• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • BuddyWing 1.0.1310.898 (March release) discussion

Discussion in 'Buddy Wing Forum' started by Aevitas, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Aevitas

Aevitas Well-Known Member Staff Member Buddy Core Dev

Quite a couple fixes in this month's update, including:

• Disabled droid repair until vendor selection for it can be properly fixed
      • Added -noupdate command line argument to disable startup updates check, mainly targeted at power users who don't require every individual update
      • Changed NeedRest threshold to 50% of HP down from 90 in DefaultCombat
      • Fixed discipline detection for Mercenary Bodyguard
      • Fixed discipline detection for Commando Combat Medic
      • Fixed discipline detection for Sentinel Watchman
      • Fixed discipline detection for Marauder Annihilation
      • Fixed an issue where maximum health was not properly retrieved for anything other than the local player and its companion (this should also fix healing routines) - thanks Wired203
      • Fixed an issue where the bot would get stuck targeting a dead or otherwise invalid target, especially in crowded zones and would AFK out - thanks stoiansl
      • Fixed an issue where the OpenLockboxes plugin would repeatedly throw exceptions, and sometimes cause the bot to stop
      • Added F9 hotkey to pause the bot temporarily. This pauses the bot entirely, not just the routine and can be used while in game
      • Added F10 hotkey to stop and start the bot while in game

Please use this thread to discuss the release, and let us know what you think about it.

Huge thanks to the people contributing and reporting issues on the GitHub issue trackers, I really like how this bot's becoming a community effort and that we can address any issues you guys are facing with your help. I think it really helps the quality of the bot, and we're committed to keeping up at least the one update a month schedule up to routinely fix issues you guys are facing.

For those unfamiliar, the following two links take you to the issue tracker for BuddyWing and the combat routine respectively:

https://github.com/BosslandGmbH/BuddyWing/issues
      https://github.com/BosslandGmbH/BuddyWing.DefaultCombat

Looking forward to your feedback!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    2. mtown

mtown New Member

Thanks Great Work!!!!!~ @Aevitas and everyone that helped

3. wired203

wired203 Community Developer

Looks good, I redid my SVN for the updated targeting routine to where it should be with healing working. Local testing went well but need others to test. Aevitas thanks for fixing the MaxHealth issue I know a lot of people have been waiting for healing for a while now. Thanks for the dead target fix as well I know a lot of people running the bot for heavy grinding will appreciate that one.

4. Cryogenesis

Cryogenesis Moderator Moderator

Im interested in the F10 stop and start api code. This would in theory be good for a plugin to detect if the bot is afk'ing and send stop and start.

5. wired203

You wouldn't actually need API if he doesn't want to release that, Rest.cs I added ESC to cease resting a long time ago. Same thing could be applied there, set focus buddywing window then send f10 key. Now you have to figure out just how to detect going afk.

6. Cryogenesis

Cryogenesis Moderator Moderator

That is a way, but not really the cleanest.
      Anyways for detection I would say, read out logs and search for certain strings or by getting current location and recheck after a period. If moved reset.

7. wired203

I wonder if there's a actual API for afk, that would be the easiest. If (AFK) do stuff.

hrmm posted too soon, a quick search of the API came up with exactly that.

http://docs.buddywing.com/html/P_Buddy_Swtor_Objects_TorPlayer_IsAFK.htm

It's even a strait bool. So yeah you could make a plugin to do that which is best as a plugin because if it's going afk then likely the combat bot is stuck in it's code and not processing through said check.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    8. trasser

trasser New Member

I have trouble now after update. Endless restore. Char fighting - sit down for rest - and continuer endless restoring. Stand after castbar end and sit again...

9. obseoe

obseoe New Member

Same. Have troubles.
      1. Endless restore was on some of my bots. Fixed by the buddy re-install.
      2. Most bots (Shadow Infiltration build) does not use invisibility after this patch. I took routine from old version, but no effect. Only after full downgrade back to previous version they start work properly. So that's only temp solution....

So second problem is very inportant and i can't fix it by myself. Need some help.

10. Aevitas

I'm going to guess the routine uses stealth in its rest routine, which is now only called when the char is below 50% HP, down from 90.

11. obseoe

obseoe New Member

Ok, but i need stealth all the time, what can i change in the routine to fix this? Thanks.

12. stoiansl

stoiansl Member

grinders better use old version he will check tomorrow :) once your bot get hited and start rest is keep resting no matter %

stealth is keep rest too

13. wired203

Those profiles have that in the buffs section, they don't get called from rest. However they do check

Code:
      					Spell.Buff("Stealth", ret => !Rest.KeepResting() && !DefaultCombat.MovementDisabled)

KeepResting which I think that variable must be getting stuck on some people, explains why resting keeps going and restarts sometimes and why stealth isn't buffing.

14. obseoe

obseoe New Member

I want notice again, that problem still exist with stealth and characters with Shadow Infiltration build totally do not buff themselves. Even after full buddy reinstall. And even if buddy/game/pc was restarted. They do not use this skill anymore. Only downgrade to previous version helps.

15. Aevitas

That's what I'm thinking too - fixing HealthMax actually broke the resting logic, go figure. Should be a relatively trivial fix though, I'll look into it today.

The problem here likely is that when a character's level is scaled, the health percentage is never 100, therefore it'll keep resting indefinitely.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    16. db00

db00 Member

getting that stuck on healing problem on most of my toons as well.

17. wired203

I did come across a rest issue but couldn't replicate the stealth issue. I updated rest a long time ago to utilize sendkeys, for some reason and I don't know when it started but it's not sending it in the backround anymore. The client has to be in the foreground. I fixed the run into the sunset bug with a movement check before entering rest so you didn't run and try to cast rest forever but a few felt it was best to not break out of rest with a movement. When it doesn't end the rest it runs for the full duration of the cast but then moved on. I even set my rest percentage very high and it was working for me every time.

Does buddy have the ability to send the esc key that I'm not seeing? Otherwise I will probably just revert that to a movement bump to end rest as that will work with the window in focus or not. I spent a few hours last night trying to get it to work in the backround again but it wouldn't go.

MaxHealth fixed healing great but I have in the test targeting code someone came across an issue. Not sure if it's on my or your end. When a party member dies they kept reporting a very very small amount of HP's.

Code:
      2016-03-30 05:20:31,743 [Main Bot Thread] INFO Logging - [DefaultCombat] >> Casting << Static Barrier Health447.5826 TGTPCT0.6060724 MXHLTH73849.69
       2016-03-30 05:20:32,245 [Main Bot Thread] INFO Logging - [DefaultCombat] >> Casting << Static Barrier Health447.5826 TGTPCT0.6060724 MXHLTH73849.69
       2016-03-30 05:20:32,760 [Main Bot Thread] INFO Logging - [DefaultCombat] >> Casting << Static Barrier Health447.5826 TGTPCT0.6060724 MXHLTH73849.69

Health is targets health, tgtpct is the targets health percent and then mxhlth is the maxhealth. The bot wound up trying to non stop cast to that character even though they were dead because for some reason it thought they still had 447 hps left.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    18. db00

db00 Member

Doing a clean bot reinstall doesn't solve the stuck on healing problem , when will you release a fix?

19. wired203

I have a test version of default combat that heals pretty solid right now, but death bugs it.

20. obseoe

obseoe New Member

I can make a video with stealth problem, if that could help. Give me your contact email or skype please.