would need the following:

1. Get a profile for that small spot (if you can't find one, I can whip you one up tonight)
      2. Remove all your favourites and only add high-level flying types to your favourite (moths work great for this) as well as the low pets you want to level.
      3. In the General Tab of prosto pets set the options so that only Favourites are selected
      4. Load the local profile and run it
      5. Success.

Since you can only heal your pets every 8 minutes in Pandaria and I don't think the profile would be able to use a stable master (yet), you should have at least 4 flying ringer pets so they won't die before your heal is back up. I also now of a few very densely packed spots in Frostfire Ridge with (iirc) mostly beast type enemies. Something similar could be done there. I am just a bit pressed for time right now, so I haven't gotten around to creating profiles.

18. Studio60

I am currently in the process of adding the pet battle tactics from this thread directly to the Prosto_Pets repository. After the initial commit has been merged, you would no longer need to work with an extra attachment and your custom.cs would no longer be blocked. The pet tactics would just be available directly in Prosto_Pets as soon as Prostak publishes an update.

I still want to keep this thread going for discussions, bug reports, critiques regarding specific tactics and come boss fight tactics I am sure we have a whole lot more to talk about.

19. Majik01

Majik01 New Member

Thank you both for the great info. This definatly clears the subject up. And sorry Studio60 for hijacking the thread, just didn't know how it worked and thought (Rightly it seems) this would be the best place to ask as peeps who know about pet leveling.

20. Studio60

Oh don't worry. I love pet battles just as much as you do, so there is technically no wrong time or place to talk about it. :)