• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Brewce Li: A Simple Fistweaving Rotation (no movement)

Discussion in 'Monk' started by alltrueist, Jun 8, 2014.

1. alltrueist

alltrueist Active Member

UPDATED FOR 6.0.2

INTRODUCTION
      Hello all,
      This is my first release of an Honorbuddy rotation, and my first solo release (I've previously written code for Buddywing rotations), so I appreciate constructive criticism and suggestions.

I want to stress that I am an amateur coder. I am a film student with no background in computers or coding, I just started playing around with BW and HB coding and got hooked. This means that there are likely some issues I cannot fix, which is why this rotation will remain simple (i.e.: no movement, no Chi Burst, no companion healing).

Thanks to Dagrat for his awesome guide and Evo (his Statue placement stuff). I appreciate the people who've given me help, either through Private Messages or through writing great code.

FUNCTIONS
      The goal of this routine is solely to Firstweave. I find it helpful when I'm running older raids, any dungeons, any scenarios, and any solo content. If you want to run anything higher than LFR, you'll need to have excellent gear. Legendary Meta Gem makes this rotation shine, but it can function fairly well without LMG as long as your gear is good.

There is no companion targeting, everything works off the smart-heal system.Therefore, you can just tunnel the boss while still putting up some pretty crazy healing numbers (gear-dependent obviously).

REQUIREMENTS
      GLYPHS
      Must-have: Glyph of Surging Mist
      Recommended: Glyph of Mana Tea

TALENTS
      Tier 15: Any
      Tier 30: Must take Chi Wave
      Tier 45: Any, although Ascension is recommended
      Tier 60: Any
      Tier 75: Any
      Tier 90: Invoke Xuen is recommended, although Rushing Jade Wind is fully supported

USAGE
      Extremely simple to use-- just get into melee range of the boss and start attacking. Rotation will use the smart-heal instant-cast version of Surging Mist, will burst-heal on bosses with Xuen, will keep the player alive with various cooldowns, and will heal the entire raid with Eminence.

Use Alt+E to enable and disable Emergency Healing Mode. This mode simply switches to using *****ling Jade Lightning over Jab. CJL is 7 times more mana-intensive than Jab, but does much more damage and builds 4 Chi in 1.5 seconds. This allows you to put out tons more Blackout Kicks. Beware of mana usage in Emergency mode-- with low Spirit I usually run dry in 4 minutes.

Please provide any suggestions and feedback here, as I'm always looking to improve this rotation.

View attachment BrewceLi.zip

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
      ebouster likes this.
    2. Ruinit

Ruinit Member

can't download it, it is a link to main page ... lol

3. alltrueist

alltrueist Active Member

Try it again

4. Myminime

Myminime New Member

I have tested with my 580 mistmonk. very nice dps and mana usage, but i implement other spell like uplift, thunder focus tea, ReM at Cd, chi wave at cd, dispel.
      And is possible add a heal priority when other player is at 40-30 % with channel surging mist + enveloping mist or soothing mist?

Last, give "intelligence" at this very nice fistweaving cr (add this spell and is like sinweaver PQR rotation!) great job!

+ rep

5. alltrueist

alltrueist Active Member

Thanks for the response and the rep!

I think I could implement Uplift, since it does require a target. I totally forgot about Thunder Focus Tea, I'll get that added as well. I can change Renewing Mist to cast on cooldown. Chi Wave already casts on cooldown-- are you not seeing that?

As far as dispel and healing priorities, those are beyond my coding capabilities. Those would require a Healing Manager, and I've never seen a guide on that. Even Dagrat's new guide won't include Healing Managers.

Your feedback was super helpful, and I'll get those changes in and uploaded. I'll edit the first post and make a new post when they're up.

6. ebouster

ebouster New Member

Thank you for making this. A lot of monks have been waiting for a mw CR that did GOOD fistweaving. TY!!!! will test it out when i can!

7. alltrueist

alltrueist Active Member

Haha, please test it out before you call it a "good" routine. It does well for what I like, but it's not good by any means!

8. alltrueist

alltrueist Active Member

Updated to version 2 in first post.

9. Myminime

Myminime New Member

On new rev my mana is going to 50-60% ( this because spam uplift ?.? ).
      for healing Manager ask at mighy TuanHa or Wulf if you want they are super CRdev :)
      On my opinion add a small healing engine with small intelligence and your work is great! ;)

pls add svn :):):)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
    10. alltrueist

alltrueist Active Member

I'm having trouble finding good sources on Uplift usage. I found a guide saying to use Jab-Jab-Uplift, but I found another guide saying that Jab-Jab-Uplift is outdated. So how should I use Uplift?

As you can tell, I don't know much about Fistweaving, I just thought that his was a missing need in the community so I tried to develop a Fistweaving-only routine. I may change Uplift to only occur during Thunder Focus Tea-- is that right?

11. mariola

mariola Member

[MW]WeakAuras string for Lightning Weaver Rotation.

:D

12. alltrueist

alltrueist Active Member

That's a good resource, but I don't like some of his choices. CJL seems like a waste of time and doesn't save a ton of mana over jab. I'll put CJL in the rotation at the bottom of the priority, for when we're out of melee range.

I use this guide: A Guide to Fistweaving: Hitting it where it counts. - Monk - Icy Veins Forums
      And the one on MMO Champion (linked at the bottom of the Icy Veins guide), and the rotation performs fairly well.

Basically he prefers CJL over Jab, which I don't, and he neglects all the defensive spells and extra healing stuff that my routine uses.

13. mariola

mariola Member

Yes but Lightningweaving differs from fistweaving

14. alltrueist

alltrueist Active Member

So that would be a new rotation then. I know enough about Fistweaving to code this, I have no experience with Lightningweaving. Is there a large benefit to Lightningweaving that we can't get with Fistweaving?

15. Dementum

Dementum New Member

I remember Sinweaver for PQR, it was beautiful. You had to do some things manually but i didn't care <3. I hope this one can impress me, will test it out later and give feedback.

16. Wushu

Wushu Member

Does anyone know how to add engineer glove enchant activation on cooldown to this routine?

17. alltrueist

alltrueist Active Member

I'll look into it, although I can't promise anything because I'm working on my PhD exams this fall. It might be something I do for the WoD update.

18. Myminime

Myminime New Member

Alltrue, plans to update cr for chiji stance for 6.02? Like a great and interesting stance!

19. alltrueist

alltrueist Active Member

Yep, I'm testing it at the moment. Trying to figure out priorities for Chi dumping, getting different advice from different guides. At the moment, I'm leaning toward BoK as the Chi dump, although that could change at level 100 with the talents. I'll put the update in the first post when I'm happy with it. Still need to test in dungeons.

20. Starbrox

Starbrox Member

looking forward to trying it :)