• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Brewce Li: A Simple Fistweaving Rotation (no movement)

Discussion in 'Monk' started by alltrueist, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Majik01

Majik01 New Member

I'm looking forward to this one a lot, waiting with baited breath :D

2. alltrueist

alltrueist Active Member

At the moment, the rotation is 99% done. I've tested stuff out, and BoK is the go-to Chi dump. The only thing holding me back is figuring out how to use Detonate Chi. There doesn't seem to be any way to detect how many Chi Spheres there are, and casting it without any spheres is a waste of a GCD and mana.

At the moment, I have CJL set to use only during a Lucidity proc. This is awesome, as CJL builds 4 chi in 1 second, does more damage, but costs like 14x more mana than Jab. Sometimes the healing gets behind, and I'm thinking about adding a bool switch for something like "emergency mode" where it'll just spam CJL instead of Jab. Right now, mana is a non-issue with Jab, but I run dry after about 4 minutes with CJL. Good enough for dungeon fights, but a little dicey for raids.

I'm going to continue tweaking the rotation and playing with CJL, then I'll release a version (probably today). It'll be super beta, but it's enough for you to heal dungeons, solo, and heal raids you overgear.

Please remember that Fistweaving has been nerfed for WoD, so it's not quite the powerhouse healer it used to be.

3. Majik01

Majik01 New Member

I'd be happy with a CR without Detonate Chi and running with just Jab, just to get started. I'm still gearing so 14x more mana may be too much for my gear atm. Willing to try either tho, at the moment, I'm not even playing wow as I'm crap manual play (Not ashamed to admit it). hence why I use HB :D

Anyways thanks for the update.

4. alltrueist

alltrueist Active Member

First post is updated with 6.0.2 version. At the moment Detonate Chi is disabled while I try to see if I can make it work. Use Alt+E to switch between Jab (normal mode) and CJL (emergency mode).

Please post feedback here.

5. Majik01

Majik01 New Member

Tried it out and Normal mode works great, CJL (Emergency Mode) just stood there trying to cast, but not actually casting (Sorry forgot to get logs) .(Didn't matter as i ended up just manualy casting CJL on pull and when needed) However I think we actually need a CR that can switch between Fistweaving and Mistweaving styles (And stances obviously) as I was on a boss that became immune to damage and was not able to heal the party and we wiped. Shame really as up till then it was going fine. I do realize that this would entail a lot more work. Thanks for the effort tho. will keep this for BG's and LFR's, should work OK for them.