• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • buddy wing small issue.

Discussion in 'Buddy Wing Forum' started by jamilnielsen, Dec 16, 2016.

1. jamilnielsen

jamilnielsen Member

i have a tiny problem, after a period of time the bot degrades more and more were eventually in my case it will A: start using Juggernaut "Guard" on ITSELF and B: its pathfinding takes a hit causing it to for example fail at stopping when moving while in combat [mostly on mount] as well as interacting with friendly NPC's(unable to sell items properly)[repeats opens shop window]
      i was wondering if we could have a fix for this.
      or if that's too troublesome, since restarting the bot program helps, may i suggest some sort of
      Code:
      [B]if[/B] Timer 30 minutes | combat false | feature true [B]then[/B]
          pause
          temp_save profile line
          unload cache
          unhook game
          hook game
          load profile
          load temp_save profile line
          resume
      [B]else[/B]
          continue
      of course i have written not as actual code but in a format so the basic idea is easily visible.
      personally i'd say such a thing as this should not be too big an issue to implement.
      there's also the fact that having a feature like this would solve a large amount of problems that can be solved by regular restarts.
      oh and "feature true" is in case you'd add config file for it, and i guess the timer could also get a config line for that :D

2. Logandros

Logandros Moderator Moderator

There is a reload button on top of the bot next to save settings, does that not do the same thing?

3. jamilnielsen

jamilnielsen Member

i'll have to test if that's true tomorrow, regardless i'd like an automated version of that, on a timer to avoid having to watch the bot work for convenience(after all, convenience is the reason we're using bots no :)? )

4. Logandros

Logandros Moderator Moderator

Except if you are in the middle of a boss fight or pvp and your bot resets because the 30 min timer is up

5. jamilnielsen

jamilnielsen Member

exactly why the example code had | "combat=false" to be sure it could stop pathfinding for 5 seconds to ensure it would not accidentally hit a combat event while performing restart.

6. wired203

wired203 Community Developer

so find out if the reload button is in the api and if not request it, then you can write a plugin to call it. I would do a out of combat timer for so long etc or maybe reload when you vendor so you don't reload and get pwned.

7. jamilnielsen

jamilnielsen Member

good idea wired203.