• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Botting not alowed

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by Dennisdemennis, Mar 1, 2015.

1. venndann

venndann Member

Bot on, I say. Macros can enable you to throw actions very quickly, which can look like botting. There are addons that help manage cooldowns, which also can look like botting. Never admit to using a bot, i.e., don't ever go on record as being a botter. Most guilds appreciate the high DPS as A1I3n said. They really don't care how you manage it. And if people are watching you too closely, find another guild. It's your game after all, and nobody should be telling you how to play the game YOU pay for. You're the one running the risk with the bot, do what lets you enjoy the game.

2. frosticus

frosticus Community Developer

some of you are forgetting a simple thing. its their guild. they make the rules. they might have had an issue with botters in the past and dont want to bother with the drama again.

there is a lot of drama that follows botters. you can get banned without warning. guild feels betrayed. guild feels that you should have known you could get banned and you pretty much wasted their time and effort making you an effective part of the team. other guildies get butthurt when they cant perform as well and feel you are cheating.

if the guild tells you up front they cant allow botters in their guild, you should move on. dont waste their time. after all they pay for the game too. they want players who for some reason or another fit their expectation of a player. they want people who fit in, can get along, wont bother other players, wont skip raids because of patches, wont be in danger of being reported by others if someone gets their feelings hurt.

there are plenty of opportunities to raid while botting. friends, crossrealm, bnet, premade, trade chat.

its not your 'right' to bot in someone elses raid. form your own guild/raid and do whatever, but when you join someone elses group, you should respect their rules.

otherwise, youre just a dick. doesnt have anything to do with botting being right or wrong.

venndann likes this.
    3. Masterik

Masterik New Member

How can people see that you are botting in raids.

- Insane speed to interrupt, just interrupt manually.
      - Blowing all your cd and shit in a fail pull, this also happen that people right click the boss and the bot start the rotation.
      - Going from doing shitty dps, low debuff uptime, dying a lot from mechanic to pro in a night.
      - Using the bot to level up alts afk and farm.

4. Dennisdemennis

Dennisdemennis New Member

Thanks for the feedback all, im gonna sleep a night over it before i decide it.
      HBfanboy1980 has a nice suggestion but i have to say that Frosticus makes a really good point aswell, there are other guilds without such rules and maybe i felt better if i joined one of those.
      Thanks again for all the reply's :)

5. HBfanboy1980

HBfanboy1980 Active Member

Well said :)

6. amputations

amputations Active Member

A member of hypocrits anonymous in this thread? I think you're lost buddy! ;)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    7. Kane49_2

Kane49_2 New Member

Botting is cheating, no matter the context.
      There is no acceptable way to bot.

8. tia1979

tia1979 New Member

When i raid i use lazyraider and noone can tell coz i move as i should do :)

9. HBfanboy1980

Oh ignorance is bliss :) Sometimes I wish I could still think inside the box and never color outside the lines. I'd prolly be happier if I could tell myself whatever I want and actually believe it was true.

When you speed in your car is there an acceptable way to do it or do you just smash people out of your way and drive as fast as your car can actually go?

Since we need wood for houses and paper, should we chop every tree down with no regard?

We could make a list of about a million things that everyone does even though it is illegal, unethical, or immoral. We all do it, but we normally moderate it for the sake of personal interaction, love, modesty... not going to jail? whatever floats your boat.

EDIT: Kane I know your doing great work with your routine and I hate to be critical of people who contribute so meaningfully to HB because nobody likes drama it pushes us away. Maybe we can just agree the issue isn't black and white like we would always like it to think. Botting is absolutely cheating, but there is always a way to be responsible about how you handle yourself.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
    10. Tekken

Tekken Member

I have to say I love this, the irony of it all... people on this forum trying to give your actions some sort of honesty and decency... I love the coment about being pathetic for using a CR for raiding , so whatever you use the bot for is not pathetic then... hmmmm

Bottom line is we are all cheating here , one way or another, so to try an make it sound that if you do this or that is making it better, is just plain bullshit or as I call it mental wanking.... sorry to be so frank on this topic but again ... is just funny to see peeps trying to make an honourable decision about something that involves cheating.

Cheating is cheating no matter how or when you do it, if you bot it is entirely your decision, and the consequences of your acts are yours only. Remember that you have already in a way signed a contract with Blizzard to not cheat in the game; however you are doing it , how is that now different when it involves a guild. It is the same thing. Or are you saying that is ok to steal from the rich but not from someone else.

The only concern I would always have is make sure they can't see you are botting which for someone that bots is dead easy to see as I imagine they will feel betrayed and probably will not hesitate to throw you under the bus.

My 2 cents

Tekken

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
    11. Mario27

Mario27 Banned

just keep botting man im in a high end pve raid guild aswel and i do it also when ever honorbuddy is offline for a patch and we have a raid i just tell them im sick

12. Valpsjuk

Valpsjuk Member

Is it now? If it werent for HB and CR's I wouldn't be able to play WoW at all, du to the fact that I suffer from severe arthritis in my hands.

I'm not saying that botting is not cheating, cause it is. But thanks to HB I can still enjoy something I wold be locked out of it it wasn't available.

13. darkshadow210

darkshadow210 New Member

if you like the people and want to respect their wishes dont bot.

otherwise, we cheat! Some people like to think they are morally responsible cheaters but at the end of the day we game the system so imo game it as much or as little as you want.

14. magra

magra New Member

I would bet that others in this guild bot, it would be hard to find a whole guild where no one actually does. No one really talks about it, for obvious reasons.

Guilds are a dime a dozen, player retention sucks no matter who you are. Get some good logs and make sure to app with them, that way after getting in your logs won't look dramatically different and it will just be normal. It's not hard to retain the same rotation in this game, one action per second isn't exactly strenuous.

15. HBfanboy1980

Some people should read this and stop responding to posts indirectly. Nobody here is in doubt botting is cheating, but what do thieves do with the thief who steals too much and makes them all look bad or worse get caught. I would venture that many people are giving back a large portion of the time and gold they bring in. Either to their guilds or friends they have in game who don't have a clue they bot. Nobody is being absolved of offenses here, don't talk around things with half truths and fallacies. Whats the point?

[​IMG]

16. leoff

leoff New Member

Nooooooooooooooooo. My gold!!!!!!!!!!1111eleven

MINE.

My... precioussssssss.

17. Kiroshin

Kiroshin New Member

Offtopic: Your signature is ironic lol

Ontopic: Continue to bot! If they don't want you in the guild due to the fact that you bot, then they are probably losing one of the top dps.

18. HBfanboy1980

That is what I was going for! little bit of sweet and sour!

19. bigbeefy

bigbeefy New Member

I would say that you should never admit to botting to anyone in game. Since many bans are generated by player reports, someone could report you or look for a reason to report you if you had told them about your botting. I have found that people that do not bot usually do not like players that do bot, so likely to get reported if they find out about what you are doing. Probably not a good idea to give Blizz a reason to look at your account. I also think that in any high end guild there will be other players who use combat routines, but they will most likely not tell you about it. Besides it is easy to tell who bots in raids, because they never show up for the raid when HB goes down for maintenance and if they do their performance is crap. It might not be a bad idea to learn how to do your rotation manually so that you can still raid if HB is not up, that way you don't miss raid days as most high end guilds have an attendance policy.

20. darkshadow210

darkshadow210 New Member

idk if this is a passive shot at me or something but if it is im sorry i didnt mean to upset you it wasnt my intention.

I still dont think there is a good or bad botter. If giving back gold to people or time makes you feel better about yourself keep doing it. The only bad type of bad botting I can think of is when someone gets no enjoyment out of it.

"Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge."

OP - if you sleep on it and feel like botting in this guild would make you feel bad dont do it. If you dont care go for it! You do you homie dont let anyone tell you how you should feel.